Pinoy life

Old Feb 24th 2011, 6:41 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pinoy life

We watched this the other day. Quite interesting, funny and upsetting in places - brought tears to our maid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode....._Bus_Driver/
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Pinoy life

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse View Post
We watched this the other day. Quite interesting, funny and upsetting in places - brought tears to our maid.

Not available in our area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:13 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
Not available in our area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
get a VPN then...
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:15 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Millie,

What is it like to have a maid? Get along well? No problems?

My cleaners only come in when I'm at work so the apartment might as well be cleaned by invisible elves as far as I know. I rely on the cat to make sure they don't steal anything. But I rather like it that way, and I do wonder what it's like having a full time maid living in.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:19 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Originally Posted by Ethos83 View Post
Millie,

What is it like to have a maid? Get along well? No problems?

My cleaners only come in when I'm at work so the apartment might as well be cleaned by invisible elves as far as I know. I rely on the cat to make sure they don't steal anything. But I rather like it that way, and I do wonder what it's like having a full time maid living in.
No real problems. The blow jobs aren't as exciting as they used to be but otherwise it's ok.

She has been away for the last 6 weeks and from what I could see the only difference was I had to put my pants on before going downstairs, make my own cup of tea when I got in from work and do the washing up.

In fairness I don't see that much of her, after dinner she drifts back to her room, watches TV, reads and uses messenger to her mates.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:23 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the big advantage in having her versus a cleaning company coming in once or twice a week?

One hears about all the hassles of finding good maids, the visa sponsorship costs and the dangers of her absconding or getting pregnant.

No real problems. The blow jobs aren't as exciting as they used to be but otherwise it's ok.

She has been away for the last 6 weeks and from what I could see the only difference was I had to put my pants on before going downstairs, make my own cup of tea when I got in from work and do the washing up.

In fairness I don't see that much of her, after dinner she drifts back to her room, watches TV, reads and uses messenger to her mates.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:27 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Originally Posted by Ethos83 View Post
What's the big advantage in having her versus a cleaning company coming in once or twice a week?

One hears about all the hassles of finding good maids, the visa sponsorship costs and the dangers of her absconding or getting pregnant.
We debate this all the time at home. For me there is only one reason but it is absolute.

We have the total freedom to walk out of the house as a couple when mini is in bed on any day of the week to go and do something together. This could be a walk to the petrol station to get milk or an evening on the beers.

For us, there is no other reason to have a live in maid. But it's a big one.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:50 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

We watched this, too. As you said, interesting, funny and upsetting all at the same time. Programmes like this make me angry when people whine about living in 'poverty' in the UK - they don't know the meaning of the word
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

We debate this all the time at home. For me there is only one reason but it is absolute.

We have the total freedom to walk out of the house as a couple when mini is in bed on any day of the week to go and do something together. This could be a walk to the petrol station to get milk or an evening on the beers.

For us, there is no other reason to have a live in maid. But it's a big one.
agree with you, that's exactly the same reason why we have a live in helper...

MM, xx
Old Feb 24th 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

get a VPN then...
Nah!!! Watch little tv to be honest.