Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

the place i hate most...

the place i hate most...

Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute
Default the place i hate most...

I am gearing myself up to go to the Mall of the Emirates...I hate it.
I get lost because it is too big.I am completely crap with my sense of direction.If it was at home,I would be one of those people on the loud speaker..."if anyone has lost an idiot wearing a black t-shirt and jeans,she is here at the information desk".
Is it just me?
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the place i hate most...

I have to go there in an hour or so, i will keep a look out for a lost soul...
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
I have to go there in an hour or so, i will keep a look out for a lost soul...
I will be the one in the corner crying for my Daddy.

..no,I am meeting a friend today....I wont go there on my own!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:57 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
I am gearing myself up to go to the Mall of the Emirates...I hate it.
I get lost because it is too big.I am completely crap with my sense of direction.If it was at home,I would be one of those people on the loud speaker..."if anyone has lost an idiot wearing a black t-shirt and jeans,she is here at the information desk".
Is it just me?
nah you get used to it pretty quickly, its not really that big AND there;s LOADs of pick'n'mix stalls, get in!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Spugsy
nah you get used to it pretty quickly, its not really that big AND there;s LOADs of pick'n'mix stalls, get in!
Aah...I will bring you back some sweeties!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

pick and mix eh..

noo.. don't pick up the pear drops, they are too heavy..

take the flying saucers instead...
Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
I will be the one in the corner crying for my Daddy.

..no,I am meeting a friend today....I wont go there on my own!
believe you missed the word "Sugar" there!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
believe you missed the word "Sugar" there!
That does have a nice ring to it!!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:03 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

I am the same. I hate the place as I always get lost. A few weeks back I spent about 40 mins tryng to find L'Occitane, and I could see from the map that I was very near it, I just couldn't find it. I asked a Security Guard who didn't speak very good English and didn't understand me. I felt like I was about to cry, so I gave up.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:04 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to find it pretty daunting too, I could never tell which end was Ski Dubai and which end was Carrefour!

Now I shop there way too much so I know it like the back of my hand Going for a massage, mani and pedi there this afternoon to prepare for the weekend frolics, bliss...
Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
I used to find it pretty daunting too, I could never tell which end was Ski Dubai and which end was Carrefour!

Now I shop there way too much so I know it like the back of my hand Going for a massage, mani and pedi there this afternoon to prepare for the weekend frolics, bliss...
Ski Dubai is at the end with the big ski slope!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Ski Dubai is at the end with the big ski slope!
Thanks sweetie, difficult to tell when you arrive in the middle of it though
Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:15 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Thanks sweetie, difficult to tell when you arrive in the middle of it though
Well, if you are in the middle at the back, Carrrefour is to your right, and Ski Dubai is to your left....

PS. Your right hand is the one you write with, unless you are left handed of course....
Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
Well, if you are in the middle at the back, Carrrefour is to your right, and Ski Dubai is to your left....

PS. Your right hand is the one you write with, unless you are left handed of course....
women and directions...

you might as well start talking about the offside rule...

or the internal combustion engine...
Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat

Yes but when you've been shopping and walking around for a while it can be very disorientating especially when your judgement is clouded with thoughts of which shoes to buy!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.