British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Paddy & Murphy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/paddy-murphy-596153/)

Bison Mar 8th 2009 11:21 am

Paddy & Murphy

So Paddy & Murphy were out at sea on a scuba diving trip when Murphy turns to Paddy and says: "Paddy, why do these guys dive off the boat backwards"? Paddy turned to Murphy and replied "Murphy, ye bloody eediot, if they dived forwards, they'd still be on da boat, so they would"

Bison

lionheart Mar 8th 2009 11:29 am

Re: Paddy & Murphy

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7356540)
So Paddy & Murphy were out at sea on a scuba diving trip when Murphy turns to Paddy and says: "Paddy, why do these guys dive off the boat backwards"? Paddy turned to Murphy and replied "Murphy, ye bloody eediot, if they dived forwards, they'd still be on da boat, so they would"

Bison

When I heard the same joke, it was about two Leeds Utd fans...honest to God! Given today's awful news from County Antrim I personally don't think any Irish jokes are called for.

Blue Cat Mar 8th 2009 11:36 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7356551)
When I heard the same joke, it was about two Leeds Utd fans...honest to God! Given today's awful news from County Antrim I personally don't think any Irish jokes are called for.

what news?

lionheart Mar 8th 2009 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7356568)
what news?

Gunmen opened fire on British soldiers being delivered pizza outside a barracks. Six people shot (including the pizza guy) and two killed...bastards.

Bison Mar 8th 2009 11:47 am

Get over it will ya, I ain't even seen the news.... my joke is nothing to do with the news anyway.

Spugsy Mar 8th 2009 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7356593)
Get over it will ya, I ain't even seen the news.... my joke is nothing to do with the news anyway.

true lionheart, they aren't linked in the slightest.

lionheart Mar 8th 2009 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7356593)

Yes I appreciate that but your joke is offensive to the Irish. As for you Spugsy, shame on you.

Spugsy Mar 8th 2009 11:57 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7356609)
Yes I appreciate that but your joke is offensive to the Irish. As for you Spugsy, shame on you.

and anyway, they were killed in northern ireland, paddy and murphy are southern irish, 2 seperate countries.

Bison Mar 8th 2009 11:59 am

It's a joke, get over it already!

If an Irish person takes offense to that then they have there own issues and no sense of humour at all.

Everyone has jokes about them, it's a bit of fun, if you take it seriously and it offends you then that's your problem, I can take a joke about me, I'm not an over sensitive wuss...

Pah!

Blue Cat Mar 8th 2009 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7356609)

there would be no jokes fullstop if we stopped using nationalities though would there?

MacScot Mar 8th 2009 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7356627)
I can take a joke about me, I'm not an over sensitive wuss...

..even when you're raped by a moose ? :rofl:

http://www.bay-of-fundie.com/img/2008/moose-bison.jpg

Fairydust Mar 8th 2009 5:50 pm

lmfao def karma worthy that one

Nic1 Mar 8th 2009 6:04 pm

Is that the Bison with the blue balls ?

N

Eva Mar 8th 2009 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Nic1 (Post 7357285)
Is that the Bison with the blue balls ?

N

singing 'Rawhide'

Norm_uk Mar 8th 2009 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7356622)
and anyway, they were killed in northern ireland, paddy and murphy are southern irish, 2 seperate countries.

One country with the northern part occupied by the British Government actually...

N.