British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/omg-someone-dial-911-rta-last-night-519602/)

arbroath_abroad Mar 6th 2008 3:30 pm

OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night
 
yup, almost managed a incident free trip however.....

last night on way home from work, on my way to the bike shop to buy some more hideous accessories i stopped at a red light..

and a truck smashed into the back of me

and i smashed into the car in front of me

and he smashed into the car in front of him

Avis kindly informed me i am not insured.....(que 30 mins of frantic calls and expletives galore at poor avis woman...

hmmm there may be trouble ahead..

Ps the person in front as soon as the police came started feigning back spasms etc...totally theatrical but cant blame her i suppose

Today i have a cut arm, bruised knee and my neck is really hurting..

and my car is ****ed...

deep joy....

anyway ive always wanted to 'dial 911', yesterday i had the chance...twice

Confucius Mar 6th 2008 3:34 pm

Re: OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night
 

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6026263)
yup, almost managed a incident free trip however.....

last night on way home from work, on my way to the bike shop to buy some more hideous accessories i stopped at a red light..

and a truck smashed into the back of me

and i smashed into the car in front of me

and he smashed into the car in front of him

Avis kindly informed me i am not insured.....(que 30 mins of frantic calls and expletives galore at poor avis woman...

hmmm there may be trouble ahead..

Ps the person in front as soon as the police came started feigning back spasms etc...totally theatrical but cant blame her i suppose

Today i have a cut arm, bruised knee and my neck is really hurting..

and my car is ****ed...

deep joy....

anyway ive always wanted to 'dial 911', yesterday i had the chance...twice

Johnny Cochran would be happy to be that woman's lawyer...

Inselaffen Mar 6th 2008 3:36 pm

Re: OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night
 
The correct term is an RTC - Road Traffic Collision.

arbroath_abroad Mar 6th 2008 3:36 pm

Re: OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night
 

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6026285)
The correct term is an RTC - Road Traffic Collision.

in america?

Confucius Mar 6th 2008 3:37 pm

Re: OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night
 

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6026289)
in america?

The correct term is US...

arbroath_abroad Mar 6th 2008 3:38 pm

Re: OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night
 

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6026293)
The correct term is US...

no, its US of A

Inselaffen Mar 6th 2008 3:38 pm

Re: OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night
 

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6026289)
in america?

in UK.
accident implies nobody is to blame therefore they are now termed as RTC's.

arbroath_abroad Mar 6th 2008 3:39 pm

Re: OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night
 

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6026300)
in UK.
accident implies nobody is to blame therefore they are now termed as RTC's.

thanks for the interesting info....:D

shakh your bootie Mar 6th 2008 3:39 pm

Re: OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night
 

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6026297)
no, its US of A

how the f e c k can they rent you a car without insurance??????

Sue their butts....

Inselaffen Mar 6th 2008 3:44 pm

Re: OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night
 

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6026303)
thanks for the interesting info....:D

my pleasure!
used to handle Personal Injury Claims for 6 months so had to drag info out of the plod on crashes where our clients had been injured.

arbroath_abroad Mar 6th 2008 3:45 pm

Re: OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night
 

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6026304)
how the f e c k can they rent you a car without insurance??????

Sue their butts....

now we are talking, EXACTLY...they said i ticked no,no,no to all the different options...

I then made a call to my friend (a US lawyer) who called back and informed me that unless you produced at the time of hiring a copy of your own insurance certificate then they MUST insure you

I obviously never produced the above at the time of hiring...

eventually they spoke to the old bill, or Hank and said that i need to produce some third party indemnity certificate..

All this is going on whilst the woman in the car in front is now rolling on the ground having a pretend seizure:D


its not too much of a problem as the truck driver has admitted liability to the fuzz..maybe i should go to A&E....where there is blame, there is a claim

shakh your bootie Mar 6th 2008 3:50 pm

Re: OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night
 

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6026329)
now we are talking, EXACTLY...they said i ticked no,no,no to all the different options...

I then made a call to my friend (a US lawyer) who called back and informed me that unless you produced at the time of hiring a copy of your own insurance certificate then they MUST insure you

I obviously never produced the above at the time of hiring...

eventually they spoke to the old bill, or Hank and said that i need to produce some third party indemnity certificate..

All this is going on whilst the woman in the car in front is now rolling on the ground having a pretend seizure:D


its not too much of a problem as the truck driver has admitted liability to the fuzz..maybe i should go to A&E....where there is blame, there is a claim

Defo - i've heard you can claim gazillions in the US for RTC's that aren't your fault.....

Confucius Mar 6th 2008 3:51 pm

Re: OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night
 

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6026352)
Defo - i've heard you can claim gazillions in the US for RTC's that aren't your fault.....

Aye...We don;'t have any ambulance chasing lawyers in UAE???

arbroath_abroad Mar 6th 2008 3:52 pm

Re: OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night
 

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6026352)
Defo - i've heard you can claim gazillions in the US for RTC's that aren't your fault.....

ive heard similar, but TBH i dont know where to even start...

apart from go to the hospital

shakh your bootie Mar 6th 2008 3:54 pm

Re: OMG someone dial 911 was in a RTA last night
 

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6026370)
ive heard similar, but TBH i dont know where to even start...

apart from go to the hospital

Post a question on the American sub-forum, bet someone will help ya out.


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:50 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.