British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Picture Frames ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/picture-frames-716884/)

BangleMan May 13th 2011 2:46 pm

Picture Frames ?

Does anyone know anywhere in Dubai that I can get a nice 24"x36" picture frame....apart from Ikea ?

Thanks !

hnd May 13th 2011 3:05 pm

Re: Picture Frames ?

Do you have a picture which has to be mounted and framed? If so the picture framer by Park & Shop on Al Wasl has done several for us and we were very pleased with the result and the price.

BangleMan May 13th 2011 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by hnd (Post 9362274)
Do you have a picture which has to be mounted and framed? If so the picture framer by Park & Shop on Al Wasl has done several for us and we were very pleased with the result and the price.

Yes! It's a picture that i want mounted and framed......is the shop towards the marina end of Al Wasl or other end ?

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it !

Madam Medusa May 13th 2011 3:13 pm

antiques museum or dragonmart...

MM, xx

BangleMan May 13th 2011 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 9362291)
antiques museum or dragonmart...

MM, xx

Antiques Museum.....lol, was thinking of something a little more funky !

Blue Cat May 13th 2011 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 9362283)
Yes! It's a picture that i want mounted and framed......is the shop towards the marina end of Al Wasl or other end ?

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it !

it's next door to Park n Shop :thumbup:

Madam Medusa May 13th 2011 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 9362372)
Antiques Museum.....lol, was thinking of something a little more funky !

it's not a musuem, and doesn't sell antiques, muppet...it's pretty good for framing and stuff...

MM, xx

hnd May 13th 2011 8:10 pm

Park & Shop is kind of Safa Park area.

TGFKASE May 14th 2011 5:18 am

For frames etc, I use a guy just up from Ravi's in Satwa, same side away from Rydges Plaza....

al dente May 14th 2011 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 9362420)
it's not a musuem, and doesn't sell antiques, muppet...it's pretty good for framing and stuff...

MM, xx

I've only just heard of the Antiques Museum, does it do furniture, lampshades etc? Or is it more of a trinket joint?

Autonomy May 14th 2011 12:28 pm

Lots in Satwa. The guy I used was great - but they closed...

Blue Cat May 14th 2011 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 9363764)
I've only just heard of the Antiques Museum, does it do furniture, lampshades etc? Or is it more of a trinket joint?

all sorts, not alot of furniture, always worth popping in though

Madam Medusa May 14th 2011 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 9363764)

it has some furniture, that big wooden kind...and lots of statues (elephants, horses, animals etc...)...there is some lighting but not like dragonmart...great for pashminas, silks, curtains etc...and any tourist tat you might ever want, lol...it's worth going just for the bonkers experience...

MM, xx

al dente May 14th 2011 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 9364345)
it has some furniture, that big wooden kind...and lots of statues (elephants, horses, animals etc...)...there is some lighting but not like dragonmart...great for pashminas, silks, curtains etc...and any tourist tat you might ever want, lol...it's worth going just for the bonkers experience...

MM, xx

Ta (and same to you Blue Cat).

Blue Cat May 15th 2011 6:16 am

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 9364378)
Ta (and same to you Blue Cat).

:thumbup: