Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Pancake Day / Shrove Tuesday

Pancake Day / Shrove Tuesday

Old Feb 12th 2013, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pancake Day / Shrove Tuesday

Originally Posted by Scamp
"What do you mean you've got to pay for parking? It's ****ing freezing, where's the car?"
Seems like a reasonable response....
Old Feb 12th 2013, 11:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Seems like a reasonable response....
She didn't think so. I may be 24 and 11/12th's but Mums can still make you feel pretty small when they want
Old Feb 12th 2013, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

She didn't think so. I may be 24 and 11/12th's but Mums can still make you feel pretty small when they want
No, I can see how it might not be the ideal response...
Old Feb 12th 2013, 11:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

No, I can see how it might not be the ideal response...
A bit touchy, but old age does that I suppose.

NB: I am joking for those who may think otherwise.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:01 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry. At 42 and a half, I still get made to feel like a stupid boy by my mother at times.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Don't worry. At 42 and a half, I still get made to feel like a stupid boy by my mother at times.
I want to know at what age can you turn the tables and start bossing them about.

Chucking in threats of retirement homes and stuff like that.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:29 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the link but that had to be the most useless circular set of definitions I've ever encountered:

- a past tense of shrive
- the first day of Shrovetide
- the last day of Shrovetide, when people traditionally eat pancakes
- the three days before Ash Wednesday

Still no more enlightened though I have a new Scrabble word.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:31 pm

Short Stove.

They were invented by leprechauns who, when hungry, emptied their big heavy pots of all the gold and put some wood and charcoal in, covered with a cut out side of a Tesco trolley and used to cook pancakes (leprechauns love pancakes).

Shrove.
Better not mess with the leprachauns. Don't say you weren't warned.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:43 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I want to know at what age can you turn the tables and start bossing them about.

Chucking in threats of retirement homes and stuff like that.
When their marbles start to go, but then the bossing mellows to caring.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
When their marbles start to go, but then the bossing mellows to caring.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Thanks for the link but that had to be the most useless circular set of definitions I've ever encountered:

- a past tense of shrive
- the first day of Shrovetide
- the last day of Shrovetide, when people traditionally eat pancakes
- the three days before Ash Wednesday

Still no more enlightened though I have a new Scrabble word.
You're supposed to confess your sins and be given penanance and absolution - shriven - before the start of Lent.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Cypselos
You're supposed to confess your sins and be given penanance and absolution - shriven - before the start of Lent.
Thanks, though I reckon I've been shriven for years.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 4:49 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

You're forgiven, now have a pancake.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
You're forgiven, now have a pancake.
Is that the penance? I think I'd take the four Hail Marys, three Our Fathers and a decade of the Rosary instead please Father...
Old Feb 12th 2013, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Better not mess with the leprachauns. Don't say you weren't warned.
Go on...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.