British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   PC Dave Rathband (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/pc-dave-rathband-676950/)

commander Jul 16th 2010 4:31 pm

PC Dave Rathband

Im sure we all have seen the SKY interview.

What a bloody brave man. Poor sod.

I cant believe the mentality of people who actually think that steroid pumping murdering barsteward (raoul moat, not OJ simpson)is a hero or legend.

Im pissed that the police even negotiated with him..once located he should have been immediately dispatched.

Mind you that may have drove Gazza to drink:ohmy:

Does any sane person have a remote interest in seeing the Police get investigated over the stinger issue?

SDDep Jul 16th 2010 4:39 pm

Re: PC Dave Rathband

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8706411)

I cant believe the mentality of people who actually think that steroid pumping murdering barsteward (raoul moat, not OJ simpson)is a hero or legend.

Im pissed that the police even negotiated with him..once located he should have been immediately dispatched.

Does any sane person have a remote interest in seeing the Police get investigated over the stinger issue?

No certainly not...but this is the UK...shooting an armed man will result in a long investigation and every attempt will be made to blame the officers..nothing new there...

Next time, no matter how many have been shot or killed...lets give him a cup of tea..a hug..and send him on his merry way on probation with a social contract or whatever they are called...problem solved...

Madam Medusa Jul 16th 2010 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8706411)

agree...just can't understand these people who thought moat was the hero...

MM, xx

RubberMan Jul 16th 2010 4:41 pm

No, my sisters a copper in Northumberland and lives close to Rothbury. He should have been put down.

There is an anti-police vibe in some quarters in the UK, they cant do anything right, maybe if people came here they might appreciate the UK force a bit more.

SDDep Jul 16th 2010 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by RubberMan (Post 8706455)
No, my sisters a copper in Northumberland and lives close to Rothbury. He should have been put down.

There is an anti-police vibe in some quarters in the UK, they cant do anything right, maybe if people came here they might appreciate the UK force a bit more.

Where is here chuck? You are spot on mind you..and it isnt there fault...

Was it 1400 or 4000 pages of new instructions last year...and mountains of paperwork..not much real policing going to happen.

commander Jul 16th 2010 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by SDDep (Post 8706444)
lets give him a cup of tea..a hug..and send him on his merry way on probation with a social contract or whatever they are called...problem solved...

your referring to Gazza, right?

seriously, i am waiting for the enquiry and the police to get slated over this.

completely different circumstances but just like when the SAS killed those IRA in Gibraltar in the 80's. The fact that they actually ended up in court was comical (okay the were always going to get off) but it did set the scene for the way the country is going and as been proved with time.. gone.

RubberMan Jul 16th 2010 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by SDDep (Post 8706469)
Where is here chuck? You are spot on mind you..and it isnt there fault...

Was it 1400 or 4000 pages of new instructions last year...and mountains of paperwork..not much real policing going to happen.

The UAE.

SDDep Jul 16th 2010 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8706471)
your referring to Gazza, right?

seriously, i am waiting for the enquiry and the police to get slated over this.

completely different circumstances but just like when the SAS killed those IRA in Gibraltar in the 80's. The fact that they actually ended up in court was comical (okay the were always going to get off) but it did set the scene for the way the country is going and as been proved with time.. gone.

Nope, I was being sarcastic about what some people would suggest should've happened to the Moat Prick..

And it isnt that different with the SAS...it was ridiculous...and yes it did set a bad precedent...

commander Jul 16th 2010 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8706451)
agree...just can't understand these people who thought moat was the hero...

MM, xx

yea, i dont mind admitting welling up when PC Rathband said that he was alive but he will never see his daughter walk up the isle or his son graduate..

makes the blood boil..

i mean, nobody from the North East have degree's do they?

RubberMan Jul 16th 2010 4:56 pm

I blame the UK media constantly speculating and blaming people who make life and death decisions when they get it wrong when all they contribute is tomorrows fish and chip wrappers*

*Note - I know newspapers are no longer allowed to be used as chip papers under EU Regulation 43, Draft IV, Version 2, Subset 12, Paragraph 2.

SDDep Jul 16th 2010 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by RubberMan (Post 8706487)
The UAE.

fair enough..:)

RubberMan Jul 16th 2010 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8706492)
yea, i dont mind admitting welling up when PC Rathband said that he was alive but he will never see his daughter walk up the isle or his son graduate..

makes the blood boil..

i mean, nobody from the North East have degree's do they?

Dont believe the media's portrayal of public reaction. It will be sensationalised and not typical of the average person.

SDDep Jul 16th 2010 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by RubberMan (Post 8706495)
I blame the UK media constantly speculating and blaming people who make life and death decisions when they get it wrong when all they contribute is tomorrows fish and chip wrappers*

*Note - I know newspapers are no longer allowed to be used as chip papers under EU Regulation 43, Draft IV, Version 2, Subset 12, Paragraph 2.

Can they still be used as their primary function though? bum wipes?

commander Jul 16th 2010 5:02 pm

going back to SKY news, i actually agreed with George 'indefatigable' Galloway for once

RubberMan Jul 16th 2010 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by SDDep (Post 8706506)
Can they still be used as their primary function though? bum wipes?

Yes, but you get a spotty arse.