British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   People who bring their babies into work to show everyone (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/people-who-bring-their-babies-into-work-show-everyone-691016/)

BangleMan Oct 26th 2010 6:56 am

People who bring their babies into work to show everyone

Why do people do this ?

F*** off, no one cares !

TGFKASE Oct 26th 2010 7:01 am

Re: People who bring their babies into work to show everyone

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 8942556)
Why do people do this ?

F*** off, no one cares !

Used to work in a bank branch in London which handled Jonathan Ross' Channel X business. Remember him thrusting his baby, Betty, at me as he needed to grab something from his briefcase...

Just thought I'd name drop....

K8-notlate Oct 26th 2010 7:44 am

Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but I don't understand this either - they always looked scared shitless, and some of the ugly ones I find quite repellant.

I would never inflict my child or my colleagues on one another, unless they asked to see it, then would arrange something out of the office.

Call me a coldm, heartless biyatch - but that's the was I see it.

BangleMan Oct 26th 2010 7:57 am

Originally Posted by K8-notlate (Post 8942617)
Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but I don't understand this either - they always looked scared shitless, and some of the ugly ones I find quite repellant.

I would never inflict my child or my colleagues on one another, unless they asked to see it, then would arrange something out of the office.

Call me a coldm, heartless biyatch - but that's the was I see it.

Your'e a cold, heartless biyatch !

K8-notlate Oct 26th 2010 7:59 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 8942640)
Your'e a cold, heartless biyatch !

Ha ha - my spelling is also atrocious

BangleMan Oct 26th 2010 8:01 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8942562)
Used to work in a bank branch in London which handled Jonathan Ross' Channel X business. Remember him thrusting his baby, Betty, at me as he needed to grab something from his briefcase...

Just thought I'd name drop....

If it had been his wife's tits that he had thrust at you, ....now that would have been impressive !

Norm_uk Oct 26th 2010 8:33 am

Blimey, some baby haters here. I love kids and am happy to have them around even at work (not regularly of course...unless they refer clients to me :)) - without kids we sort die out forever as a species making human effort ultimately pointless in the grand scheme of things ;)

N.

Millhouse Oct 26th 2010 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 8942703)
Blimey, some baby haters here. I love kids and am happy to have them around even at work (not regularly of course...unless they refer clients to me :)) - without kids we sort die out forever as a species making human effort ultimately pointless in the grand scheme of things ;)

N.

you can have mine at 5am every day if you like!

BangleMan Oct 26th 2010 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 8942703)

N.

I love my own kids, but fail to see the attraction of someone else's little bundle of joy being paraded around the workplace....

i-like-tea Oct 26th 2010 11:09 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 8942904)
I love my own kids, but fail to see the attraction of someone else's little bundle of joy being paraded around the workplace....

I do not like this habit too. if i have a child i will never show unless some ask me to see him.

BangleMan Oct 26th 2010 11:13 am

Originally Posted by i-like-tea (Post 8942944)
I do not like this habit too. if i have a child i will never show unless some ask me to see him.

And half the time I never know what the f** it is, and whether its a girl or a boy....some of them have looked like neither to be honest !

kittycat1 Oct 26th 2010 2:02 pm

I think its a ploy by the big bosses to see whos broody then they know not to promote those ones as they'll be going on maternity leave sooner rather than later!

Personally I don't get it- but then Im not clucky! the ammount of cooing and awwing in my office Im surprised they aren't all up the duff (although think a fair few are trying!)

I'd like to be able to get a dog and take that into work every day- would keep my feet warm under the desk :D it could also bite people when they piss me off! mwahahahaha

seven seas Oct 26th 2010 2:06 pm

picture- OK
real kid- not OK