Overstaying your visa

Old Nov 22nd 2010, 5:16 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Overstaying your visa

Originally Posted by commander View Post
well if he can sell his story to pay for the fines.....
great minds think alike
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:30 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy View Post
unlucky kidda, what a shite set of circumstances, good to know there were people around who cared though.

top tip though. ditch the friggin man bag and carry your wallet in your pocket, if you weren't such a hermo you wouldn't be in this mess
mate I'd been to a bbq, I had loads of lovely food in there I'd taken with me, ipod etc - if you ever meet me you'll know I'd rather iron my sack than carry a manbag.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:31 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad View Post
I'm sure it will sort itself out...been in similar circumstances (not here) and once it blows over you can laugh about it.

Out if interest, did they ask if you have a liquor license? I'm just wondering if they are actually any use.
dont think so, but I do have one. Also on a visit visa so not sure if you need one?
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:32 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
great minds think alike
aye sure my folks would love to see me splashed all over the shitty rags back home about their son being in prison for smashing up a police van when leathered.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
dont think so, but I do have one. Also on a visit visa so not sure if you need one?
you don't need one on a visit visa
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:38 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

aye sure my folks would love to see me splashed all over the shitty rags back home about their son being in prison for smashing up a police van when leathered.
Let alone what your current or future employers/clients would think.

When you're in a hole, stop digging.

Good luck.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

if you ever meet me you'll know I'd rather iron my sack than carry a manbag.
hahaha, i'm just conjuring up that image right now, hilarious...

anyway...did you get the passport swap thing sorted yet...?

MM, xx
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Let alone what your current or future employers/clients would think.

When you're in a hole, stop digging.

Good luck.
Very wise advice.

I had an employee in AUH who did something similar, minus the criminal damage bit. He had to do the formal apology bit, and they held onto his passport for 6 weeks and teased it all out...multiple visits to Al Raha police station...the right person not there...the right person left early...the wrong paper work...the wrong letter from the company..the usual palaver.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

Back home, anyone appearing disrespectful to those nasty, oil rich Arabs would probably be hero worshipped, your folks included.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 5:55 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

ok hadn't drank in 10 weeks - went to a bbq, got drunk and decided to get myself off home, got home and had left bag with wallet in, told cab driver I'd get cash from the house and promptly fell asleep in the house.

half hour later cab driver and police come, demand money, I said I didn't have it and after being asleep and drunk was pretty all over the shop - they handcuffed me tightly behind my back and dragged me off.

I had no lenses in so could hardly see and no socks or shoes on.

They locked me in a dark police van and I am claustrophobis so when we stopped I asked them to let me out, they laughed and I had a panic attack and started hoofing teh slidinfg door - and pretty much buckled it to bits, it now won;'t close.

They went mental, dragged me off to jail and left me in there for a few days before I managed to get out and make a phone call and get a few people, bluecat and meow and her husband to help get me out.

I didn't sleep, eat, or was in there for 2 days andhave a scar on my wrist where theey handcuffed me to a chair for 15 hours.

I am now on bail and have sorted the cab driver so have a drunk charge and should get a fine for damaging police van - I paid 20k to lawyers and fine could be another 20k.

This was 5 weeks ago and still no court date, so it's really hanging over me.

Thanks for the support anyway.

Some of you.
The best of luck Spugsy, lets hope the case comes to court soon and then you can relax without it hanging over your head over xmas especially. just for the record, one of my mates got drunk around 8-9 weeks ago, taxi driver went round the houses to get him home 150dhs instead of 60, he argued and the cabbie called the police, he was arrested and charged with being drunk, was fined 15000 dhs. End of story, he has gone home of his own accord but was not deported. Take care will be rooting for you
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 6:00 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Might a visit visa be in your favour anyway, can you deport someone without a full visa? I would have thought if that was going to happen they would have had you in court as soon as, then got you the hell out of the UAE, my money is on a heavy fine
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, Spugsy.

When it comes to a fair legal system, you suddenly realize how much more civilized the UK is....

Got any Wasta?
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Back home, anyone appearing disrespectful to those nasty, oil rich Arabs would probably be hero worshipped, your folks included.
you really can be a tool sometimes - what on earth can you possibly know about what the lads parents think ?

Spug's dad was the British Ambassador in Bahrain for 7 years, he knows a thing or 2 about respecting Arabs

presumptious twat
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:20 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

No disrespect to Spugs here but you must be confusing him with someone else. Anyway, it's extroardinarily rare for an ambassador to serve in a country for more than four years as per FO policies. They like to shift the ambassadors around.

Anyway Spugsy, wish you the best of luck and hope all this gets sorted out soon.

Spug's dad was the British Ambassador in Bahrain for 7 years, he knows a thing or 2 about respecting Arabs

presumptious twat
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 6:03 am
Account Closed

Spug's dad was the British Ambassador in Bahrain for 7 years, he knows a thing or 2 about respecting Arabs...
presumptious twat
Really! Maybe Spugsy's dad was keeping this a secret all those years...idiot! Incidentally, we are talking about a grown male here, not a young boy. Why would his parents be upset?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.