Overstaying your visa

Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Overstaying your visa

This thread was the first I'd heard of Spugsy in jail and it did explain why he's been so quiet lately. Based on the first page of posts it sounded like he got drunk, did something illegal and was arrested for it and in the process attacked the police vehicle. Stuff people get deported for - the Emiratis don't take lightly to attacking symbols of authority.

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
bollocks! you are talking absolute rubbish
I wish Spugsy the best of British luck. Jail is no place to be.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Emiratis don't take lightly to attacking symbols of authority

No difference to any of the many other Police States around the globe...
Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:52 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

The DM avoids bad press as much as possible. At least Spugs isn't locked up in jail while waiting for the trial - which is in his favour.

But I'd still bet the odds on deportation at the sentencing.
Thanks mate, cheered me right up.

As ithappens I've been told by police, lawyers and prosecutor I'll get a fine and thats that.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:53 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
I agree, slap on the wrist sonny, youve paid your dues, you were a bit young, had too much to drink, now .......off
aye, indeed. Sense at last.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:54 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
Getting banged up in any *****ed up country isn't fun.

Last year I spent 10 days in jail courtesy of the Nigeria SSS and Immigration Service. I was never badly treated, but the conditions were awful and would never wish the same upon any Brit.

Thankfully there was no case to answer and I was released without charge.

******* nasty experience though...and all the best to Spugsy
thanks, and yeah, 2 days in there was bad enough, horrible, filthy, overcrowded place.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:58 pm
why ayeeeee man!

This thread was the first I'd heard of Spugsy in jail and it did explain why he's been so quiet lately. Based on the first page of posts it sounded like he got drunk, did something illegal and was arrested for it and in the process attacked the police vehicle. Stuff people get deported for - the Emiratis don't take lightly to attacking symbols of authority.

I wish Spugsy the best of British luck. Jail is no place to be.
ok hadn't drank in 10 weeks - went to a bbq, got drunk and decided to get myself off home, got home and had left bag with wallet in, told cab driver I'd get cash from the house and promptly fell asleep in the house.

half hour later cab driver and police come, demand money, I said I didn't have it and after being asleep and drunk was pretty all over the shop - they handcuffed me tightly behind my back and dragged me off.

I had no lenses in so could hardly see and no socks or shoes on.

They locked me in a dark police van and I am claustrophobis so when we stopped I asked them to let me out, they laughed and I had a panic attack and started hoofing teh slidinfg door - and pretty much buckled it to bits, it now won;'t close.

They went mental, dragged me off to jail and left me in there for a few days before I managed to get out and make a phone call and get a few people, bluecat and meow and her husband to help get me out.

I didn't sleep, eat, or was in there for 2 days andhave a scar on my wrist where theey handcuffed me to a chair for 15 hours.

I am now on bail and have sorted the cab driver so have a drunk charge and should get a fine for damaging police van - I paid 20k to lawyers and fine could be another 20k.

This was 5 weeks ago and still no court date, so it's really hanging over me.

Thanks for the support anyway.

Some of you.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 4:39 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
ok hadn't drank in 10 weeks - went to a bbq, got drunk and decided to get myself off home, got home and had left bag with wallet in, told cab driver I'd get cash from the house and promptly fell asleep in the house.

half hour later cab driver and police come, demand money, I said I didn't have it and after being asleep and drunk was pretty all over the shop - they handcuffed me tightly behind my back and dragged me off.

They locked me in a dark police van and I am claustrophobis so when we stopped I asked them to let me out, they laughed and I had a panic attack and started hoofing teh slidinfg door - and pretty much buckled it to bits, it now won;'t close.

They went mental, dragged me off to jail and left me in there for a few days before I managed to get out and make a phone call and get a few people, bluecat and meow and her husband to help get me out.

I didn't sleep, eat, or was in there for 2 days andhave a scar on my wrist where theey handcuffed me to a chair for 15 hours.

I am now on bail and have sorted the cab driver so have a drunk charge and should get a fine for damaging police van - I paid 20k to lawyers and fine could be another 20k.

Some of you.
**** me, talk about punishment fitting the crime eh? You'll be fine. Even in this country. Have you a doctors line for your clostrpobia?

Really sorry to read that, nobody deserves this shit hanging over them like this.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 4:53 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Some of you.
All I am going to say is I am glad that we managed to get you out, I didn't sleep much knowing where you were. It will all sort itself out I am sure of it. I know people who have done worse and got off with a fine. Chin up
Old Nov 21st 2010, 5:42 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by commander
**** me, talk about punishment fitting the crime eh? You'll be fine. Even in this country. Have you a doctors line for your clostrpobia?

Really sorry to read that, nobody deserves this shit hanging over them like this.
pretty much been told doesn't matter as I was drunk so any claustrophobia or anythnig counts for nothing - go along, apologise a lot, look sad, say it won't happen again, pay fine and get on with life.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

unlucky kidda, what a shite set of circumstances, good to know there were people around who cared though.

top tip though. ditch the friggin man bag and carry your wallet in your pocket, if you weren't such a hermo you wouldn't be in this mess
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 3:11 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

pretty much been told doesn't matter as I was drunk so any claustrophobia or anythnig counts for nothing - go along, apologise a lot, look sad, say it won't happen again, pay fine and get on with life.
I'm sure it will sort itself out...been in similar circumstances (not here) and once it blows over you can laugh about it.

Out if interest, did they ask if you have a liquor license? I'm just wondering if they are actually any use.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd take the story off tbh, one hack finds it and you're on the front page of the Daily Mail - they love a brit locked up in Dubai story
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 3:42 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, be extremely apologetic and subservient.

You will be fine.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 3:43 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I'd take the story off tbh, one hack finds it and you're on the front page of the Daily Mail - they love a brit locked up in Dubai story
They can bloody well pay his fine then, sorted.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 3:43 am
banned

Originally Posted by Sandboy
well if he can sell his story to pay for the fines.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.