British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Place your bets!! Name the Royal Baby......... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/place-your-bets-name-royal-baby-801699/)

Blue Cat Jul 23rd 2013 6:14 am

Re: Place your bets!! Name the Royal Baby.........

I reckon it will be William Charles :)

Kix Jul 23rd 2013 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10814156)
I reckon it will be William Charles :)

Charles George

Still prefer Adolf Dai though :p

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 23rd 2013 6:23 am

Geoff.

Blue Cat Jul 23rd 2013 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10814167)
Geoff.

:) they are saying on the news Philip will be the middle name, well they think it will :)

shiva Jul 23rd 2013 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10814169)
:) they are saying on the news Philip will be the middle name, well they think it will :)

its not news though is it, its speculation and vacuous void filling

Blue Cat Jul 23rd 2013 6:37 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 10814178)
its not news though is it, its speculation and vacuous void filling

I agree it isn't news. The UK is such a miserable place these days they just go a bit OTT whenever something *nice* happens.

Kix Jul 23rd 2013 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10814182)
I agree it isn't news. The UK is such a miserable place these days they just go a bit OTT whenever something *nice* happens.

I have to agree with you.

I was there on the Royal Wedding day in London, it was absobloodylutely mental - what a great day. Can't recall getting home but seem to recall being picked up off the street at some point.

Blue Cat Jul 23rd 2013 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10814187)
I have to agree with you.

I was there on the Royal Wedding day in London, it was absobloodylutely mental - what a great day. Can't recall getting home but seem to recall being picked up off the street at some point.

Patriotism is big in the UK these days, it wained somewhat after Diana but William and Kate have got the national alive again. Whatever your personal feelings are on the subject you can't blame a national for being happy. It's history in the making and it's a hell of a lot better than hearing about Katie Price etc

soukie Jul 23rd 2013 6:47 am

George Charles Philip Francis is my guess. I was hoping she had a girl to see if they included Diana in her name.

Blue Cat Jul 23rd 2013 6:51 am

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 10814195)
George Charles Philip Francis is my guess. I was hoping she had a girl to see if they included Diana in her name.

yes so was I :)

Bahtatboy Jul 23rd 2013 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10814192)
Patriotism is big in the UK these days, it wained somewhat after Diana but William and Kate have got the national alive again. Whatever your personal feelings are on the subject you can't blame a national for being happy. It's history in the making and it's a hell of a lot better than hearing about Katie Price etc

Provided there are ooh-look-at-her-isn't-she-brash lurid, Daily-Mail-type pictures accompanying the article, I'd have to disagree.

Blue Cat Jul 23rd 2013 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10814203)
Provided there are ooh-look-at-her-isn't-she-brash lurid, Daily-Mail-type pictures accompanying the article, I'd have to disagree.

disagree that the UK isn't going into celebration overload?

Cypselos Jul 23rd 2013 7:04 am

In think for the baby's own sake we should all be grateful it wasn't a girl. Imagine what the press would've been like with OMG Baby Princess DI of Hearts our Future Queen.

flares Jul 23rd 2013 7:04 am

Henry and Louis

(demonimations for a commodity traded in back in student days - Louis being exactly half of Henry)

rowell Jul 23rd 2013 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10814205)
disagree that the UK isn't going into celebration overload?

Not seen any actual celebration other than Kate's home town and London, but yes a lot of talk, there again there is a lot of excitement about the possibility of a whitewash in the Ashes.As for the UK being a miserable place to be, it's all relative.