Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Paging Patsy Stoned, please.....

Paging Patsy Stoned, please.....

Old Jan 31st 2011, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of
Default Paging Patsy Stoned, please.....

Hi all,

I'm hoping for some ideas on very good restaurants for my up coming wedding reception. I have aimed this mainly at Patsy because I am well aware she loves good quality food and service (rightly so too!) but I am of course open to suggestions from everyone! The wedding party will only be close family so 10-12 people to seat.

I don't want to work off price so please just suggest places that will make our day memorable for the right reasons!! If its expensive but very good then no problem. I dont want to pay out a large amount and then end up wishing I'd gone to Spice Island instead

Thanks in advance everyone
Old Jan 31st 2011, 2:44 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paging Patsy Stoned, please.....

If I was getting married here, I would have Le Classique at Emirates Golf club (if the renovations are finished)
Old Jan 31st 2011, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
If I was getting married here, I would have Le Classique at Emirates Golf club (if the renovations are finished)
They are! And I am going for lunch there on Friday to take a look so thank you!

Please, any more suggestions people?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think the food at le classique is that great, and i found it very stuffy and formal...

jumeirah beach hotel have a beach villa that is used for weddings/private functions and is meant to be fabulous, though haven't seen it myself...if you want amazing food in a beautiful setting, then pierre gagnaire's reflets is THE best restaurant in dubai and would be perfect for a small wedding party...

ohh, and the new one and only on the palm is meant to be amazing too, so maybe worth checking out...

MM, xx
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Avarice is on a distinguished road

hatta fort hotel is gorgeous, might be a good place for a reception would definatley make some good pictures, ill be having a reception somewhere here too
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Hatta Fort is a bit far out of Dubai for me really but thank you.

EauZone at The one and only looks lovely!! I've mailed them for their menu and pricing now and if favourable I will go there on weekend as well I don't want stuffy and pompous so might sack the Golf club if that's what it's like. I'm a down to Earth guy who just wants a nice day
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
Hatta Fort is a bit far out of Dubai for me really but thank you.

EauZone at The one and only looks lovely!! I've mailed them for their menu and pricing now and if favourable I will go there on weekend as well I don't want stuffy and pompous so might sack the Golf club if that's what it's like. I'm a down to Earth guy who just wants a nice day
eauzone is lovely, and there's the beach bar and grill there too which is nice...but defo check out the new one on the palm...

MM, xx
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
eauzone is lovely, and there's the beach bar and grill there too which is nice...but defo check out the new one on the palm...

MM, xx
Ah, sorry! I did a search for one and only and it only came up with the Royal Mirage. I will look again now
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Avarice is on a distinguished road

how about somewhere in or near the burj khalifa that would make greeeeat piccys, tres exspensive however
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Avarice
how about somewhere in or near the burj khalifa that would make greeeeat piccys, tres exspensive however
I did consider Ewaan as I had a pool side works do there once and was amazing. I need to take my better half around all these places and let her choose
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah, sorry! I did a search for one and only and it only came up with the Royal Mirage. I will look again now
here you go... http://thepalm.oneandonlyresorts.com/
Originally Posted by Avarice
oh yeah, good idea, there's the new restaurant at.mosphere
http://www.atmosphereburjkhalifa.com/

MM, xx
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

here you go... http://thepalm.oneandonlyresorts.com/

oh yeah, good idea, there's the new restaurant at.mosphere
http://www.atmosphereburjkhalifa.com/

MM, xx
Yeah, thanks. I re-searched and am now considered 101 as well I think the Al Fresco experience is hard to beat out here, when it's cool enough to enjoy of course First week of April, comfortable outside would you say?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, thanks. I re-searched and am now considered 101 as well I think the Al Fresco experience is hard to beat out here, when it's cool enough to enjoy of course First week of April, comfortable outside would you say?
I went to Meow's wedding and she won't mind me telling you that it was at the Majlis at Emirates Golf Club, outside right in the middle of the golf course with Palm Trees, it was truly beautiful. (evening reception), the food was absolutely fabulous
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I went to Meow's wedding and she won't mind me telling you that it was at the Majlis at Emirates Golf Club, outside right in the middle of the golf course with Palm Trees, it was truly beautiful. (evening reception), the food was absolutely fabulous
yeah, but this is a small wedding for 10-12 people...it's a different type of event...

MM, xx
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:25 am
Concierge

yeah, but this is a small wedding for 10-12 people...it's a different type of event...

MM, xx
it would work, they don't have a restriction on numbers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.