British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Passports (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/passports-761617/)

Bahtatboy Jun 13th 2012 1:19 pm

Passports

Right, pay attention, this isn't easy to explain.

Previously the passport in which I had my UAE visa (passport 1) had expired, and was replaced by a new passport (passport 2). Passport 1 had its corners clipped by the Passport Office when it was returned to me with passport 2; it was also removed from the Passport Database (operated by the Passport Office).

Passports 1 and 2 were stapled together, and it was that combination I used to enter and exit UAE (and elsewhere).

The UAE visa in passport 1 has expired, and I have a new visa in passport 2. So passport 2 alone will now suffice. However, passport 2 has only a couple of pages left, and despite the best laid plans I'm not going to have time to renew it (I'm currently in UK).

I have a "second" passport (passport 3). I intend to clip the corners of passport 2, attach it to passport 3, and use them together in the same way that I did passports 1 and 2.

I've checked this with the Passport Office: they confirm that it isn't illegal, although it might be considered fraudulent by the UAE authorities. My options are:
1 To do as above, and run a very slight risk
2 Get passport 2 officially cancelled by the Passport Office
3 Get a new passport on the basis of passport 2.

I don't have time to do anything other than option 1.

Any views or experiences?

Cheers :D

busybee2 Jun 13th 2012 1:31 pm

Re: Passports

i dont think that you will have a problem, as long as you have a valid passport and a valid visa, yes they can be in different passports, the issue is that obviously you have to have special consideration to get a second passport, i would go to the visa section in the brit embassy here and ask them to clip your corners for you

Oyibopeppeh Jun 13th 2012 1:35 pm

I've never had any issues using 2 passports entering any GCC country (i.e. getting the stamp in the empty passport without the UAE visa). I was delayed once for 20 mins once in Bahrain while they had a conflab but soon sent on my way.

mentalist Jun 13th 2012 3:28 pm

Why is passport 3 illegal? If passport 2 is full then surely you can utilise the other passport?

Millhouse Jun 13th 2012 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10116650)
Right, pay attention, this isn't easy to explain.

Previously the passport in which I had my UAE visa (passport 1) had expired, and was replaced by a new passport (passport 2). Passport 1 had its corners clipped by the Passport Office when it was returned to me with passport 2; it was also removed from the Passport Database (operated by the Passport Office).

Passports 1 and 2 were stapled together, and it was that combination I used to enter and exit UAE (and elsewhere).

The UAE visa in passport 1 has expired, and I have a new visa in passport 2. So passport 2 alone will now suffice. However, passport 2 has only a couple of pages left, and despite the best laid plans I'm not going to have time to renew it (I'm currently in UK).

I have a "second" passport (passport 3). I intend to clip the corners of passport 2, attach it to passport 3, and use them together in the same way that I did passports 1 and 2.

I've checked this with the Passport Office: they confirm that it isn't illegal, although it might be considered fraudulent by the UAE authorities. My options are:
1 To do as above, and run a very slight risk
2 Get passport 2 officially cancelled by the Passport Office
3 Get a new passport on the basis of passport 2.

I don't have time to do anything other than option 1.

Any views or experiences?

Cheers :D

My mate used to stable 3 passports together. It's no problem.

Get an egate - saves the pages massively.

Eva Jun 13th 2012 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10117524)
My mate used to stable 3 passports together. It's no problem.

Rossinante,(Hi Ho)Silver and ...Eyore:)?
x

Millhouse Jun 13th 2012 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 10117548)
Rossinante,(Hi Ho)Silver and ...Eyore:)?
x

I've become arabic and started using 'b's for 'p's

Eva Jun 13th 2012 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10117550)
I've become arabic and started using 'b's for 'p's

Dropped capitals too?

Whatever, hobe it all works out.
Just a pit of light panter, you are tonic and a prick anyways.
x

Millhouse Jun 13th 2012 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 10117558)
Dropped capitals too?

Whatever, hobe it all works out.
Just a pit of light panter, you are tonic and a prick anyways.
x

I still think I love you despite the fact I have never understood any post you have ever done. x