Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

OSN - The Premier League

OSN - The Premier League

Old May 9th 2010, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Re: OSN - The Premier League

Originally Posted by Bully Wee Boy
I have an e-vision set-up and get all of the OSN Sports Channels. Upgraded to all of the Al J Sports Channels as well recently (12 of them). Took one phone call and an extra 25AED on my monthly bill. Was all done automatically and sorted by the time I got home from work. Al J shows European Champions League, Europa League, SPL, English Championship (watched the first leg of the play-off yesterday followed by the Leeds game), Scottish Cup and World Cup. All with English commentary on +3 which is their dedicated English language sports channel. I have also heard (can't remember where though) that the EPL will be on Al J next season.
If you get that confirmed pls let mw know
Old May 9th 2010, 2:19 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
You wont get the premier league tho will you ? and your in it next year
well thats the thing, nobody knows do they??

And yeah we are, and are you, only just....

To be honest, whatever the Prem is on I'll get.
Old May 9th 2010, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Bully Wee Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I understand at the mo, if you have standalone OSN you will need a new set-top box to receive the new EPL channels. If you have something like e-vision, the channels will be available as a top-up to your existing subscription. At least that's what e-vision have told me (in'shallah sir)
Old May 9th 2010, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I have the AJ+ channels and they are brilliant, 10 channels and about 8 are usually showing english commentary of champs league, FA cup, Serie A, La Liga etc.

In fact Lineker hosts the CL sometimes with Shearer, Sounness, Gullit, Francis etc etc
Originally Posted by rowell
You just sold me it Spugsy
I don't think I'm going to bother anymore! I'd rather listen to a cat having an un-tuned violin inserted about its person.

Last edited by the_red_sheep; May 9th 2010 at 5:53 pm.
Old May 10th 2010, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

don't assume if you have Al Jazeera 1-8 you'll get the world cup, it'll be on 9, 10 and a new World Cup channel - imagine how much they could make if they'd put an ad in the paper instead of keeping it secret ?

I got a card from these lads in Diera

Al Talfaza Trading 04-2218662, one phonecall to Al Jazeera to activate and all the channels are there - 480AED for 6 months. It won't work in the Showtime box or the new Firstnet box.

Heard there will be 4 new channels for premier league next season which may even require a new decoder, we'll just have to wait and see

Spugs, don't bother with the 2 year subscription mate
http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/...say.6282820.jp
Old May 10th 2010, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
don't assume if you have Al Jazeera 1-8 you'll get the world cup, it'll be on 9, 10 and a new World Cup channel - imagine how much they could make if they'd put an ad in the paper instead of keeping it secret ?

I got a card from these lads in Diera

Al Talfaza Trading 04-2218662, one phonecall to Al Jazeera to activate and all the channels are there - 480AED for 6 months. It won't work in the Showtime box or the new Firstnet box.

Heard there will be 4 new channels for premier league next season which may even require a new decoder, we'll just have to wait and see

Spugs, don't bother with the 2 year subscription mate
http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/...say.6282820.jp
you have to pay an extra one - off payment for the world cup
Old May 10th 2010, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
you have to pay an extra one - off payment for the world cup
aye but is isn't available on every platform - I have 1-8 on Firstnet but they can't provide 9/10 + world cup

only DU / evision can do that I think
Old May 10th 2010, 3:19 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

aye but is isn't available on every platform - I have 1-8 on Firstnet but they can't provide 9/10 + world cup

only DU / evision can do that I think
aye I've got 9 -10 so thats canny.
Old May 10th 2010, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Spugsy
aye I've got 9 -10 so thats canny.
worraboot world cup ? it's a new channel
Old May 10th 2010, 7:22 pm
why ayeeeee man!

worraboot world cup ? it's a new channel
actually I haven't got 9 and 10, I will get this new one if it comes out of course.
Old May 13th 2010, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

a worker on the showtime stand at MOE has just told me that to get EPL next year through showtime it will cost me between 100/ 150per month I hope he is wrong.

A friend of mine has hired the Palladium for all of the England games at the world cup he has a HD screen, entry is 60AED & it includes a beer

If you are interested in booking tables let me know
Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

has anybody got any new info regarding the premier league costings ? do you need a new box etc etc... Less than 1 month to go so annoying !
Old Jul 17th 2010, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

370 pa if you have a Humaz HD Decoder

1000 if you need a new decoder + card. Available soon

so guess around 100 a month on cable
Old Jul 17th 2010, 1:57 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Sandboy,

Lost track of who with... Do you mean it still with AJ?
Old Jul 17th 2010, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

i thought that showtime lost out to abu dhabi sports channel for the footie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.