Pet shops

Old Feb 5th 2014, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all
Default Pet shops

I recently had the misfortune to visit a pet shop in al barsha, they are selling stray cats for 1000 aed, and they think this is okay, I have alerted feline friends, unfortunately my little girl died today, she was a stray, please don't support these shops
Old Feb 5th 2014, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all
Default Re: Pet shops

53 looks, and no one cares, thanks
Old Feb 5th 2014, 3:03 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Why would someone pay 1000 for a stray when they can get one for free off the street?

When I first moved here I used to worry about the street cats but they seem pretty resilient and seem more than capable of looking after themselves. I still feed them when I get the chance but for the most part they seem healthier than my fat, pampered cat back home.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Fossildog;11114677]Why would someone pay 1000 for a stray when they can get one for free off the street?

When I first moved here I used to worry about the street cats but they seem pretty resilient and seem more than capable of looking after themselves. I still feed them when I get the chance but for the most part they seem healthier than my fat, pampered cat back home.[/Q
Was just letting people know about the awfully pet shops
Old Feb 5th 2014, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Pet shops are depressing. When I lived in AD I bought a few Budgies from them . I would often let the budgies fly around the room so as not to keep them cooped up. Parents would tell me that it wasn't right to keep birds in cages but freeing them in the AD climate also might be a problem, though I have seen flocks of budgies from time to time.

One day I left the cage door open and they left. After that I never got budgies or any other birds.

I don't blame the guys having the small modest pet shops, they are poor and trying to survive in tough conditions, so animal welfare like we see it is just not on their radar.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Can I buy a monkey there? I need one for my night club.........

http://www.emirates247.com/crime/loc...02-04-1.537168
Old Feb 6th 2014, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winter
It's only a cat. For a minute, I was hoping I could get myself a pet Indian to keep in a tank.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 5:56 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winter
Views always vastly exceed comments.

I am sorry your cat has died. It's always awful to lose a beloved pet.

Most pet shops here are appalling and should be shut down.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Why do people feed stray cats?
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:21 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Why do people feed stray cats?
Because they are kind.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Gus Honeybun is an unknown quantity at this point

We picked up a friendly stray in JBR last year. Took her to the vet for inoculations and, bugger me, turned out she was HIV +ve. Had to be put down. No more strays for us then.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Because they are kind.
Because they want to spread disease.

Stray mogs are up there with pigeons. they piss all over my patio chairs making it smell.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:46 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Because they want to spread disease.

Stray mogs are up there with pigeons. they piss all over my patio chairs making it smell.

Then they are probably toms that need neutering. Only toms spray and it is horrible. You might want to ask one the cat organisations (Feline Friends or Bin Kitty Collective) if they can help with TNR (trap neuter release) in your area. Result will be no more spraying on your furniture and fewer stray/feral kittens.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
Then they are probably toms that need neutering. Only toms spray and it is horrible. You might want to ask one the cat organisations (Feline Friends or Bin Kitty Collective) if they can help with TNR (trap neuter release) in your area. Result will be no more spraying on your furniture and fewer stray/feral kittens.
and the disease?
Old Feb 6th 2014, 7:30 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Millhouse
and the disease?

What disease? With TNR they also get a health check.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.