paralympics..

Old Aug 30th 2012, 8:52 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default paralympics..

Not watched any of it yet. Looking forward to catching up on it when home next week. I do note in the times page 12 top left photo, the CPO in the front right carrying the Union Flag is my bestest oldest Navy mate. Really chuffed to see him doing this. Looks like he's even polished his shoes for the occassion.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: paralympics..

Originally Posted by commander View Post
the CPO in the front right carrying the Union Flag is my bestest oldest Navy mate.
Putting the Para in Paralympics *obvious play on words and putting aside the distinct difference between parachute regiment and navy*
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:05 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Should be good. Going to try and watch as much of it as possible because it's jaw-dropping how good these athletes are.

I banged my leg on the bath getting out the shower this morning and have moaned about it all day.

Going to feel like a right **** when I see someone with no legs run quicker than I could.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:06 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares View Post
Putting the Para in Paralympics *obvious play on words and putting aside the distinct difference between parachute regiment and navy*
Very good! He's a nuclear submariner so I guess the polar opposite from a Parachute regiment soldier
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:09 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Very good! He's a nuclear submariner so I guess the polar opposite from a Parachute regiment soldier
Technically, both float...
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:11 am
banned

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Should be good. Going to try and watch as much of it as possible because it's jaw-dropping how good these athletes are.

I banged my leg on the bath getting out the shower this morning and have moaned about it all day.

Going to feel like a right **** when I see someone with no legs run quicker than I could.
Agree, triumph over adversity.

Someone I know from my home town lost both his legs in an IED incident while serving in Afghan with 45Cdo Royal Marines. Since then he downhill ski's,snowboards, swims etc. The man is a total inspiration to everyone and especially his 2 young kids.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:21 am
WWLLCJD?

Someone I know from my home town lost both his legs in an IED incident while serving in Afghan with 45Cdo Royal Marines. Since then he downhill ski's,snowboards, swims etc. The man is a total inspiration to everyone and especially his 2 young kids.
I was lucky enough to go to Twickenham for LD's Help for Heroes match.

My Sister's mate from Sandhurst has a charity called Toe in the Water which gets amputee servicemen/women into competitive sailing racing.

The blokes were all inspirational and completely ****ing mental. I decided to leave the Cabbage Patch just after one of them made me down a drink from the inside dent of his prosthetic leg.

(the best bit is that in the races the week before they came 7th or 8th out of 40 odd fully able bodied crew. Most of them race without their false limbs and there are only two full able bodied crew members out of about 10).
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:32 am
banned

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I was lucky enough to go to Twickenham for LD's Help for Heroes match.

My Sister's mate from Sandhurst has a charity called Toe in the Water which gets amputee servicemen/women into competitive sailing racing.

The blokes were all inspirational and completely ****ing mental. I decided to leave the Cabbage Patch just after one of them made me down a drink from the inside dent of his prosthetic leg.

(the best bit is that in the races the week before they came 7th or 8th out of 40 odd fully able bodied crew. Most of them race without their false limbs and there are only two full able bodied crew members out of about 10).
Fantastic stuff. Unfortunately and not for this thread, there is just too many young men in this situation..
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Not watched any of it yet. Looking forward to catching up on it when home next week. I do note in the times page 12 top left photo, the CPO in the front right carrying the Union Flag is my bestest oldest Navy mate. Really chuffed to see him doing this. Looks like he's even polished his shoes for the occassion.
Watching it now.....the swimmers with no arms were fantastic!
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Is his name Joe Townsend? This guy zip wired the flame into the stadium. About halfway down the page.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:31 am
WWLLCJD?

Fantastic stuff. Unfortunately and not for this thread, there is just too many young men in this situation..
Hmm, too true.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not happy with Oscar Pistorius though............... if he competes in the Paralympics and the main Olympics, the Paralympics merely becomes a second-rate tournament for those not good enough for the main event.

Oscar - either you are or you aren't.............
Old Aug 31st 2012, 9:06 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
I'm not happy with Oscar Pistorius though............... if he competes in the Paralympics and the main Olympics, the Paralympics merely becomes a second-rate tournament for those not good enough for the main event.

Oscar - either you are or you aren't.............
Hear hear.

On a side note I want to see an Olympics for people who take loads of drugs - just to see if it's really any different.

N.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 10:01 pm