British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Pinoy Passports (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/pinoy-passports-782678/)

Millhouse Jan 6th 2013 7:50 am

Pinoy Passports

My Maid's passport has less than 6 months to run. She goes away next week for a while. Her visa is new.

Will she have problems getting back in to the UAE? (or out of the Pips?)

Bahtatboy Jan 6th 2013 7:51 am

Re: Pinoy Passports

Starting to show?

desert-rat Jan 6th 2013 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10466605)
My Maid's passport has less than 6 months to run. She goes away next week for a while. Her visa is new.

Will she have problems getting back in to the UAE? (or out of the Pips?)

She can get a new passport in Abu Dhabi only takes a couple of days if you are lucky.

al dente Jan 7th 2013 8:19 am

Originally Posted by desert-rat (Post 10467078)
She can get a new passport in Abu Dhabi only takes a couple of days if you are lucky.

It took my maid a month to get a new one, that was in October.

What does the embassy say in regards to travelling on a work permit longer than the passport's validity?

dubaiguy2011 Jan 7th 2013 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10466608)
Starting to show?

Post of the week. FACT.

Debowing Jan 12th 2013 2:51 am

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 10468478)
It took my maid a month to get a new one, that was in October.

What does the embassy say in regards to travelling on a work permit longer than the passport's validity?

The old passport with the visa gets stabled to the new passport once she gets it. However she should enter the UAE prior to expiration of her visa. Once she gets a new renewal of her visa it will be stuck to her new passport and she should use that one. It is better if she gets her new passport in UAE before going back to the Philippines.

Millhouse Jan 12th 2013 4:43 am

OK, what we got told:

1) Go to the pinoy embassy in Abu Dhabi
2) Ask to renew the passport (360Dh)
3) Renewal takes a few weeks, in the meantime they will provide a 1 year extension to the passport on the same day.
4) We'll stable the two until the visa expires - little point in that really as I doubt she will travel again before it expires.

she is doing this tomorrow... let's see how it goes.

Bahtatboy Jan 12th 2013 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10478442)
OK, what we got told:

1) Go to the pinoy embassy in Abu Dhabi
2) Ask to renew the passport (360Dh)
3) Renewal takes a few weeks, in the meantime they will provide a 1 year extension to the passport on the same day.
4) We'll stable the two until the visa expires - little point in that really as I doubt she will travel again before it expires.

she is doing this tomorrow... let's see how it goes.

Told you.

scot47 Jan 12th 2013 7:51 pm

I hazard a guess that the "Kabayan" get better service from their consular sections than the unfortunate Brits.

desert-rat Jan 13th 2013 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 10479325)
I hazard a guess that the "Kabayan" get better service from their consular sections than the unfortunate Brits.

And so they should.

hoofie2002 Jan 14th 2013 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10466608)
Starting to show?

Without a doubt the best comment I have seen on this site in years

al dente Jan 15th 2013 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Debowing (Post 10478345)
The old passport with the visa gets stabled to the new passport once she gets it. However she should enter the UAE prior to expiration of her visa. Once she gets a new renewal of her visa it will be stuck to her new passport and she should use that one. It is better if she gets her new passport in UAE before going back to the Philippines.

I know that but i was wondering that if you only have 5 months left on your passport ,but your visa is still valid for 9 months, whether that gives some leeway for the passort 6 months rule? Ot does it not matter and the 6 months rule is set in stone.