Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

ooh I think I've upset someone.....

ooh I think I've upset someone.....

Old Feb 16th 2009, 9:56 am
  #1  
why ayeeeee man!
Thread Starter
 
Spugsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Disco Gardens...
Posts: 11,370
Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default ooh I think I've upset someone.....

....we play footy on a Monday night, its a good laugh but a total shambles the way it's run, some emails went round and I mentioned that this lot 'couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery', anyway we forwarded our email to him as we had some points to get across and mine was stuck int he middle, he must have read them all.....

'Hi xxx. We will make the changes. Please use the message board on the league page for posting scoring errors. Our admin is in charge of updating scores and occassionally we as humans make errors.


Spugsy - as for running a piss up a brewery. I appreciate your kind words. Considering we started this online concept 1 year ago with 10 people playing ultimate frisbee I guess we are numbnuts. If you have ever started a business on your own please let me know and I can advise you on the perils of entrepreneurship. I'm sure my parents would be happy to know that the 7 yrs of post secondary education doesn't qualify me to "run a piss up a brewery". As for our referee, he has an official registration from the indian national sports federation and has been refereeing for 20 yrs. How many years have you reffed? I guess getting pissed at a bar and watching and playing football games on the tele qualifies right? Even though he is indian and that may not represent the pinnacle of football, maybe if you get a chance to visit india you will see we have some solid football in the land of curry and cricket.


Don't appreciate your comments but I guess everyone has a right to their own opinion. Perhaps we can have a discussion on business and event organization at your next game- or maybe you can challenge me on an iq test (since you challenge my intelligence) and we can make it a duplays event?

Dxxxx'
Spugsy is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:48 am
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
Sandboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,094
Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ooh I think I've upset someone.....



dummy oot
Sandboy is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:53 am
  #3  
why ayeeeee man!
Thread Starter
 
Spugsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Disco Gardens...
Posts: 11,370
Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ooh I think I've upset someone.....

Originally Posted by Sandboy View Post


dummy oot
aye big time, and he seems to have a chip on his shoulder about himself and the ref being indian, as if that's got owt to do with it.
Spugsy is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:56 am
  #4  
Concierge
 
Blue Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 29,625
Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ooh I think I've upset someone.....

you daft get!! just ignore it so this footy is a business for someone is it? not just a knock around?
Blue Cat is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:58 am
  #5  
If I have to explain...
 
Roadking's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Where ever the road takes me
Posts: 3,999
Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ooh I think I've upset someone.....

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
....we play footy on a Monday night, its a good laugh but a total shambles the way it's run, some emails went round and I mentioned that this lot 'couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery', anyway we forwarded our email to him as we had some points to get across and mine was stuck int he middle, he must have read them all.....

'Hi xxx. We will make the changes. Please use the message board on the league page for posting scoring errors. Our admin is in charge of updating scores and occassionally we as humans make errors.


Spugsy - as for running a piss up a brewery. I appreciate your kind words. Considering we started this online concept 1 year ago with 10 people playing ultimate frisbee I guess we are numbnuts. If you have ever started a business on your own please let me know and I can advise you on the perils of entrepreneurship. I'm sure my parents would be happy to know that the 7 yrs of post secondary education doesn't qualify me to "run a piss up a brewery". As for our referee, he has an official registration from the indian national sports federation and has been refereeing for 20 yrs. How many years have you reffed? I guess getting pissed at a bar and watching and playing football games on the tele qualifies right? Even though he is indian and that may not represent the pinnacle of football, maybe if you get a chance to visit india you will see we have some solid football in the land of curry and cricket.


Don't appreciate your comments but I guess everyone has a right to their own opinion. Perhaps we can have a discussion on business and event organization at your next game- or maybe you can challenge me on an iq test (since you challenge my intelligence) and we can make it a duplays event?

Dxxxx'
Challenge him to run a piss up in a brewery and invite all the BE Bored members to attend and we'll give feedback....


If he can find a brewery!
Roadking is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:58 am
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
Chris79's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,575
Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ooh I think I've upset someone.....

Thats class!
Maybe if he spent less time writing notes like that and more time organising his 'piss up' it would be better.
I would love to be a fly on the wall for your next game.
Chris79 is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:59 am
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
 
Chris79's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,575
Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ooh I think I've upset someone.....

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
Challenge him to run a piss up in a brewery and invite all the BE Bored members to attend and we'll give feedback....


If he can find a brewery!
We could make one...... find an empty building and start brewing!!
I'll be the official tester
Chris79 is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:00 am
  #8  
why ayeeeee man!
Thread Starter
 
Spugsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Disco Gardens...
Posts: 11,370
Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ooh I think I've upset someone.....

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
you daft get!! just ignore it so this footy is a business for someone is it? not just a knock around?
he runs this footy league, but the referees don't know the rules and the pitch is appallingly bad, its in the middle of al quoz industrial estate where all the workers live, he just is upset a bit,

the stupid little get.
Spugsy is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:01 am
  #9  
why ayeeeee man!
Thread Starter
 
Spugsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Disco Gardens...
Posts: 11,370
Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ooh I think I've upset someone.....

Originally Posted by Chris79 View Post
Thats class!
Maybe if he spent less time writing notes like that and more time organising his 'piss up' it would be better.
I would love to be a fly on the wall for your next game.
it's tonight and I can't make it, which is a real shame.
Spugsy is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:06 am
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
Chris79's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,575
Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ooh I think I've upset someone.....

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
it's tonight and I can't make it, which is a real shame.
Gutted. Send a parcel with a babies dummy in it and say you found it asking is it his that he spat out!
Oh I wish I was going I could have fun with this guy!!
Chris79 is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:07 am
  #11  
If I have to explain...
 
Roadking's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Where ever the road takes me
Posts: 3,999
Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ooh I think I've upset someone.....

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
it's tonight and I can't make it, which is a real shame.
What's up....scared?



Roadking is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:09 am
  #12  
Concierge
 
Blue Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 29,625
Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ooh I think I've upset someone.....

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
he runs this footy league, but the referees don't know the rules and the pitch is appallingly bad, its in the middle of al quoz industrial estate where all the workers live, he just is upset a bit,

the stupid little get.
so why is he referring to it as a business?? do you pay him?
Blue Cat is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:10 am
  #13  
why ayeeeee man!
Thread Starter
 
Spugsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Disco Gardens...
Posts: 11,370
Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ooh I think I've upset someone.....

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
What's up....scared?



I'd love to go but got too much work on.

Still considering what to put in my reply to him....
Spugsy is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:11 am
  #14  
why ayeeeee man!
Thread Starter
 
Spugsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Disco Gardens...
Posts: 11,370
Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ooh I think I've upset someone.....

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
so why is he referring to it as a business?? do you pay him?
he runs the league, we pay AED 350 per night for the team, for one hours footy.
Spugsy is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:12 am
  #15  
Concierge
 
Blue Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 29,625
Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ooh I think I've upset someone.....

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
he runs the league, we pay AED 350 per night for the team, for one hours footy.
mmmm I wonder if he has a Trade Licence are his initials DH?
Blue Cat is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.