Personal “Toys”

Old Apr 28th 2019, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Pineapple100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Personal “Toys”

Well I need not have worried. Straight through customs.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 4:26 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal “Toys”

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
A local friend of mine worked in customs at DXB for a while. A surprising amount of their activity consisted in confiscating said articles from sheepish passengers though the customs officers generally seemed to handle it in reasonably good humour, at least as my friend reported it. Bags showing suspicious objects would be flagged on the x-ray in the main baggage hall and marked to be pulled over by the guards at the exit for further x-ray (you didn't think it was random?). It was mostly men, and they usually batted for our team. One middle-aged Swiss guy in particular had a hair-raising selection of implements and was quite miffed to have to surrender them. Alas for him, he didn't realise that my statuesque bear-loving friend (whose build could make that cheap blue polyester uniform look unbelievably good) would have been quite happy to substitute for the confiscated items with something live that would have made even that old queen's eyes water....
I took a fibre optic Xmas tree from UK to Riyadh a few years back. Took all labelling off but got pulled after the Xray. The guy asked me what it was and I replied it's a decorative tree.

He gets the Indian to unwrap it and then asks me if it's a Christmas tree. This was around the end of November. I said it wasn't. Anyway, he tells me never to bring anything like this into Saudi again, gets the Indian to pack it and seal it again and gives it back to me. I told him I only need one.

The trees available on compounds cost a fortune, and even with BA's excess baggage charge which was more than the tree cost, it was still cheaper than buying one in Riyadh.