Overdue Invoice

Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:30 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Overdue Invoice

I have shitty client who has been sitting on an unpaid invoice for four months now.
I could of course go legal but I'd rather not go down that path as they are a pretty ****ing huge company and have considerably more in house lawyers than I do.

I have however found a man in India who will call anyone I want 100 times a day for $100

Question is do I unleash the phone pest with a nice polite script asking for payment?

How long would you last or how annoying would you find 100 calls a day about the same thing?
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all
Default Re: Overdue Invoice

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
I have shitty client who has been sitting on an unpaid invoice for four months now.
I could of course go legal but I'd rather not go down that path as they are a pretty ****ing huge company and have considerably more in house lawyers than I do.

I have however found a man in India who will call anyone I want 100 times a day for $100

Question is do I unleash the phone pest with a nice polite script asking for payment?

How long would you last or how annoying would you find 100 calls a day about the same thing?

What you want to do is phone the finance director and let him know personally. The accounts dept who have probably lost your invoice will be none the wiser or have any concern that you've not been paid.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:33 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Well I would never deal with your company again if you did.

I had o/s (for 11 months - all people involved at clients end had left), invoices for $50k or so, not huge but a pain, only way I could sort it was sit in front of the accountant and agree a figure of $35k.

Had to write off the rest - hence now we invoice them at 25% above the going rate.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:36 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
What you want to do is phone the finance director and let him know personally. The accounts dept who have probably lost your invoice will be none the wiser or have any concern that you've not been paid.
been there done that, who do you think I will direct the annoying bastard at!

have to say in 20 yrs of running my own businesses I have never had a client be so shitty or late with payment.

I once called a global CEO for a rant and got paid within 24 hrs but this prick just wont budge
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:38 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Kix View Post
Well I would never deal with your company again if you did.

suits me as I wont be working for them regardless of fee again.

I had o/s (for 11 months - all people involved at clients end had left), invoices for $50k or so, not huge but a pain, only way I could sort it was sit in front of the accountant and agree a figure of $35k.

Had to write off the rest - hence now we invoice them at 25% above the going rate.
yup this one is already discounted and already had 25% in advance. I only do retained work now because the attitude in this region sucks. That way I at least cover costs.

It's the attitude thats really pissing me off now and frankly feel like sharing some of my annoyance with them
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:40 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Go for it, can your annoying bloke get to the right person every time though? If he was targeting me, I wouldn't answer, phone on silent etc. Will it actually work or is it just to vent your annoyance?
Old Jul 10th 2013, 10:00 am
**** it we'll do it live

Go for it, can your annoying bloke get to the right person every time though? If he was targeting me, I wouldn't answer, phone on silent etc. Will it actually work or is it just to vent your annoyance?
it'll be mobile. work, **** knows but if i get just one calltelling me to stop it will have been money well spent
Old Jul 10th 2013, 10:02 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

it'll be mobile. work, **** knows but if i get just one calltelling me to stop it will have been money well spent
Which is fine, but do you want the overdue invoice or do you want to piss people off?

Do you have a wasta loaded friend who can have a chat?
Old Jul 10th 2013, 10:06 am
**** it we'll do it live

Which is fine, but do you want the overdue invoice or do you want to piss people off?

Do you have a wasta loaded friend who can have a chat?
tbh im not sure anymore. No wasta, not worth cashing in anything over.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 10:06 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

I'm assuming you've gone and sat in their office and said that you'll wait for a cheque to be given?
Old Jul 10th 2013, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

do you want the overdue invoice or do you want to piss people off?
This is the real question - if you want paid then you might want to speak the FD's sub-ordinate (the person who runs the finance dept) or speak to the MD compaining about the FD.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 10:19 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
This is the real question - if you want paid then you might want to speak the FD's sub-ordinate (the person who runs the finance dept) or speak to the MD compaining about the FD.
No use. Was done at the senior level only and both the desicion makers have decided to be ***** about work that was done that they are benefitting from.

It's not so much about the money as the sheer audacity to decide to not pay based on nothing other than they don't want to. What really pisses me off is they made an extra $2 million as a direct result not 6 weeks after my work was completed.

I'm more than used to dealing with twats but the attitude this time has just really got to me.

**** it rant over but some people are beyond belief
Old Jul 10th 2013, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

No use. Was done at the senior level only and both the desicion makers have decided to be ***** about work that was done that they are benefitting from.

It's not so much about the money as the sheer audacity to decide to not pay based on nothing other than they don't want to. What really pisses me off is they made an extra $2 million as a direct result not 6 weeks after my work was completed.

I'm more than used to dealing with twats but the attitude this time has just really got to me.

Legal action then IMO is justified
Old Jul 10th 2013, 10:29 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Is it the retainer they aren't paying or a back-end?
Old Jul 10th 2013, 10:51 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Is it the retainer they aren't paying or a back-end?
Back end

as for legal it's a ball ache I'd rather avoid as I know they'll spend me out of it before I win

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.