Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend thread

The Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend thread

Old Feb 25th 2013, 10:22 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend thread

Originally Posted by Scamp
Oooh, I love cluedo.
Well we know it was in the Bathroom and by Professor Stump
Old Feb 25th 2013, 10:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Well we know it was in the Bathroom and by Professor Stump

I think you and I are actually hitting new lows.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 10:27 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

South African police have installed state of the art technology outside the bail address of Oscar Pistorius to ensure he doesn't leave at a cost of millions of Dollars.

What a waste I'd have put them in a cattle grid for $500!
Old Feb 25th 2013, 10:29 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
South African police have installed state of the art technology outside the bail address of Oscar Pistorius to ensure he doesn't leave at a cost of millions of Dollars.

Bahahaha. I like that.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 9:22 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix

At the risk of appearing terribly dim Tim, I don' t get this,please explain at idiot level thanks.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Other than Eva, has anybody else mentioned that he may have initially bashed his beloved's brains in with a cricket bat and then shot her to make the intruder alibi more plausible? I haven't read all of the last few pages (as I'm frankly tired of the so-called jokes). If it was her blood on the bat then he must go down for the maximum sentence and should not have been granted bail, in my view anyway.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 11:05 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
At the risk of appearing terribly dim Tim, I don' t get this,please explain at idiot level thanks.
He has no feet so his legs will fall through the grid.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 11:09 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by mentalist
Other than Eva, has anybody else mentioned that he may have initially bashed his beloved's brains in with a cricket bat and then shot her to make the intruder alibi more plausible? I haven't read all of the last few pages (as I'm frankly tired of the so-called jokes). If it was her blood on the bat then he must go down for the maximum sentence and should not have been granted bail, in my view anyway.
I don't think the prosecution wanted to give all their evidence away at the bail hearing. They thought they had enough to keep him in but owing to some disastrous police work on the stand he got bail. Pistorious has now submitted all his evidence and its sworn. The police have 3/6 months to disprove it at their leisure and lets hope they do.........

I have a sneaky idea he won't be back in court, he may take the easy way out.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:48 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dumbo
He has no feet so his legs will fall through the grid.
fnar.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:59 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I don't think the prosecution wanted to give all their evidence away at the bail hearing. They thought they had enough to keep him in but owing to some disastrous police work on the stand he got bail. Pistorious has now submitted all his evidence and its sworn. The police have 3/6 months to disprove it at their leisure and lets hope they do.........

I have a sneaky idea he won't be back in court, he may take the easy way out.
My latest speculation:I think he shot a dead body but I don t think the forensics are competent enough to prove cause and time of death.The intruder story was his attempt to disguise m.o. of murder.He may have thought smashed skull could be explained away by falling to marble(?) floor.

I hope police have seized all the phones found( I read at least four at locus) &
forensic telecom officers recover recent conversations and texts.

I think he will comply with bail and appear at trial.There is enough of a smokescreen already to offer him hope of getting off on technicalities ...
I have no doubt if a robust case for the prosecution is presented ( like damning evidence from cell phones), he will do a runner well before the verdict.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:36 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
My latest speculation:I think he shot a dead body but I don t think the forensics are competent enough to prove cause and time of death.The intruder story was his attempt to disguise m.o. of murder.He may have thought smashed skull could be explained away by falling to marble(?) floor.

I hope police have seized all the phones found( I read at least four at locus) &
forensic telecom officers recover recent conversations and texts.

I think he will comply with bail and appear at trial.There is enough of a smokescreen already to offer him hope of getting off on technicalities ...
I have no doubt if a robust case for the prosecution is presented ( like damning evidence from cell phones), he will do a runner well before the verdict.
Surely the forensics in SA are not that incompetent? Establishing time and cause of death are pretty basic things, and like someone else said already if there's evidence of her being bashed with the bat he's done.

A strategy to get him off on a technicality will not be a huge surprise. I doubt he'll run, but can see him topping himself if things start looking particularly unpleasant.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:05 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by norsk
Surely the forensics in SA are not that incompetent? Establishing time and cause of death are pretty basic things, and like someone else said already if there's evidence of her being bashed with the bat he's done.

A strategy to get him off on a technicality will not be a huge surprise. I doubt he'll run, but can see him topping himself if things start looking particularly unpleasant.
I hope you are right Norsk however I don 't share your faith in them.

More of my opinion & speculation....

The Legal System in SA from the top down is a mess.Judges,senior police officers being charged with ridiculously serious offences, which in most jurisdictions would immediately remove them from office - alas not in S.A as H.Botha being the o.i.c initially in this case demonstrates.

Then there is the collecting of forensic evidence- easiest thing for the defence to challenge,what a field day they will have given the cross contamination occurring due to Riva,being his girlfriend and having the run of the house probably -for example her DNA on a cricket bat isn t exactly damning- sure,hairs and shattered bone recovered from said bat would obviously present a different story.They SHOULD be able to competently recover that IMHO.

Establishing time and cause of death.....

Someone whacked about the cranium then shot....within a short space of time?
Not particularly straight forward.The correct analysis of the distribution of blood is key.

Suicide?

No I wouldn't t put money on that,he is arrogant,allegedly controlling and probably narcissistic given the adulation he receives.He will soon be channelling the victim mode- unfair trial,racism,hate culture.
God will feature as a material witness very early on in this trial....credo.

Last edited by Eva; Feb 26th 2013 at 8:12 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:10 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by norsk

Oh I don't know, hasn't he already done the legwork?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:43 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kix
Oh I don't know, hasn't he already done the legwork?
Tedious beyond the pale........
It's only your pigtails that are preventing me from putting you on ignore.
Mi piace Willie Nelson.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough

The second leg of this trial will be crucial no doubt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.