Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The palava of putting up a curtain rail!

The palava of putting up a curtain rail!

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 5:10 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The palava of putting up a curtain rail!

Originally Posted by Meow
You expect professional investment advice for free???

-
Well - I give mine for free - because mine's worthless!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 10:08 am
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Meow
WTF are you on about? Still miffed as I didn't accept you FB request? We have never met...

-
I was wondering about the fact that you didn't blunder about it yet and here you go.
YES! My life is a wreck without your friendship! Poor me poor me! I'll have to open another Vintage Tunina to try to cheer meself up...

"We have never met..." true, and we never will (I do live in a better place than you do, you know) but we have friends in common, which confirmed me that you are kinda sloppy, but all in all not too bad of a person, or of a financial planner.

I'm sure you just need some more slapping and you'll just be a very, very nice one, no "WTF-ing" or buying tools where is just stupid to do so! Waxon! Waxoff!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 10:10 am
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bijilo123
Well - I give mine for free - because mine's worthless!
Gosh Meow, competition reached your segment!
Old Mar 13th 2010, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all,

I've just had my curtain rail and light fittings put up- opted for Jim'll fix it in the end as had to get a sparky to do the lights anyway! I know they are a bit more expensive but they did a really great job and I would strongly recommend them!

Thanks for the recommendation!

xxx
Old Mar 14th 2010, 5:44 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hey all,

I've just had my curtain rail and light fittings put up- opted for Jim'll fix it in the end as had to get a sparky to do the lights anyway! I know they are a bit more expensive but they did a really great job and I would strongly recommend them!

Thanks for the recommendation!

xxx
Jim'll fix it for you...and you and you and YOUUUUUUU.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 7:38 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Jim'll fix it for you...and you and you and YOUUUUUUU.
Now then....now then...
Old Mar 14th 2010, 8:00 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Now then....now then...
How's about that then...

Old Mar 14th 2010, 8:35 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Pavlova

This is a delicious pudding from Australia, which is very difficult to make if you don't have the right recipe but dead easy if you do! Served with sharp fruits to counteract the sweetness of the meringue, it is truly one of the greats. Of course, this can be made with just one kind of fruit – for instance, strawberries. In the winter, sliced bananas and chopped preserved ginger, or slices of fresh mango with passion fruit are good.

Serves 6
Ingredients
3 large fresh egg whites
6 oz (175 g) caster sugar
For the topping:
10 fl oz (275 ml) whipping or double cream, whipped
12 oz (350 g) prepared mixed soft fruits, such as raspberries, strawberries and redcurrants
a little icing sugar
Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 2, 300°F (150°C)

Place the egg whites in a large clean bowl and have the sugar measured and ready. Now whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks and you can turn the bowl upside down without them sliding out (it's very important, though, not to over-whisk the egg whites because, if you do, they will start to collapse).

When they're ready, start to whisk in the sugar, approximately 1 oz (25 g) at a time, whisking after each addition until all the sugar is in. Now take a metal tablespoon and spoon the meringue mixture on to the prepared baking sheet, forming a circle about 8 inches (20 cm) in diameter.

Then spoon round blobs next to each other so that they join up to form a circle all around the edge. Now, using the tip of a skewer, make little swirls in the meringue all round the edge, lifting the skewer up sharply each time to leave tiny peaks. Now place the baking sheet in the oven, then immediately turn down the heat to gas mark 1, 275°F (140°C) and leave it to cook for 1 hour.

Then turn the heat right off but leave the Pavlova inside the oven until it's completely cold. I always find it's best to make a Pavlova in the evening and leave it in the turned-off oven overnight to dry out. It's my belief that the secret of successful meringues of any sort is to let them dry out completely, which is what this method does perfectly. To serve the Pavlova, lift it from the baking sheet, peel off the paper and place it on a serving dish. Then just before serving, spread the whipped cream on top, arrange the fruit on top of the cream and dust with a little sifted icing sugar. Serve cut into wedges.

Sorry, did I miss the point?
Old Mar 14th 2010, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 14th 2010, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Pavlova

This is a delicious pudding from Australia,

It's from NZ.