British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Overused / irritating words,phrases (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/overused-irritating-words-phrases-897955/)

Scamp Jul 3rd 2017 8:28 am

Re: Overused / irritating words,phrases

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12285598)
Blah blah....

Its traditional for the generation before to moan and dislike the one after. Your parents probably said the same about you etc. This is a pattern that'll go on for ever.

As annoying as the next generation are, the one before me is pretty poor. Life's been far too kind for so many.

jam25mack Jul 3rd 2017 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile (Post 12285620)
Well I am keeping up the tradition and giving you something to bitch about (saves you trolling other posters), as if you need an excuse!

So because I disagree with you (and others) I am bitching and a troll.... OK then.

jam25mack Jul 3rd 2017 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12285623)
As annoying as the next generation are, the one before me is pretty poor. Life's been far too kind for so many.

I agree with this. They had the world on a plate after WW2 and did pretty much bugger all with it.

Miss Ann Thrope Jul 4th 2017 8:22 pm

Misogynistic bullying trolls on BE

Pulaski Jul 4th 2017 9:31 pm

Adding ".... Just kidding!" to what you just said doesn't make it funny, it makes it irritating. :thumbdown:

Dubaiexile Jul 5th 2017 4:36 am

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope (Post 12286839)
Misogynistic bullying trolls on BE

:goodpost:

And we all know who they are!!

ExpatAl Jul 5th 2017 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 12285521)
Not a phrase or word but an imagery : people (young to middle-age) throwing around the V sign in selfies/pictures.

I was explaining to a few Arab colleagues yesterday that the V sign (with the knuckles facing forward) actually means 'Piss off' in the UK :p

Millhouse Jul 5th 2017 6:47 am

I find the word misogynist somewhat overused and irritating.

ExpatAl Jul 5th 2017 7:05 am

There's a few words on LinkedIn that grind my gears. Examples being when people describe themselves as 'Disruptors', 'Evangelists', 'Guru' and other wanky terms...

Scamp Jul 5th 2017 7:20 am

Originally Posted by ExpatAl (Post 12287101)
There's a few words on LinkedIn that grind my gears. Examples being when people describe themselves as 'Disruptors', 'Evangelists', 'Guru' and other wanky terms...

I've seen a recruiter call himself a 'Talent Broker'.

****ing ****.

Jingsamichty Jul 5th 2017 7:35 am

I find it irritating when people describe themselves as "creative", or, even worse, "a creative".

I'll be the judge of that, thank you very much. In your eyes you may be creative, but in mine you're mostly just hipsterising someone else's ideas.

moneypenny20 Jul 6th 2017 1:47 am

Originally Posted by ExpatAl (Post 12287101)

Is being a 'disruptor' a positive thing then? :confused:

I'm an Admin for an animal website and we have a woman who constantly posts about 'yummy' food. I want to hurt her. I want to shove her 'yummy' food where the sun don't shine. Stupid ****ing immature word.

Pulaski Jul 6th 2017 2:25 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12287815)
Is being a 'disruptor' a positive thing then? ....

Yes, Uber is disrupting the taxi business, Amazon is disrupting retail, Airbnb is disrupting the hotel business, etc.

Miss Ann Thrope Jul 6th 2017 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12287096)
I find the word misogynist somewhat overused and irritating.

Yeah I guess I inadvertently implied that also by posting that phrase here but it was not my intent as it is, if anything, underused in the Sand Pit where it is rife and not called out often enough: my proposal was actually meant for Room 101 but it was late (after 7pm) and I was knackered so got my threads mixed up!

Boomhauer Jul 16th 2017 5:50 am

nothingburger ,