On phone to bank

Old Oct 9th 2012, 9:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: On phone to bank

[QUOTE=shiva;10321200]
Originally Posted by Scamp
It would have been 4 days without a cash card.../QUOTE]

i'm now over 10 days without an hsbc uae atm card, after they canceled the last one without telling me. answer was apparently it was too old and why hadnt i changed it, funny cos ive been requesting a chip and pin for about 4 ****ing years and why didnt they tell me they were cancelling it, cue argument that they did/didnt. followed by discovery that dhl had the card a week ago but the bank gave them some phone numbers that werent mine so no wonder dhl couldnt arrange delivery.

on the plus side i found out that they did this to an ex employe of theirs who was at regional C level recently, he has now downgraded his accounts here to the same one that laborers get and funnily enough reckons the service he receives is better!

anyway im now waiting for them to not turn up with the wrong cards to the wrong house calling the wrong numbers.
TWATS
Sweet jesus.

I feel for you mate. I got sick of transferring money to mates and getting them to withdraw it for a few days. Let alone 10+.

Problem I find is you walk into a shop / branch / whatever and want to complain and you get fobbed off. You get a bit more rowdy and demand management, you get the same shit.

It seems to me that you have to go a long way up the tree to find a brain.

Good luck mate.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 9:52 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

If only you all knew someone who had contacts at banks who could assist in resolving problems...
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:33 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
Are HSBC the best ones to use then?
*falls off chair*
Old Oct 9th 2012, 12:12 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
If only you all knew someone who had contacts at banks who could assist in resolving problems...
thanks but before i escalate it ill see what happens. TBH im not bothered about complaining in this case as i have it on good authority that HSBC here dont give a flying **** about customers upto and including quite big businesses. such a massive percentage of business comes from such a tiny amount of accounts that even high up they are told to effectively ignore 95% plus of customers.

cmplaining to get a change made i'm all for to just waste my breath, **** it, one day i'll be gone and the sand will cover the whole thing up.....
Old Oct 11th 2012, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

RAKBANK used to be very good with customer service (no idea about how they're doing now).

Stanchart is marginally better.

HSBC is crap.

EmiratesNBD is at the bottom of the cesspit. I know - used to work there once upon a time!

The others I guess fall somewhere between HSBC and the above mentioned cesspit.