Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

One week holiday in June - where to go?

One week holiday in June - where to go?

Old Mar 29th 2017, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One week holiday in June - where to go?

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
The temples are neat, aren't they?
Been there done that eh?

Change your name to Alan Whicker will you?
Old Mar 29th 2017, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's a common quandary for those with a decent income and no bloodsucking wife (or exes) or spoilt children and plenty of leave I do have a bit of the wanderlust

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
Been there done that eh?

Change your name to Alan Whicker will you?
Old Mar 29th 2017, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Kakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of light

I haven't read all the thread, but I'll chip in with Croatia.

Fly Dubai to Zagreb is 4 hours. Take a hire car and head for the coast. I did it last year and based myself in Split. Great driving, fantastic scenery and history, laid back and affordable with great weather and beautiful beaches.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
https://www.playboyvacation.com/packages

Dominican Republic.

I watched a documentary about it. I never forget the line when one of the girls refused to sleep with the man... she said in broken English, "I'm not sleeping with him, his penis looks like a sweetcorn."

Still, I think it'll be right up for your street.

Mission, I understand that ladies go to Kenya.
err as much as i luv Kenya (me pops is from there) the menfolk just do not appeal me.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 12:17 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Although I quite like Morocco, nobody in their right mind would come to Africa if Europe is do-able. And even if you've been to Italy a dozen times, there are surely new places to explore, or excellent ones to return to.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 7:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I hear that Barnsley has its charms.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

The GR20 that crosses Corsica north to south might be interesting. June is a good time to go but you can only get half way in 7 days.
Have you tried kayaking? A tour around Isola di Giglio or along the Cinque Terre would be pleasant in June.

Last edited by philat98; Apr 3rd 2017 at 8:03 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

DXB you decided where you going yaar?
Old Apr 4th 2017, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98
The GR20 that crosses Corsica north to south might be interesting. June is a good time to go but you can only get half way in 7 days.
Have you tried kayaking? A tour around Isola di Giglio or along the Cinque Terre would be pleasant in June.

An excellent walk/climb/scramble...it's been c20 years but I seem to remember snow on the ground in May.
Old Apr 8th 2017, 10:08 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from 4 days in Naples / Sorrento / Amalfi coast.
Naples: Big, bustling, manic city -- not a touristic place (despite all the tourists), but interesting.
Sorrento: Touristic, and great for it.
Amalfi coast: stunning.

Great time, but I couldn't image doing it during "the season": early April was fine, but even so some of the congestion was difficult, and the general standard of driving was unbelievable. I've driven elsewhere in Italy -- and in North Africa, ME and parts of Asia -- but I've never experienced anything like Naples: really stressful.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

What about the UK?
Beautiful place, wonderful people. Salt of the earth. Long time since I've been there, but have great memories of Edinburgh, Glasgow and up the west coast.