Ollie

Old Feb 7th 2018, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ollie

New neighbours have complained about Ollie, landlord saying Ollie has gotta go.

Options:
1. Dr Zim and the lethal jab
2. 611
3. Ignore the neighbour and landlord even though i'm in a clear breach of my agreement (as are about 10 others in the building)
4. Move

#PrayForOllie
Old Feb 7th 2018, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ollie

Originally Posted by Millhouse

Options:
2. 611
3. Ignore the neighbour and landlord even though i'm in a clear breach of my agreement (as are about 10 others in the building)
4. Move

#PrayForOllie
You wouldn't be the first nor will you be the last in this situation. If it's in your contract that no pets are allowed you have no grounds. That there are other pet owners in your building is irrelevant because it's your neighbour, not their neighbour, who complained and as such you have a problem they don't.

How much longer do you have on your lease? If it's a short period you may be able to board the dog (or bluff your way) till the lease expires and move.

If you genuinely want to keep the dog you will need to move. Do you have friends who could take Ollie for a while? Try the bluffing/ignoring tactic as long as possible till your lease ends. I'd also look up rescue groups online as they may have supporters who could foster your dog for the period you have till you move. But they will also be sceptical as there's too many cases of dump and run cases, so if you can back yourself up with some nice donations that could ease fears.

Does the landlord have other apartments in the building you can swap with, to get away from the new neighbours?

I am sorry. It's an unpleasant situation. In this part of the world too many Muslims despise dogs and having them in proximity. Which is why one should always be careful about lease and pet clauses.

Last edited by DXBtoDOH; Feb 7th 2018 at 12:06 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Options:
2. 611
4. Move

#PrayForOllie
1 - Seems a bit extreme.

2 - Someone else might find, keep and love him. Could convince yourself he's happier and won't have the guilt of 1.

3. Definitely worth it for a while, surely? How's long left on the contract?

4. Moving (assuming 120,000 rent) = 6000 in fees, 6000 in deposit, 3000 (roughly) in removals, 2000 in incidentals = 17,000 Cost to move. That's a lot of money to spend to keep a dog, will you find something similar very quickly that allows pets? What if the LL insists you get rid of the dog immediately today, kennels can't be cheap?

What about option 5: Sell him?
Option 6: Permanent kennels and visit him like he's in a old peoples home?
Old Feb 7th 2018, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Which is why one should always be careful about lease and pet clauses.
I wonder if it's on the standard one you get off the tinterweb....
Old Feb 7th 2018, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I wonder if it's on the standard one you get off the tinterweb....
No, it's not automatically included. You must always ensure it's included when reviewing the lease AND make sure the building owners allow pets. All my leases explicitly had this stated at my insistence.

Rule of thumb: Emaar properties allow pets, Nakheel do not.

Of course there are many "no-pet" buildings that have pets and I even once saw a notice in a building elevator saying that if people didn't clean up after their pets then the management would be forced to enforce the no-pet clause in their contracts.... but you have no recourse if there's a sudden enforcement.

Millhouse, you need to move to Downtown or the Greens.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

No, it's not automatically included. You must always ensure it's included when reviewing the lease AND make sure the building owners allow pets. All my leases explicitly had this stated at my insistence.

Of course there are many "no-pet" buildings that have pets and I even once saw a notice in a building elevator saying that if people didn't clean up after their pets then the management would be forced to enforce the no-pet clause in their contracts.... but you have no recourse if there's a sudden enforcement.

Ours are starting to enforce the no pets thing, or at least give people a hard time for it. It's a shame for the majority who are capable of cleaning their dog's piss up when they go in the lift.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

1 - Seems a bit extreme.

2 - Someone else might find, keep and love him. Could convince yourself he's happier and won't have the guilt of 1.
PTS is far, far more humane than letting a confused animal die of dehydration or get hit by a car. Which may in itself cause a major accident.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 1:24 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Statement above is not true. Nakheel allow dogs in the Palm Apartments and Frank is welcomed with open arms at Barrel 12 which is a Nakheel F&B Pub . #lovepalmlife
Old Feb 7th 2018, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Deffo going down the ignoring route for as long as possible. Going to try and chat with the new neighbours - am obviously going to have to complain about their kids and smoking as it upsets my dog.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 1:43 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

In this part of the world too many Muslims despise dogs and having them in proximity.
I would have to disagree with that mate, I myself have been a dog owner and actually would rather keep a dog than a cat (I hate cats!) and of all the people I know who are Muslims, I would say generally 50-60% have either kept dogs or have dogs or dont mind dogs at all. Btw on a technical point, in Islam you are actually allowed to keep a dog as long as you have a large enough area around your house where he can roam freely etc. So yeah, maybe a house with a lawn works. I know in this situation of living in apartments that doesnt apply but I just wanted to point out that not all Muslims hate dogs. Btw, one cannot say his/her prayers if his hands or his clothes have touched an animal (any animal, not just dogs), so thats why you see most Muslims shying away from a dog because they are afraid that they will have to change clothes later, which in my opinion is just called being lazy. A dog is the best friend a man can have and there is no such thing as the pure love and trust you find in a dogs eyes. I love petting and playing with dogs and if in that process my clothes get 'touched', well then ill just change them before my next prayer. But I guess thats me! ok rant over
Millhouse does Ollie bark a lot (ofcourse dogs bark I know ) but if its due to his sounds spilling out etc maybe you can look at sound proofing options which ought to be cheaper then moving, ofcourse you ought to love your flat quiet a lot to do something like that.
Edited to say that Horses / Camels i.e. animals which one rides does not apply to the touched by animals rule.....I think.

Last edited by Irishbeekeeper; Feb 7th 2018 at 2:02 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I would have to disagree with that mate, I myself have been a dog owner and actually would rather keep a dog than a cat (I hate cats!) and of all the people I know who are Muslims, I would say generally 50-60% have either kept dogs or have dogs or dont mind dogs at all. Btw on a technical point, in Islam you are actually allowed to keep a dog as long as you have a large enough area around your house where he can roam freely etc. So yeah, maybe a house with a lawn works. I know in this situation of living in apartments that doesnt apply but I just wanted to point out that not all Muslims hate dogs. Btw, one cannot say his/her prayers if his hands or his clothes have touched an animal (any animal, not just dogs), so thats why you see most Muslims shying away from a dog because they are afraid that they will have to change clothes later, which in my opinion is just called being lazy. A dog is the best friend a man can have and there is no such thing as the pure love and trust you find in a dogs eyes. I love petting and playing with dogs and if in that process my clothes get 'touched', well then ill just change them before my next prayer. But I guess thats me! ok rant over
Millhouse does Ollie bark a lot (ofcourse dogs bark I know ) but if its due to his sounds spilling out etc maybe you can look at sound proofing options which ought to be cheaper then moving, ofcourse you ought to love your flat quiet a lot to do something like that.
It could be noise. He sleeps on the balcony a lot at the moment and will bark if he hears something. His balcony time is over I think.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 3:37 am
Account Closed

It could be noise. He sleeps on the balcony a lot at the moment and will bark if he hears something. His balcony time is over I think.
Try that for a bit and see if they follow up. If they can't see or hear him, they might think you've got rid.

THEN start slamming in loads of noise complaints about them.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Try that for a bit and see if they follow up. If they can't see or hear him, they might think you've got rid.

THEN start slamming in loads of noise complaints about them.
Yup. I emailed the landlord to tell them I’ve spoken to neighbour to apologise and have made alternative arrangements for the dog. I implied the dog will be put down. Couldn’t resist.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 3:52 am
Account Closed

Yup. I emailed the landlord to tell them I’ve spoken to neighbour to apologise and have made alternative arrangements for the dog. I implied the dog will be put down. Couldn’t resist.
Poor little Ollie, no idea that's he's been pretend put down.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 8:13 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
There doesn't seem to be one consistent opinion about MOST things in MOST religions

N.
FTFY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.