Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

An open letter to Lewis Hamilton

An open letter to Lewis Hamilton

Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default An open letter to Lewis Hamilton

Dear Lewis,

The most momentous moment of your career so far – apart from the same moment last year of course – approaches. You have the opportunity to seal the F1 World Championship in the final race of the season.

You are a remarkable talent, and your almost meteoric rise to become one of the genuine stars of F1 (and of British sport in general) has been impressive indeed. Of course, there will still be cynics; people who will say you are succeeding only because you have a great car and a great team behind you.

Nonsense – great teams can always choose from the very best of drivers – and your team chose you. Did they do this because their car was so good that anyone could win the F1 World Championship driving it? No – they chose a driver (you) because of his very special and already proven talent.

But one thing concerns me – your relationship with that little minx from the Pussy Cat Dolls.

In years to come, the demands on you to produce top quality driving performances will only increase – and you will have to be ready to put in all the hard yakka – getting up at 5.00am to lift weights and go running, or to catch a 7.00am flight to do some testing at a track half-way across the world.

Now don't get me wrong – if I was lucky enough to be serving up large portions to Ms Scherzinger every night, I'm sure I'd want to stay in bed a bit longer too……… but having to make that sacrifice is a measure of the self-discipline that you will need if you are to become the legend your talent deserves.

In twenty years from now, you may have earned the right to be ranked alongside the likes of, say, Schumacher and Senna – but that will require more dedication than you can possibly imagine. It would be a good step in the right direction if you could, as soon as possible, politely but firmly tell the Divine Ms S to put her knickers back on, let herself out the door, and get out of your life forever.

How do you want to be remembered in twenty years from now, Lewis? As the man who scored more points than Schumacher? Or simply as the man who scored with Scherzinger?

Which is it to be, Lewis?

Yours sincerely,

The Dean
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:19 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An open letter to Lewis Hamilton

Dear The Dean,

It appears you sent your letter to me by mistake.

Yours sincerely
Blue Cat
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Dear The Dean,

It appears you sent your letter to me by mistake.

Yours sincerely
Blue Cat
You're having a fling with Nicole Scherzinger??
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:34 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
You're having a fling with Nicole Scherzinger??
I asked that to be kept quiet, what them being a bit funny out here with the laws etc