Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

ooh I think I've upset someone.....

ooh I think I've upset someone.....

Old Feb 16th 2009, 9:56 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default ooh I think I've upset someone.....

....we play footy on a Monday night, its a good laugh but a total shambles the way it's run, some emails went round and I mentioned that this lot 'couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery', anyway we forwarded our email to him as we had some points to get across and mine was stuck int he middle, he must have read them all.....

'Hi xxx. We will make the changes. Please use the message board on the league page for posting scoring errors. Our admin is in charge of updating scores and occassionally we as humans make errors.

Spugsy - as for running a piss up a brewery. I appreciate your kind words. Considering we started this online concept 1 year ago with 10 people playing ultimate frisbee I guess we are numbnuts. If you have ever started a business on your own please let me know and I can advise you on the perils of entrepreneurship. I'm sure my parents would be happy to know that the 7 yrs of post secondary education doesn't qualify me to "run a piss up a brewery". As for our referee, he has an official registration from the indian national sports federation and has been refereeing for 20 yrs. How many years have you reffed? I guess getting pissed at a bar and watching and playing football games on the tele qualifies right? Even though he is indian and that may not represent the pinnacle of football, maybe if you get a chance to visit india you will see we have some solid football in the land of curry and cricket.

Don't appreciate your comments but I guess everyone has a right to their own opinion. Perhaps we can have a discussion on business and event organization at your next game- or maybe you can challenge me on an iq test (since you challenge my intelligence) and we can make it a duplays event?

Dxxxx'
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ooh I think I've upset someone.....

dummy oot
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:53 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy

dummy oot
aye big time, and he seems to have a chip on his shoulder about himself and the ref being indian, as if that's got owt to do with it.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:56 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

you daft get!! just ignore it so this footy is a business for someone is it? not just a knock around?
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:58 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
....we play footy on a Monday night, its a good laugh but a total shambles the way it's run, some emails went round and I mentioned that this lot 'couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery', anyway we forwarded our email to him as we had some points to get across and mine was stuck int he middle, he must have read them all.....

'Hi xxx. We will make the changes. Please use the message board on the league page for posting scoring errors. Our admin is in charge of updating scores and occassionally we as humans make errors.

Spugsy - as for running a piss up a brewery. I appreciate your kind words. Considering we started this online concept 1 year ago with 10 people playing ultimate frisbee I guess we are numbnuts. If you have ever started a business on your own please let me know and I can advise you on the perils of entrepreneurship. I'm sure my parents would be happy to know that the 7 yrs of post secondary education doesn't qualify me to "run a piss up a brewery". As for our referee, he has an official registration from the indian national sports federation and has been refereeing for 20 yrs. How many years have you reffed? I guess getting pissed at a bar and watching and playing football games on the tele qualifies right? Even though he is indian and that may not represent the pinnacle of football, maybe if you get a chance to visit india you will see we have some solid football in the land of curry and cricket.

Don't appreciate your comments but I guess everyone has a right to their own opinion. Perhaps we can have a discussion on business and event organization at your next game- or maybe you can challenge me on an iq test (since you challenge my intelligence) and we can make it a duplays event?

Dxxxx'
Challenge him to run a piss up in a brewery and invite all the BE Bored members to attend and we'll give feedback....

If he can find a brewery!
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats class!
Maybe if he spent less time writing notes like that and more time organising his 'piss up' it would be better.
I would love to be a fly on the wall for your next game.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Challenge him to run a piss up in a brewery and invite all the BE Bored members to attend and we'll give feedback....

If he can find a brewery!
We could make one...... find an empty building and start brewing!!
I'll be the official tester
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:00 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you daft get!! just ignore it so this footy is a business for someone is it? not just a knock around?
he runs this footy league, but the referees don't know the rules and the pitch is appallingly bad, its in the middle of al quoz industrial estate where all the workers live, he just is upset a bit,

the stupid little get.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:01 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Chris79
Thats class!
Maybe if he spent less time writing notes like that and more time organising his 'piss up' it would be better.
I would love to be a fly on the wall for your next game.
it's tonight and I can't make it, which is a real shame.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Gutted. Send a parcel with a babies dummy in it and say you found it asking is it his that he spat out!
Oh I wish I was going I could have fun with this guy!!
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:07 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

What's up....scared?

Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

he runs this footy league, but the referees don't know the rules and the pitch is appallingly bad, its in the middle of al quoz industrial estate where all the workers live, he just is upset a bit,

the stupid little get.
so why is he referring to it as a business?? do you pay him?
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:10 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Roadking
What's up....scared?

I'd love to go but got too much work on.

Still considering what to put in my reply to him....
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:11 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
so why is he referring to it as a business?? do you pay him?
he runs the league, we pay AED 350 per night for the team, for one hours footy.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:12 am
Concierge

he runs the league, we pay AED 350 per night for the team, for one hours footy.
mmmm I wonder if he has a Trade Licence are his initials DH?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.