British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The 'Official' Abu Dhabi Takeaway Guide (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/official-abu-dhabi-takeaway-guide-575947/)

Bison Nov 30th 2008 5:44 am

The 'Official' Abu Dhabi Takeaway Guide

Same applies as in the Dubai guide, only this is for you Abu Dhabi lot.

And here is one to get your tastebuds flowing.
  • Lebanese Flower - Amazing Lebo food, the mixed grills are huge and tasty, you will definately be stuffed, all the salad and accompaniments are very fresh and crispy and you have to try the mad fruit smoothies!! I have one nearly everytime I am in AD and it's really good value for money, they will also deliver all over the city, Bison rating 9/10

Bison

twinkle-star Nov 30th 2008 5:46 am

Re: The 'Official' Abu Dhabi Takeaway Guide

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7022395)

• Lebanese Flower - Amazing Lebo food, the mixed grills are huge and tasty, you will definately be stuffed, all the salad and acompanyments are very fresh and crispy and you have to try the mad fruit smoothies!! I have one nearly everytime I am in AD and it's really good value for money, they will also deliver all over the city, Bison rating 9/10

Bison

Never tried Lebanese or Arabic food?? only been here 3 years ...:lol:

Spugsy Nov 30th 2008 5:49 am

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 7022398)
Never tried Lebanese or Arabic food?? only been here 3 years ...:lol:

you should do, it's pretty good - just loads of grilled chicken, kebabs etc with grilled veggies basically - ace.

Bison Nov 30th 2008 5:50 am

Never tried Lebanese or Arabic food?? only been here 3 years ...
Well Lebanese Flower is a great place to start, I highly reccomend it.

Bison

Blue Cat Nov 30th 2008 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7022403)
you should do, it's pretty good - just loads of grilled chicken, kebabs etc with grilled veggies basically - ace.

Arayes are my favourite and Lamb Chops :thumbup:

Bambi in Abu Dhabi Nov 30th 2008 6:11 am

Maroush

Middle Eastern food, similar to Lebanese Flower. Also nice for Friday brunch when the weather is cooler and you can sit outside. In between the British Embassy and the Chamber of Commerce. Very cheap.

commander Nov 30th 2008 7:06 am

jab-al noor in KCA do a magic mixed grill. The 70AED one will feed a small army

twinkle-star Nov 30th 2008 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7022407)
Well Lebanese Flower is a great place to start, I highly reccomend it.

Bison

well if anyone wants to treat me just send me a PM ...;)

Bison Nov 30th 2008 8:36 am

well if anyone wants to treat me just send me a PM ...
Your in Abu Dhabi though . . . . :(

commander Nov 30th 2008 8:48 am

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 7022590)
well if anyone wants to treat me just send me a PM ...;)

send me your cats and ill prepare us a curry..

and im in Abu Dhabi..

ctfc Nov 30th 2008 9:22 am

Great recommendation, can also vouch for excellent food though the garlic sauce will keep vampires at bay in at least a 10km radius (and anyone else you were intent on snogging).

Address and phone number are usually useful parts of a recommendation: there are three branches in AD, one on Khalidiya Street behind Al Muhairy and Choithram (02 666 9928), one on Defense Road (02 642 4208) and another one somewhere else - I have no idea where...

commander Nov 30th 2008 9:27 am

Originally Posted by ctfc (Post 7022678)
Great recommendation, can also vouch for excellent food though the garlic sauce will keep vampires at bay in at least a 10km radius (and anyone else you were intent on snogging).

Address and phone number are usually useful parts of a recommendation: there are three branches in AD, one on Khalidiya Street behind Al Muhairy and Choithram (02 666 9928), one on Defense Road (02 642 4208) and another one somewhere else - I have no idea where...

so is telling us what restaurant you are referring too

al dente Nov 30th 2008 9:29 am

Tandoori Corner - right on airport road just south east of 13th. Great curry. 35 minute for delivery.

02 445 8686

1 onion bhaji is, in fact, 6 HUGE onion bhajis, so don't do what we did and end up with a dozen.

ctfc Nov 30th 2008 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7022683)
so is telling us what restaurant you are referring too

Fair point - meant to quote...

• Lebanese Flower - Amazing Lebo food, the mixed grills are huge and tasty, you will definately be stuffed, all the salad and accompaniments are very fresh and crispy and you have to try the mad fruit smoothies!! I have one nearly everytime I am in AD and it's really good value for money, they will also deliver all over the city, Bison rating 9/10

Bison

twinkle-star Nov 30th 2008 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7022612)
send me your cats and ill prepare us a curry..

and im in Abu Dhabi..

you are just sooooo cruel .........:mad:

wheres all ya left over turkey from thanksgiving??;)

twinkle-star Nov 30th 2008 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by ctfc (Post 7023002)
Fair point - meant to quote...

Do they deliver?? Ive heard they dont serve booze there???:blink:

weescot Nov 30th 2008 2:21 pm

Bison

I agree. Lebanese Flower takes a lot of beating in terms of quality and value for money. their spit roast chicken is the best ever. delivery times vary - but usually an hour.

twinkle-star Nov 30th 2008 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 7023171)
I agree. Lebanese Flower takes a lot of beating in terms of quality and value for money. their spit roast chicken is the best ever. delivery times vary - but usually an hour.

Ohhh I dont think i could eat any more chicken for a while been eating left over turkey for years. ....:ohmy:

Karlos The Jackal Nov 30th 2008 6:41 pm

Got to admit Tandoori Corner is first class for an Indian !

Il Forno on 7th, two minutes from my abode do top class Pizza !

And the chicken place further down does a fantastic spicy chicken for 22dhm !

twinkle-star Nov 30th 2008 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal (Post 7023640)
Got to admit Tandoori Corner is first class for an Indian !

Il Forno on 7th, two minutes from my abode do top class Pizza !

And the chicken place further down does a fantastic spicy chicken for 22dhm !

Is that what its called ?? the chicken place ..:lol:

Karlos The Jackal Nov 30th 2008 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 7023647)
Is that what its called ?? the chicken place ..:lol:

Do you think i take notice Twink?

It is round the corner and the chicken is good, I will have a look next time !

It maybe called Food King !

twinkle-star Nov 30th 2008 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal (Post 7023650)
Do you think i take notice Twink?

It is round the corner and the chicken is good, I will have a look next time !

It maybe called Food King !

Oh dont worry on my account still chonking my way through leftover turkey:(
Going home soon before xmas anyway ...its will be all English indian and propper chinese ...fish and chips ....YUM!

Karlos The Jackal Nov 30th 2008 6:52 pm

I really want to open a proper 'English' kebab shop, bottom of seventh near Le meridian !

The elephants leg in the window would go down a storm with extra chilli sauce!

I would kill for a kebab and a chicken naga from The Balti House in Cas !

Foxes Dec 1st 2008 4:08 am

any reccomendations for good restaurents/home delivery places in Khalidiya ? am open to all types of foods not fussy - have just moved in and got family with big appetites from uk coming over for holiday period so need to be able to keep them sweet !!

id love to have a reccomnedation for a good turkish/grill place if poss ?! thanks, foxes

al dente Dec 1st 2008 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Foxes (Post 7024849)
any reccomendations for good restaurents/home delivery places in Khalidiya ? am open to all types of foods not fussy - have just moved in and got family with big appetites from uk coming over for holiday period so need to be able to keep them sweet !!

id love to have a reccomnedation for a good turkish/grill place if poss ?! thanks, foxes

If you read the thread properly, it points out the Leb Flower place in Khalidiya! We get a 1kg mixed grill for 4 adults and 2 children and that fills us all up. Tandoori corner will deliver to you. I also use Royal Orchid from the Hilton for chinese.

In Khalidiya Mall there are loads of cheaper take out places, opposed to delivery and also a Mexican called Cantina or summat. I thought it mediocre but others have had better experiences.

Foxes Dec 1st 2008 4:45 am

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 7024887)
If you read the thread properly, it points out the Leb Flower place in Khalidiya! We get a 1kg mixed grill for 4 adults and 2 children and that fills us all up. Tandoori corner will deliver to you. I also use Royal Orchid from the Hilton for chinese.

In Khalidiya Mall there are loads of cheaper take out places, opposed to delivery and also a Mexican called Cantina or summat. I thought it mediocre but others have had better experiences.

Many Thanks Al dente - Do you have phone numbers for these recs ?

al dente Dec 1st 2008 5:06 am

Originally Posted by ctfc (Post 7022678)
one on Khalidiya Street behind Al Muhairy and Choithram (02 666 9928), one on Defense Road (02 642 4208) and another one somewhere else - I have no idea where...

is the leb flower details

Royal orchid is 02 692 4150

and i had tandoori corner's number on this thread somewhere..

Foxes Dec 3rd 2008 4:44 pm

muchos gracias Al dente !

Norm_uk Dec 4th 2008 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7022403)

In other words it's all nicked from the Greeks except they will give you a diabetes inducing sugar filled fruit drink instead of some decent wine :)

N.

Tiger989 Dec 4th 2008 9:46 pm

Arabic Food:

Best Shawerma:

Restaurant Name: Abu Saeed
Location: Abu Dhabi, Tourist Club, near blood bank, on the same line of Maroosh and Lebanese Flower.
Cleanness: 7/10
Eat In: Not recommended
Take Away: Very good service and no ques ups, unfortunately no delivery service yet.
My recommendations: Meat Shawerma on either Arabic Nan or the SAJ (simply amazing)

Best Grill Mix:

Restaurant Name: Lebanese Flower
1)Abu Dhabi, Tourist Club, near blood bank, on the same line of Maroosh and Abu Saeed.
2)Abu Dhabi, Khaldiya, you can miss it, its in the back between Choitram, KM and Muhairi Centre.
3)Abu Dhabi, Defense Road just after the Wahda mall signal.
Cleanness: 8/10
Eat In: Recommended, also available family sections.
Take Away: Very good service and heavy ques ups in weekends, delivery service not so bad when not busy.
My recommendations: Sandwiches from the inside, ask for Shish Tawook Grilled or Chicken with vegetables. Also Recommended Meat Tika Sandwiches on Arabic Nan or you can try the Lebanese sandwiches such as falafel with Tahini or if you want something new, Lsanat or Sujuq or Kidneys.
Summary: Lebanese flower is known for its mix grill and sandwiches, its shawerma quality is just going down every day.

Restaurant Name: Muroosh
1)Abu Dhabi, Tourist Club, near blood bank, on the same line of Lebanese Flower and Abu Saeed.
2)Abu Dhabi, Corniche between AIDA building and Chamber of Commerce building.
Eat In: Recommended, only in the corniche branch, as he has outdoors seats.
Take Away: Very moody place hard to predict when its busy or not.
My recommendations: Similar philosophy from Lebanese flower. Maroosh and Lebanese flower always compete.

Pastries:
Restaurant Name: Karakas
1)Abu Dhabi, Khaldiya, just before the Adnoc petrol station near Jumbo.
Eat In: Unfortunately no eat in is available
Take Away: Busy in weekends
Cleanness: Very clean although it looks like a dodgy restaurant.
Pick and choose from his various menu, beautiful pastries, a bit expensive but worth it.

NOTE:
Will put some more when I'm bothered, if you want something specific pm I got so many more places.