Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Online food ordering / delivery services

Online food ordering / delivery services

Old Jul 4th 2017, 7:04 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online food ordering / delivery services

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I didn't know Zomato was a charity.
And how dare a business that offers a service want to make a profit.

(As subtlety is way too difficult for many posters that is a dig at the poster before you. Seems everything has to be spelled out for the hard of understanding these days.)

Last edited by Meow; Jul 4th 2017 at 7:12 am.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 7:06 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
The thought of phoning someone and having to order food fills me with dread. Repeating words, repeating orders, misunderstanding each other etc etc etc....versus, a few clicks on an app?
THIS!!! is exactly the reason why I prefer apps. I hate trying to make myself understood to people who do not have a basic grasp of english/arabic and more importantly couldn't give a crap about service. If its not on an app in the ME, i rarely use the service.

Oh, and another thing while I'm ranting. The single biggest thing a vendor can do to upset me is let me order something on an app or website and then call to check details. The whole point of me using the internet is to avoid some fool getting between me and the system and screwing up my order. Think Souq and Sharaf DG are the worst offenders for this.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
And how (very) dare a business that offers a service want to make a profit.

(As subtlety is way too difficult for many posters that is a dig at the poster before you. Seems everything has to be spelled out for the hard of understanding these days.)
When did i state that? If you read and understood the subtlety in my writing, you would have a different view, but as a LL snowflake it can't be expected.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 7:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TheShed
THIS!!! is exactly the reason why I prefer apps. I hate trying to make myself understood to people who do not have a basic grasp of english/arabic and more importantly couldn't give a crap about service. If its not on an app in the ME, i rarely use the service.

Oh, and another thing while I'm ranting. The single biggest thing a vendor can do to upset me is let me order something on an app or website and then call to check details. The whole point of me using the internet is to avoid some fool getting between me and the system and screwing up my order. Think Souq and Sharaf DG are the worst offenders for this.
Yes, yes, yes.

I only use Washmen now because I schedule the dry-cleaning pick up and drop off to suit. They've never been late and whilst they're slightly more expensive, the fact it's consistent, without error and totally controlled through an app is bliss.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 7:52 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
When did i state that? If you read and understood the subtlety in my writing, you would have a different view, but as a LL snowflake it can't be expected.

Oh do stop all this LL snowflake stuff. It's tiresome and ridiculous.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 7:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
Oh do stop all this LL snowflake stuff. It's tiresome and ridiculous.
Yes and no.

It gives the far right a comfort that they're real people and actually on a spectrum. Joining in can help me feel better. I called a guy in the pub a Nazi-sympathising-bigoted-racist the other day when he called someone a snowflake.

**** it, if people want to throw labels around I'd rather be called a snowflake than have to admit to being a total ****.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, yes, yes.

I only use Washmen now because I schedule the dry-cleaning pick up and drop off to suit. They've never been late and whilst they're slightly more expensive, the fact it's consistent, without error and totally controlled through an app is bliss.
I have my dry cleaner on whatsapp.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

Joining in can help me f I called a guy in the pub a Nazi-sympathising-bigoted-racist the other day when he called someone a snowflake.
Lol bit extreme?
Old Jul 4th 2017, 8:00 am
Account Closed

I have my dry cleaner on whatsapp.
I get messages from job hunters on whatsapp. Swipe and block.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

what's a snowflake anyway?
Old Jul 4th 2017, 8:04 am
Account Closed

Dunno. First heard it when someone on my facebook shared a video of that blond bird who's been sacked by everyone and sued and hated since she posted loads of nasty videos on an American show. Tomi someone? Tomi Loren or Laren or something.

She went on a snowflake rant. Probably got IKnowNothing really, really hard.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dunno. First heard it when someone on my facebook shared a video of that blond bird who's been sacked by everyone and sued and hated since she posted loads of nasty videos on an American show. Tomi someone? Tomi Loren or Laren or something.

She went on a snowflake rant. Probably got IKnowNothing really, really hard.
I only heard (or saw?) it on here.

I need to get back on insta more.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 8:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ExpatAl
Lol bit extreme?
Nah, fight bullshit with bullshit I say...

I only heard (or saw?) it on here.

I need to get back on insta more.
That's the only other place I'd heard it.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

It used to be a Mumsnet favourite. Just saying...
Old Jul 4th 2017, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Generation Snowflake, or Snowflake Generation, is a neologistic term used to characterize the young adults of the 2010s as being more prone to taking offence and less resilient than previous generations, or as being too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own. The term is considered derogatory.[1][2] It is one of multiple examples of usage of the word "snowflake" to refer to people.

The term "snowflake" has been used to refer to children raised by their parents in ways that give them an inflated sense of their own uniqueness.[3][4][5] This usage of "snowflake" has been reported to originate from Chuck Palahniuk's 1996 novel Fight Club, and its 1999 film adaptation. Both the novel and the film include the line "You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake."[4][3][6] In January 2017, Palahniuk claimed credit for coining this usage of "snowflake", adding "Every generation gets offended by different things but my friends who teach in high school tell me that their students are very easily offended". Palahniuk referred to the young adults of the 2010s as exhibiting "a kind of new Victorianism.”[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake

In other words, young Corbyn voters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.