Wikiposts

One day in Lebanon

Old Nov 29th 2011, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default One day in Lebanon

Ok kids,

If you had one day free in Lebanon- Beirut- what would you get up to? sightseeing- not interested in clubbing?

Anyone been?

Last edited by kittycat1; Nov 29th 2011 at 11:02 pm. Reason: crap typing as usual
Old Nov 29th 2011, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One day in Lebanon

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Ok kids,

If you had one day free in Lebanon- Beirut- what would you get up to? sightseeing- not interested in clubbing?

Anyone been?
Head to downtown Beruit at the Martyr's Place Souk el Barghout , great place to hang out and people watch , great bars and restaurants too.

Last edited by co durham boy; Nov 29th 2011 at 11:26 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've found Jeita Grotto which looks amazing but i have a bit of claustrophobia especially of being underground - has anyone seen 'The Descent'- scared the crap out of me- has anyone been and is it scary or feel small?

http://www.jeitagrotto.com/index.html
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:31 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

I've found Jeita Grotto which looks amazing but i have a bit of claustrophobia especially of being underground - has anyone seen 'The Descent'- scared the crap out of me- has anyone been and is it scary or feel small?

http://www.jeitagrotto.com/index.html
I've been - liked it - didn't find it scary. Worth seeing. There is also Harissa http://www.harissa.info/lady-of-lebanon.htm which has great views and is on the way to the Grotto and also Byblos (which is a very nice coastal town with ruins).

Baalbeck ruins and Bekka Valley are great but will take up your whole day.

Remember at this time of year it'll be COLD and maybe WET.

Best hang out near Martyrs Square, Downtown and especially Gamayze. Food, wines, bars, street life...
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Downtown shops, bars and restaurants. Walk along the corniche to pigeon rock. Beirut is about sitting in a cafe and watching life go by. Friday night in the Duke of Wellington off Hamara street.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:04 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok kids,

Anyone been?
go to Byblos and hit the beach, dip in the ocean, few beers - amazing.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Spugsy
go to Byblos and hit the beach, dip in the ocean, few beers - amazing.
Certainly go to Byblos if you want a day excursion from Beirut. I am not sure about hitting the beach in winter. Admire Peppy's fish restaurant but eat somewhere else. The food does not live up to the location.