British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Oh no, not holiday snaps !! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/oh-no-not-holiday-snaps-535964/)

MacScot May 12th 2008 10:48 am

Oh no, not holiday snaps !!

1 Attachment(s)
I've started this thread so we can share in some of our memorable holiday snaps ! No, it's not boring. I'll start...

Here's me in Mykonos, sipping a cold beer with my friendly neighbourhood Shirley Valentine (came for week and was still there 6 months later) and waiting for the sun to go down for a spectacular red sunset; and, before you ask, no I didn't.

Now let's see your memorable or halcyon day snap.....and give a little spiel !

admon May 12th 2008 10:50 am

Re: Oh no, not holiday snaps !!

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 6339261)
I've started this thread so we can share in some of our memorable holiday snaps ! No, it's not boring. I'll start...

Here's me in Mykonos, sipping a cold beer with my friendly neighbourhood Shirley Valentine (came for week and was still there 6 months later) and waiting for the sun to go down for a spectacular red sunset; and, before you ask, no I didn't.

really?

MataHari May 12th 2008 10:51 am

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 6339261)

this must be about 25 years ago...

littlejimmy May 12th 2008 11:00 am

Did the giant spiders scare you?

MacScot May 12th 2008 11:06 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6339279)
this must be about 25 years ago...

Halcyon days tend to be .. but not 25 just 20 years ago, though that's splitting hairs !

MacScot May 12th 2008 11:06 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 6339272)
really?

Can't you find a photo?

MataHari May 12th 2008 11:07 am

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 6339328)
Halcyon days tend to be .. but not 25 just 20 years ago, though that's splitting hairs !

what's a Halcyon...

lionheart May 12th 2008 11:09 am

I have been to the Greek Islands fifteen times but always found Mykonos to be windy, arid and full of gays. Much prefer the greenery on Skiathos, Cephalonia, Skopolos and Zakynthos...just watch Captain Correlli's Mandolin filmed mostly on Cephalonia and you will hopefully agree...not a bad flick too.

MacScot May 12th 2008 11:11 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6339339)
what's a Halcyon...

denotes a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful, usually referred to as the 'best days of your life'.

MacScot May 12th 2008 11:12 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6339345)
I have been to the Greek Islands fifteen times but always found Mykonos to be windy, arid and full of gays. Much prefer the greenery on Skiathos, Cephalonia, Skopolos and Zakynthos...just watch Captain Correlli's Mandolin filmed mostly on Cephalonia and you will hopefully agree...not a bad flick too.

Agree, it was dry but not windswept when I was there. Dying to go back to some of the greener islands for a holiday .

MataHari May 12th 2008 11:12 am

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 6339351)
denotes a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful, usually referred to as the 'best days of your life'.

oh right...those are still to come I hope

littlejimmy May 12th 2008 11:13 am

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 6339351)

Mine are yet to happen...

MataHari May 12th 2008 11:14 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 6339357)
Mine are yet to happen...

scary...

MacScot May 12th 2008 11:15 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6339356)
oh right...those are still to come I hope

You and Little Jimmy must be living a sheltered life if you haven't had a halcyon moment and still waiting for one !

MataHari May 12th 2008 11:16 am

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 6339368)
You and Little Jimmy must be living a sheltered life if you haven't had a halcyon moment and still waiting for one !

no...I think it would be sadder if you think the best has been already