British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Pirates... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/pirates-603127/)

BangleMan Apr 12th 2009 5:33 pm

Pirates...

Well the US Captain has been freed, and three of the Pirates are dead...

I see the Pirates bold statement that they would fight the US Navy didnt go according to plan...

Its a shame there will be no more Pirates of the Caribbean films :rofl::rofl:

Alexa Apr 12th 2009 5:36 pm

Re: Pirates...

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7473671)

I see the Pirates bold statement that they would fight the US Navy didnt go according to plan...

Got their scrawny arses kicked...lol....no, seriously, were they really beaten up by those beefy Navy boys?
How embarrassing.....

BangleMan Apr 12th 2009 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 7473678)
Got their scrawny arses kicked...lol....no, seriously, were they really beaten up by those beefy Navy boys?
How embarrassing.....

well i guess so, .....either that or three of them committed suicide ....lol

Alexa Apr 12th 2009 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7473718)
well i guess so, .....either that or three of them committed suicide ....lol

Would not exactly be unheard of....:D

Confucius Apr 12th 2009 6:48 pm

Rambo did it...

Somehow US only moved in when one of their own got into deep waters...Makes you think...

Alexa Apr 12th 2009 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7473850)
Rambo did it...

Somehow US only moved in when one of their own got into deep waters...Makes you think...

You think they should have gone and helped the Saudi tanker?:D

Confucius Apr 12th 2009 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 7473908)
You think they should have gone and helped the Saudi tanker?:D

Of course...

Blue Cat Apr 12th 2009 7:35 pm

what you lot talking about ? Pirates? I cancelled Gulf News last year when I had a fit with them over their supplements :(

mysharona Apr 12th 2009 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7473985)
what you lot talking about ? Pirates? I cancelled Gulf News last year when I had a fit with them over their supplements :(

Its been on Sky News pretty solid for the last few days, they needed a new "long runner" after the Jade Goody stories ran flat. Basically four blokes tried to pinch a boat, that went wrong so they pinched this American bloke instead and tried to make a quick escape in an engineless life raft.

The American fellow jumped overboard and then the Americans hit the liferaft with a B52, a cruise missile and Chuck Norris.

(The last bit I made up, but they are dead).

Blue Cat Apr 12th 2009 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by mysharona (Post 7474003)
Its been on Sky News pretty solid for the last few days, they needed a new "long runner" after the Jade Goody stories ran flat. Basically four blokes tried to pinch a boat, that went wrong so they pinched this American bloke instead and tried to make a quick escape in an engineless life raft.

The American fellow jumped overboard and then the Americans hit the liferaft with a B52, a cruise missile and Chuck Norris.

sky news? is that after cartoon network :rofl: will look see tomorrow :p

fred uk Apr 12th 2009 11:28 pm

The Americans seem to have flushed the toilet.
About bloody time too. :)

Inselaffen Apr 12th 2009 11:59 pm

its a big problem. Most shipowners now won't let their ships go through the Gulf of Aden. That means they have to go around the Cape rather than going through Suez. Luckily for consumers the shipping market is so bad that the extra days taken don't cost much more than the Suez canal fee so it is not being reflected in prices on the high street.

Inselaffen Apr 13th 2009 2:18 am

news coverage of the pirates in action

seraphnina Apr 13th 2009 2:55 am

Captain Pugwash saves the day. LOL:thumbsup:

Spugsy Apr 13th 2009 5:40 am

Originally Posted by mysharona (Post 7474003)

they should be doing that though, or just hire teams like on Rambo 4 of mercenaries and as soon as these lads come tootling up in their little boats waving guns the Rambo lads basically open fire and blow the twats out of the water,

it'll soon stop them. And it would be a good job to have I reckon.