Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night

OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night

Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night

Originally Posted by Leslie66
He still has to find somebody to sue. Was it the other guys fault and does the other guy have insurance? THOSE are the important questions.

yes and yes and i have the police report in my hand.....

And just bout to head for medical...
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
He still has to find somebody to sue. Was it the other guys fault and does the other guy have insurance? THOSE are the important questions.
Oh I'm sure he'll find some shit to pin on the guy...
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

madmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
yup, almost managed a incident free trip however.....

last night on way home from work, on my way to the bike shop to buy some more hideous accessories i stopped at a red light..

and a truck smashed into the back of me

and i smashed into the car in front of me

and he smashed into the car in front of him

Avis kindly informed me i am not insured.....(que 30 mins of frantic calls and expletives galore at poor avis woman...

hmmm there may be trouble ahead..

Ps the person in front as soon as the police came started feigning back spasms etc...totally theatrical but cant blame her i suppose

Today i have a cut arm, bruised knee and my neck is really hurting..

and my car is ****ed...

deep joy....

anyway ive always wanted to 'dial 911', yesterday i had the chance...twice

OMG so sorry to hear this - get well quick.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:17 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

This is a win win for you AA................

Right, first thing you have to do is delete all posts refering to your quiet quoffifng of Miller(?)..............

Next-you aint the lead wagon .Liability lies with the first in the queue who pranged..........you caught in the middle.Smokies????Off.Civil pursuit?....good for you.(Based on probability and not beyond reasonable doubt-so if they say-''Show me the Axa Policy.You say 'not on an Nacho Holiday.'

So.........think I read you flying back 'home' for Saturday?.........
Get into your business seat then do one-throw a wobbely all the way from Houston to AD/DXB ..........are you flying Delta?
Ask for a tempura pillow, 16 litres of Evian and your greatest sexual fantasy-not of course from the trolly dollies per se.
Don't forget to ask for a copy when disembarking.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
This is a win win for you AA................

Right, first thing you have to do is delete all posts refering to your quiet quoffifng of Miller(?)..............

Next-you aint the lead wagon .Liability lies with the first in the queue who pranged..........you caught in the middle.Smokies????Off.Civil pursuit?....good for you.(Based on probability and not beyond reasonable doubt-so if they say-''Show me the Axa Policy.You say 'not on an Nacho Holiday.'

So.........think I read you flying back 'home' for Saturday?.........
Get into your business seat then do one-throw a wobbely all the way from Houston to AD/DXB ..........are you flying Delta?
Ask for a tempura pillow, 16 litres of Evian and your greatest sexual fantasy-not of course from the trolly dollies per se.
Don't forget to ask for a copy when disembarking.
its all in hand.....
Old Mar 7th 2008, 2:32 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
in america?
Are you in the US? Have you checked if your credit card company covers car insurance?
Old Mar 7th 2008, 11:31 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

You can expect a wait of about 2 years to settle the claim
the lawyer will take 25%-50%

My suit against a company is at 15 months so far ...
Old Mar 7th 2008, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
You can expect a wait of about 2 years to settle the claim
the lawyer will take 25%-50%

My suit against a company is at 15 months so far ...
can take a similar amount of time in England but Contingency Fee Agreements are illegal in England. Solicitors are not allowed to take a percentage of the award.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

AA sue the butts off the barstewards and then get youself back to AD to your lovely girls, hope you are okay
Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:03 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yes AA it could have been a damn site worse, your safe, that's all that matters.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I am Jack's Medula Oblongata...
Old Mar 12th 2008, 6:30 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

So AA, someone posted the bail then?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 6:30 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eva
So AA, someone posted the bail then?
If not let me know, I am up in The Woodlands now so, if you need a translator to handle Harris Counties finest, I will be more than happy to help....!!!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:39 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
in UK.
accident implies nobody is to blame therefore they are now termed as RTC's.
So why did the police that attended the accident I was involved in last Friday in the UK keep talking about an RTA then?

(Some dozy cow smashed into the back of my car, at high speed, on the M25. Car a total write off & I have whiplash.)

Haven't read the whole thread so I hope you are OK Arbroath.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

im fine ta.. back home now..

You know its time to go home when on a Wednesday you have a RTA (or whatever its called) and then on Friday a car pulled up alongside me, (i was walking back to my hotel) and wound down the window, pointed a gun at me and asked for my money.....

more fool him

i flew home the next morning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.