Which one is safest?

Old Jan 14th 2013, 9:20 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which one is safest?

Originally Posted by Eeyore

I would also posit that needing to accelerate harder than usual to get onto a roundabout probably points to a lack of patience to wait for a proper gap... and no, you won't wait forever...
Back in 2006 on the Emirates Road roundabout into The Ranches you'd be there all night waiting for a safe gap to get across. I am a patient driver but that used to be like playing Russian roulette. For those who never experienced it, think of a mini-roundabout in the middle of the M25. Then add lorries hurtling along with bald tyres and brakes that don't work.

It's also nice to have a bit power to get out of the way of tail-gaters.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. In an accident, it is far better to accelerate out of the way (if you can) than brake.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 9:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
Exactly. In an accident, it is far better to accelerate out of the way (if you can) than brake.
Makes no difference to me. The time it takes for my car to drop a gear or two when I floor it would be enough time for the accident to happen, settle, police to arrive, arugments and arm waving. Then there'd be a clunk and it's finally found 3rd.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
maybe not in the head-on in a single lane tunnel/ underpass scenario.