Parisians rude? Never!

Old Jun 7th 2011, 12:48 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parisians rude? Never!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6197921.stm

Poor things.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:05 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parisians rude? Never!

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Is that the Japanese with a bit of Paris syndrome?

If so, hilarious, one of the funniest articles the BBC have done in a long time.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:42 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

And this is precisely why the French must be attacked and eliminated...I suggest we divide the country 50/50 between us and the Germans. That should piss off the rest of Europe immensely

N.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:14 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Got to admit I like the French.
Never afraid to say what they mean either individually or as a nation regardless of who or how many they upset, a rarity these days but an admirable traits add that to the fact that they wind the English up to an unfathomable degree and I have to say I'm quite fond of the rude bastards even if their food is over rated and wine over priced
Old Jun 7th 2011, 3:20 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
Got to admit I like the French.
Never afraid to say what they mean either individually or as a nation regardless of who or how many they upset, a rarity these days but an admirable traits add that to the fact that they wind the English up to an unfathomable degree and I have to say I'm quite fond of the rude bastards even if their food is over rated and wine over priced
Fair point....except they are all inherently racist, just crossing the line of being blunt / being a bigot.

But did you know, if you pulled down enough houses, flats, offices and the like....you'd have enough rubble to build a 10ft high wall around France.

Always quite liked that idea.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 3:37 pm
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Fair point....except they are all inherently racist, just crossing the line of being blunt / being a bigot.

But did you know, if you pulled down enough houses, flats, offices and the like....you'd have enough rubble to build a 10ft high wall around France.

Always quite liked that idea.
We used to go to day trips to Wimereux. Like much of France it is very pleasant (apart from the fact that its running alive with the French). But, the best thing about Wimereux is the view when you look out at the sea: The White Cliffs of Dover.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 5:51 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

[tries to pull a straight face] nope, I'm 'ing again!

I used to live in France - in the Loire Valley - and people were very nice in general, as long as you didn't rub their noses in the fact we owned the Loire Valley a few hundred years ago (well, 700). My favourite was always being blamed for Joan of Arc and being able to retort "yup, but you guys sold her to us!" with a raised eyebrow.

Nah, anyway, the big secret to being treated politely by French people is to a/ show an interest in their culture and b/ not expect them to pander to yours. Fair do, imo.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 4:57 am
WWLLCJD?

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty View Post

I used to live in France - in the Loire Valley - and people were very nice in general, as long as you didn't rub their noses in the fact we owned the Loire Valley a few hundred years ago (well, 700). My favourite was always being blamed for Joan of Arc and being able to retort "yup, but you guys sold her to us!" with a raised eyebrow.

Nah, anyway, the big secret to being treated politely by French people is to a/ show an interest in their culture and b/ not expect them to pander to yours. Fair do, imo.
That's not fair at all!

OK, i'm going to listen to Pierre tell me about the bastille, the days of beheading, vive la revolution, the art / love / fancy sides of Paris...but not to expect to be able to talk about our culture?

Bloody French.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the Japanese with a bit of Paris syndrome?

Got a Jap friend who says the French are velly lewd!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:26 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

That's not fair at all!

OK, i'm going to listen to Pierre tell me about the bastille, the days of beheading, vive la revolution, the art / love / fancy sides of Paris...but not to expect to be able to talk about our culture?

Bloody French.
talk, yes, but not rant about cheese-eating surrender monkeys in a drunken slur and expect them to speak fluent English when you have trouble with anything more than asking for a coffee in French.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:40 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

When I did my school language-exchange trip to stay with a French family, I was ribbed about a French woman defeating us at Orleans...that was until I pointed out that we (the Scots) were on their side in the battle against the English !
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:43 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to refute just about any French claim for superiority then read Stephen Clarke's 1,000 Years of Annoying the French. It's most enlightening and entertaining.

PS. I really like France and have never had an issue personally with the French, but it's still nice to poke fun at them.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:47 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

talk, yes, but not rant about cheese-eating surrender monkeys in a drunken slur and expect them to speak fluent English when you have trouble with anything more than asking for a coffee in French.
You missed out onion-chomping.

One of nicest places I've been on holiday was Burgundy (boating holiday). The French, without doubt, make the best bread and pastries.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:51 am
WWLLCJD?

Originally Posted by NorthernLad View Post
You missed out onion-chomping.

One of nicest places I've been on holiday was Burgundy (boating holiday). The French, without doubt, make the best bread and pastries.
Annoying isn't it. Their wine also happens to be the best.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:13 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares View Post
Got a Jap friend who says the French are velly lewd!
There's no "L" in Japanese....your friend might have been Chinese or Korean

I wonder if he was "ronery" while he was there...

N.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.