British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   oh not again....the Fridge (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/oh-not-again-fridge-561166/)

Spugsy Sep 12th 2008 8:30 pm

oh not again....the Fridge

I bought a bloody fridge 6 months agom, after 3 months it went tits up, blokes said they were coming every day for a week, tehy lied, I shouted, nothing happened - eventually it got fixed, the bloke ran gme up last week as a foolow up call and I told him that it was 'unnacaeptable, appalling and downright shit service'.

My fridge has gone tits up again as of yesterday and I need to call him back now,

is it worth me going to carrefour where I bought it from and shouting at them?? If this was England Im sure I'd have a new fridge instead of it getting fixed,.....

gah! any ideas?

Cleopatra Sep 12th 2008 8:34 pm

Re: oh not again....the Fridge

shout and scream and then say - you want it fixed.

Is there a trading standards equivelent over there? or am I sooooo wrong?

Eva Sep 12th 2008 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Cleopatra (Post 6777813)
shout and scream and then say - you want it fixed.

Is there a trading standards equivelent over there? or am I sooooo wrong?

You are a nice person, thought process is logical
but here?............delusional

Cleopatra Sep 12th 2008 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 6777880)
You are a nice person, thought process is logical
but here?............delusional

sounds about right.

thank you

The Dean Sep 12th 2008 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6777797)
I bought a bloody fridge 6 months agom, after 3 months it went tits up, blokes said they were coming every day for a week, tehy lied, I shouted, nothing happened - eventually it got fixed, the bloke ran gme up last week as a foolow up call and I told him that it was 'unnacaeptable, appalling and downright shit service'.

My fridge has gone tits up again as of yesterday and I need to call him back now,

is it worth me going to carrefour where I bought it from and shouting at them?? If this was England Im sure I'd have a new fridge instead of it getting fixed,.....

gah! any ideas?

Wait till you get a gas leak - and watch the nice man searching for the source of the leak....... with a lighted match............

benzonar Sep 12th 2008 9:06 pm

What brand is it so I know to avoid

Vimto Sep 12th 2008 9:14 pm

The toll free number of UAE Ministry of Economy’s Department of Consumer Protection where you can register a consumer complaint in the UAE is 600522225

Eva Sep 12th 2008 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Vimto (Post 6777947)
The toll free number of UAE Ministry of Economy’s Department of Consumer Protection where you can register a consumer complaint in the UAE is 600522225

You are a bundle of larfs ................

Spugsy Sep 12th 2008 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 6777910)
What brand is it so I know to avoid

samsung, never ever again for us, they can **** off.

Spugsy Sep 12th 2008 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Vimto (Post 6777947)

ah may give them a bell then, ta.

Eva Sep 12th 2008 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6777967)
ah may give them a bell then, ta.

You typed that..and you know you so won't

Pants on fire.................

Fairydust Sep 13th 2008 3:50 am

Don't know what it is with electrical items here they don't seem to last at all we've been here 5 years now and in that time have gone through 3 washing machines, 2 fridges, 2 hoovers and 3 irons - all of which were decent brands - I personally think its something to do with the electrical supply???????????? Oh and 3 kettles and 2 dishwashers, which now I've written it down is completely outrageous!!

Spugsy Sep 13th 2008 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 6778787)
Don't know what it is with electrical items here they don't seem to last at all we've been here 5 years now and in that time have gone through 3 washing machines, 2 fridges, 2 hoovers and 3 irons - all of which were decent brands - I personally think its something to do with the electrical supply???????????? Oh and 3 kettles and 2 dishwashers, which now I've written it down is completely outrageous!!

maybe because through the day teh kitchen is hot? or at least warm?

Charismatic Sep 13th 2008 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6777797)
any ideas?

You are obviously new to this game, call up the local manager and shout at him. Tell him if you have to call again you'll be in touch with the regional manager etc.

IndieG Sep 13th 2008 7:12 am

We've been through umpteen vaccum cleaners - so we now just buy the disposable variety - they last over a year and you just chuck it away.

Our fridge, dishwasher is 14 years old and hasn't been serviced even once (Ariston), but it probably has something to do with the fact they were provided by the building ("fully fitted kitchen"). My washing machine is 6 and again no problem.