Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The palava of putting up a curtain rail!

The palava of putting up a curtain rail!

Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The palava of putting up a curtain rail!

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Oh, I see... Ive not seen them here in the wild south.

So do you actually get a brit come out and do the odd job? must cost a fortune!
nope an Asian but the service is good and when you ring you speak to a Brit, huge plus
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

So you phone Jim but Jamal fixes it?
Old Feb 21st 2010, 11:47 am
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Ta- I will go tonight!
Speedex. Cheaper than ACE, way more professional.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 11:50 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrecoRomano
Speedex. Cheaper than ACE, way more professional.
What is Speedex please? Sounds like something made of lycra.

-
Old Feb 21st 2010, 12:07 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

-
Further down the road from Ace towards Dubai, turn right at the Oasis and Speedex is on the left. MUCH cheaper than Ace and way more choice for most things.

Not as "retail" but certainly a better place to buy tools etc.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 4:03 pm
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of

-
Lol, how long have you been in Dubai?
Old Feb 21st 2010, 4:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Roadking
Further down the road from Ace towards Dubai, turn right at the Oasis and Speedex is on the left. MUCH cheaper than Ace and way more choice for most things.

Not as "retail" but certainly a better place to buy tools etc.
Exactamundo! Bravo Rk, Jumeirah Janes ALWAYS fall for ACE, a nice little quail egg on top of the mountain of money of Mr. Al-Futtaim...

Should you be able to find it, buy a Protool drill, better than Makita, the only one to give 3 years warranty covering even the lithium batteries.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Exactamundo! Bravo Rk, Jumeirah Janes ALWAYS fall for ACE, a nice little quail egg on top of the mountain of money of Mr. Al-Futtaim...

Should you be able to find it, buy a Protool drill, better than Makita, the only one to give 3 years warranty covering even the lithium batteries.
err...no they don't, jumeirah janes always pay someone to do it, we don't even know what ace is, let alone speedy place...

MM, xx
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:36 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
err...no they don't, jumeirah janes always pay someone to do it, we don't even know what ace is, let alone speedy place...

MM, xx
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:24 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, how long have you been in Dubai?
Why should I know what Speedex is? I own all the tools I need.

-
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 10:02 am
Banned

Why should I know what Speedex is? I own all the tools I need.

-
And you paid a fair amount to have them, factoring in your "financial planning" ability. I am afraid I'll have to LOL.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 10:03 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
That's what keeps the economy going! Not to mention skim off of the JJs a tiny winy little bit of that excess spending power they got for no good reason given and acting like a sort of social justice
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:16 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly, but certainly ACE hardware will. Invest in a decent hammer drill and bits and it should last you 20 years.

-
So we've finally got some investment advice out of you!!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 4:25 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Bijilo123
So we've finally got some investment advice out of you!!
You expect professional investment advice for free???

-
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 4:26 am
Bored liberal

And you paid a fair amount to have them, factoring in your "financial planning" ability. I am afraid I'll have to LOL.
WTF are you on about? Still miffed as I didn't accept you FB request? We have never met...

-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.