Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Overrated shouty singer dead at 48

Overrated shouty singer dead at 48

Old Feb 12th 2012, 7:12 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overrated shouty singer dead at 48

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Of course but you know the point i'm making .
Yeah, sorry.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Co Durham Boy-

I completely disagree- It is a tradgey that so many people die from drug abuse and spend such a large part of their lives battling their addiction. I'm pretty sure no one takes drugs thinking- yeah this will kill me one day, everyone assumes it won't happen to them, the same as an alcoholic doesn't have their first drink thinking one day I'll be addicted and I'll put myself in an early grave and all my family and friends will disown me.

We all make stupid choices every now and again, luckily most of those choices don't result in a lifetime of drug abuse, but sadly for some it does. for me such a waste of a life is a tragedy.

And I don't think you can compare drug abuse to cancer- is it better or noble or acceptable to die from cancer compared to a drug overdose? Do you have more sympathy for someone that has died from cancer? What if they have smoked all their lives, or eaten unhealthily, or perhaps they are just unlucky to have cancer in their family history. What about someone that kills themselves- no sympathy for them either as they chose to- you wouldn't question their mental health and state of mind or give them sympathy for having something that has left them so desperate they feel their only option is to kill themselves? or perhaps you would? So why not question the life of a drug addict before you pass judgement, were they hooked on drugs because they couldn't cope with some part of their life, maybe they were abused, maybe they just can't cope so drugs are an escape from whatever part of their lives need escaping from? perhaps not, but every case is different for which you don't know all the information, who are you to say every preventable death deserves no compassion?

So what? she was another celeb who had a life of riley- she had every opportunity in life and still her life went down the shitter- life isn't always what it seems and celebrity and money doesn't make everything ok.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Nice diaeresis
Thanks. I keep them in a little bag to keep them cool.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:33 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
It's curious, one **** nugget blows their own life and the media and social media go nuts. Assad blows the shit out of whole cities and barely a whisper from the same **** nuggets. Wankers the lot of em.

She was over rated blew her career and probably killed herself.....yup I'm still searching for any sympathy
I'm with you on this & also agree with co durham boy about 'Diane syndrome'. Sad that a woman of just 48 has died so young, but the was largely the author of her own fate when she had so much going for her. I'm not upset as I didn't know her and didn't really like her music.

There are tragedies happening to non-famous people every day which are far more worthy of getting het up about.

Besides, I have never forgiven her for murdering a beautiful Dolly Parton song with that shouty over-souling.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Besides, I have never forgiven her for murdering a beautiful Dolly Parton song with that shouty over-souling.
Couldn't help but laugh at that!
Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Co Durham Boy-

I completely disagree- It is a tradgey that so many people die from drug abuse and spend such a large part of their lives battling their addiction. I'm pretty sure no one takes drugs thinking- yeah this will kill me one day, everyone assumes it won't happen to them, the same as an alcoholic doesn't have their first drink thinking one day I'll be addicted and I'll put myself in an early grave and all my family and friends will disown me.

We all make stupid choices every now and again, luckily most of those choices don't result in a lifetime of drug abuse, but sadly for some it does. for me such a waste of a life is a tragedy.

And I don't think you can compare drug abuse to cancer- is it better or noble or acceptable to die from cancer compared to a drug overdose? Do you have more sympathy for someone that has died from cancer? What if they have smoked all their lives, or eaten unhealthily, or perhaps they are just unlucky to have cancer in their family history. What about someone that kills themselves- no sympathy for them either as they chose to- you wouldn't question their mental health and state of mind or give them sympathy for having something that has left them so desperate they feel their only option is to kill themselves? or perhaps you would? So why not question the life of a drug addict before you pass judgement, were they hooked on drugs because they couldn't cope with some part of their life, maybe they were abused, maybe they just can't cope so drugs are an escape from whatever part of their lives need escaping from? perhaps not, but every case is different for which you don't know all the information, who are you to say every preventable death deserves no compassion?

So what? she was another celeb who had a life of riley- she had every opportunity in life and still her life went down the shitter- life isn't always what it seems and celebrity and money doesn't make everything ok.
I respect your opinion but i don't buy your argument as i do not see her life as a tragedy . The tragedy is that she chose the pipe over her kid and her will to live , just like any other crack head .

I'll save my sympathy for those who deserve it . Addiction is not a disease , the phrase makes the addict feel better about the bucket of shit he or she is currently sitting in .
Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

I respect your opinion but i don't buy your argument as i do not see her life as a tragedy . The tragedy is that she chose the pipe over her kid and her will to live , just like any other crack head .

I'll save my sympathy for those who deserve it . Addiction is not a disease , the phrase makes the addict feel better about the bucket of shit he or she is currently sitting in .
This something that has always bemused me, addicts calling their problem a 'disease'. It isn't. Malaria is a disease. Addiction is usually a feeble excuse for a lack of self control and restraint, but it is not something that you contract through various means.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Sad to see anyone that has done some positive for the world die.

BUT, public Karma is what this post deserves. You're bang on the money.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I'm with you on this & also agree with co durham boy about 'Diane syndrome'. Sad that a woman of just 48 has died so young, but the was largely the author of her own fate when she had so much going for her. I'm not upset as I didn't know her and didn't really like her music.

There are tragedies happening to non-famous people every day which are far more worthy of getting het up about.

Absolutely right - except Whitney never over-SOULed anything - she was about the third or fourth most talented member of her family (after cousin Dionne Warwick, auntie Thelma Houston and mummy Cissy Houston). I seem to remember Aretha was her godmother too, but my memory might be wrong on that one. They WERE/ARE soul singers.

Dolly Parton's original of that song was breathtakingly beautiful (well, she was a better singer anyway, so no surprise).
Old Feb 12th 2012, 9:56 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Absolutely right - except Whitney never over-SOULed anything - she was about the third or fourth most talented member of her family (after cousin Dionne Warwick, auntie Thelma Houston and mummy Cissy Houston). I seem to remember Aretha was her godmother too, but my memory might be wrong on that one. They WERE/ARE soul singers.

Dolly Parton's original of that song was breathtakingly beautiful (well, she was a better singer anyway, so no surprise).
Just so you know, old man over-souling is the term used for that anoying wobbling vibrato that too many singers use. Nothing to do with having soul. Whitney certainly didn't.

Dolly is a proper talent.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 10:31 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Just so you know, old man over-souling is the term used for that anoying wobbling vibrato that too many singers use. Nothing to do with having soul. Whitney certainly didn't.

I like Dolly.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I like Dolly.
Like?- LIKE???? - you LIKE dolly????? Dolly is f**king AWESOME- I LOVE Dolly :-) now there is a woman that has beaten the odds

Can I get a few more question marks in ?????????????????????
Old Feb 12th 2012, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Like?- LIKE???? - you LIKE dolly????? Dolly is f**king AWESOME- I LOVE Dolly :-) now there is a woman that has beaten the odds

Can I get a few more question marks in ?????????????????????
Beaten the odds? She has also defied gravity..........
Attached Thumbnails Overrated shouty singer dead at 48-dolly-parton.jpg  
Old Feb 12th 2012, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah I did know - although it tends to be used for NON-soul singers showboating it up a bit. (Aguilera was accused of it a while back I seem to recall). Houston pretended to be a soul singer, but wasn't..... as we both agree.

Anyway, she's dead, so no problem..................
Old Feb 12th 2012, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Yeah I did know - although it tends to be used for NON-soul singers showboating it up a bit. (Aguilera was accused of it a while back I seem to recall). Houston pretended to be a soul singer, but wasn't..... as we both agree.

Anyway, she's dead, so no problem..................
Yeah , Kevin Costner has one night off and look what happens ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.