Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Of outrage against chemical attacks..

Of outrage against chemical attacks..

Old Aug 30th 2013, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Of outrage against chemical attacks..

Cameron accepted the NO vote in the Commons and agreed that there will be no intervention. A better man than the War Criminal Blair.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 7:46 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if it was an acceptance or a climb down because he's spineless? I am so pleased that MPs actually had the guts to say screw the Yanks, we're not doing it. UK is too small now to be a player on the world stage, we've emasculated our Armed Forces to the extent that we just can't get involved in these Police actions any more. Lets see the UN get it's thumb out.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 8:38 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get the hoo-ha about Cameron's "defeat". The office he holds is not one of "supreme leader" or dictator--Parliament is there to represent the man on the street, and if its constituent members allowed the PM's wishes to be granted on all occasions then that would be a spineless situation. Surely this is democracy at work. Or am I being naïve?
Old Aug 30th 2013, 8:54 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I don't get the hoo-ha about Cameron's "defeat". The office he holds is not one of "supreme leader" or dictator--Parliament is there to represent the man on the street, and if its constituent members allowed the PM's wishes to be granted on all occasions then that would be a spineless situation. Surely this is democracy at work. Or am I being naïve?
I just said the same thing on facebook to my friend who happens to be a Tory MP. He called it 'A defeat for politics' I called it a victory for democracy.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Of course Islamic fundamentalists inside/outside the UK will see this lack of intervention as a reason to attack the uk/west, but then again they would also see intervention as a reason to attack.

Shias and Sunnies wil go on slaughtering each other as long as their Iranian and Saudi paymasters keep the money flowing. better we keep out of their superstitious sectarian nonsense.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Allez France!
Old Aug 30th 2013, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikewot
I wonder if it was an acceptance or a climb down because he's spineless? I am so pleased that MPs actually had the guts to say screw the Yanks, we're not doing it. UK is too small now to be a player on the world stage, we've emasculated our Armed Forces to the extent that we just can't get involved in these Police actions any more. Lets see the UN get it's thumb out.
Bang on post! Been thinking the same myself for the last couple of years
Old Aug 30th 2013, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
You miss the point. The weapons shouldn't exist in the first place. But when we have sold them to the countries in the past we shouldn't be horrified when they are used.

1,300 dead in a chemical attack is nothing. 100,000 are already dead.

And killing children - yes, it's bad, but life is life and I don't really see the difference between killing kids with starvation (North Korea) or normal weapons than with chemicals.

Anyway, fat Dave seems to have lost the vote. Common sense has finally prevailed (for now at least).
Point is, it's the straw that's broken Assad's back.

I see no justification for the loss of life in Syria. Using chemical weapons takes it to the next level.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair, who gives a shit? Leave it to the U.N. It is possible to get refugee exasperatated....
Old Aug 31st 2013, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

The Geneva convention rules out killing by chemical means. It's the thin edge of a very scary wedge, just as deploying nuclear weapons would be. A government using chemical weapons on its own populace is really dodgy. Those are not the sorts of people you need sitting down at UN conventions trying to work out how best to run the world.

The unintended consequences of chemical (and nuclear) weapons use could lead to tragic repercussions that people who are pretty p*ss poor at planning would never forsee. I think we have good reason to worry about their deployment anywhere within this region.

The Yanks have UN inspectors' evidence now to place the blame right at Asaad's feet. That makes all of this so much more problematic now. If anybody tries to remonstrate with Syria, they take on Syria's allies as well. Iran is already a scary nutcase country - do we need to take on Russia and China as well?
Old Aug 31st 2013, 5:52 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
From what I read Miliband reneged on an agreement with Cameron on the vote at the very last minute.

And that would not surprise me (of any politicians) - using a crisis to score points.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 5:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.theonion.com/articles/so-...g-to-be,33662/
Old Aug 31st 2013, 6:23 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yoohoo

The Yanks have UN inspectors' evidence now to place the blame right at Asaad's feet. That makes all of this so much more problematic now. If anybody tries to remonstrate with Syria, they take on Syria's allies as well. Iran is already a scary nutcase country - do we need to take on Russia and China as well?
Really?
Old Aug 31st 2013, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

made me laugh anyway
Attached Thumbnails Of outrage against chemical attacks..-o-david-cameron-facebook-spoof-570.jpg  
Old Aug 31st 2013, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Really?
so they say

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.