paid VPN service vs. free vpn extension

paid VPN service vs. free vpn extension

Old Jun 8th 2015, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

sandia911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default paid VPN service vs. free vpn extension

Hi all,

I'm moving to Saudi Arabia to work.

I need to surf the internet for personal use at home every night using my laptop. I don't have other connected devices.

Areas most important to me: Extensive tabbed browsing, youtube videos and skype-skype with webcam. Also downloading (torrent).

My question is should I purchase a VPN service such as:

CyberGhost, AirVPN, PureVpn, ExpressVPN, StrongVPN, HidemyAss

Or go with the free Chrome extensions:

DotVPN, FreeMyBrowser, GomVPN, UltraSurf, Zenmate, etc..

Another question I had is If I choose the route of buying a VPN service over the free extensions, which company provides the best connection in Saudi Arabia? Cheers.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 5:34 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: paid VPN service vs. free vpn extension

Originally Posted by sandia911
Hi all,

I need to surf the internet for personal use at home every night using my laptop. I don't have other connected devices.

Areas most important to me: Extensive tabbed browsing, youtube videos and skype-skype with webcam. Also downloading (torrent).

Another question I had is If I choose the route of buying a VPN service over the free extensions, which company provides the best connection in Saudi Arabia? Cheers.
Do you want to increase the chance of the regulators blocking any other VPN providers or are you done?

Honestly the benefit of paid over free is speed and available locations. For example if you want to use BBC iPlayer you need a UK based VPN and speed will be critical unless you love buffering.

It's only around $10 a month. Pony up the dosh.

All the things you mentioned are available without VPN by the way. Even in Saudi. I know of one public torrent site which is blocked and that is only because the url contains the word ASS

Last edited by norsk; Jun 8th 2015 at 5:36 am.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Haha. sorry I didn't realize the names were sensitive.

Are you saying i can view any youtube video I like in Saudi without a VPN?
Old Jun 8th 2015, 6:08 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Haha. sorry I didn't realize the names were sensitive.

Are you saying i can view any youtube video I like in Saudi without a VPN?
not sensitive as such, but why tempt fate? this is a public website (shows up in google etc) after all.

yes you can. there are no blocks on youtube that I am aware of
Old Jun 8th 2015, 6:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

The fourth you've mentioned (paid) I have and is very good.

Now go back, edit your post and remove the names.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 6:53 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by Scamp
The fourth you've mentioned (paid) I have and is very good.

Now go back, edit your post and remove the names.
I have one that is not mentioned so no worries..
Old Jun 8th 2015, 7:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by norsk
I have one that is not mentioned so no worries..
It doesn't really matter, because I've got it. It's just when I bought new laptop I couldn't get on their site to download again. Took ages to figure a workaround.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 10:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by micjustin33
I would not suggest to use free VPN in Saudi Arabia, it will easily be traced and you will be blocked to access any website. Paid VPN is good option Ex------PN is best but bit expensive if you can pay for e----pn then I would recommend it otherwise you can check out details of I-----sh and Pu----- that have good protocols and support [URL="t[/URL].
keep it secret otherwise it will get blocked soon
Edit your post to remove the names......
Old Jun 11th 2015, 11:30 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

CyberGhost, AirVPN, PureVpn, ExpressVPN, StrongVPN, HidemyAss

DotVPN, FreeMyBrowser, GomVPN, UltraSurf, Zenmate, etc..

I use the third one and have had no issues whatsoever. Quite a bit cheaper than no.4
Old Jun 11th 2015, 11:47 am
Account Closed

why you are saying this to everyone?
Because when someone tries to sign up to one, it may be blocked.

It sounds a little bit Big Brother but I can imagine Expat Forums are a good source of information for websites that authorities in different places may wish to ban.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

and...............CG went down yesterday after this thread came on the governments radar. Coincidence? If so, thanks Sandia911 [/s]
Old Jun 11th 2015, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Im sorry I don't know how to edit the post. Also, if it's so important why doesn't the moderator remove it?
Old Jun 11th 2015, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

I ended up going with IPA, it was not on the list, but it was cheap ($40/year).
Old Jun 12th 2015, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

I ended up going with IPA, it was not on the list, but it was cheap ($40/year).
Well, it's on the government's list now you've mentioned it by acronym.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

I find it hard to believe the "government" doesn't know this information already. Do you really think they make decisions based on what acronyms are posted on this or any other forum? If the moderator wants he can delete the post. Obviously, it's not that important.

Also, if you advise me how to edit or delete the post, I will do it myself. But, really I doubt it works like the way you implied.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.