Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Obama to visit West Ham...

Obama to visit West Ham...

Old Mar 31st 2009, 4:26 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Obama to visit West Ham...

The most powerful man on earth knows his stuff......

UNITED STATES President Barack Obama is to make a secret visit to Upton Park to meet manager Gianfranco Zola and some of the West Ham players, the Recorder understands.

The newly-elected President is in London this week for the G20 summit, and as it is being held just up the road at the ExCel Centre in Docklands, he has decided to take time out from the world's economic woes to visit the Green Street club.

President Obama's allegiance to the Hammers became public knowledge during his election campaign, when it was revealed that he had relations in Kent who supported the East end club.

On a visit to his half-sister Auma back in 2003, Obama actually attended a game at Upton Park.

On his election as Pres-ident, West Ham invited him to pay the club a visit on his next trip to Britain and it appears that he will take up that offer this week.

A West Ham insider told the Recorder: "We have all been told that the President is coming and some of his enormous bodyguards have been down to look around the stadium for security purposes.

"We have all been sworn to secrecy, but this sort of thing always gets out, and we are not sure exactly when he is going to arrive anyway. We've been told to keep the kettle on just in case."

The President will be shown round the stadium by US international Jonathan Spector, who, like Obama, hails from Chicago.

He will also be shown around the club shop, although in the current economic climate, he will apparently only be offered a 10 per cent discount on anything he wishes to purchase.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

boroboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Obama to visit West Ham...

maybe he wants a curry
Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

Just another gloryhunter...
Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bimcnorth View Post
Just another gloryhunter...
you mean Bangles the Cheshire Hammer?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:13 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen View Post
you mean Bangles the Cheshire Hammer?
i was born there in passing.....hardly makes me a 'Cheshire 'Ammer....

still i suppose I have more right to have supported Man U than 99% of their fans who were born nowhere near the place.....

so whats it like Inse in the Far East and in the Man U fans heartland ??
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan View Post
i was born there in passing.....hardly makes me a 'Cheshire 'Ammer....

still i suppose I have more right to have supported Man U than 99% of their fans who were born nowhere near the place.....

so whats it like Inse in the Far East and in the Man U fans heartland ??
surprisingly here in singapore there are probably slightly more Vermin (Liverpool) supporters than United supporters.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

some of his enormous bodyguards have been down to look around the stadium

More details please..............
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:36 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Inselaffen View Post
surprisingly here in singapore there are probably slightly more Vermin (Liverpool) supporters than United supporters.
Man U and Liverpool fans.....sounds like a fcking plague of vermin to me
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:36 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
some of his enormous bodyguards have been down to look around the stadium

More details please..............
i will ask the newspaper reporter to elaborate for you
Old Apr 1st 2009, 4:13 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a premature April Fools prank.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

with Carlton Cole injured he might get a run out this weekend!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Obama is a mackem, he wants to see Sunderland at the weekend
Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:18 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Sandboy View Post
Obama is a mackem, he wants to see Sunderland thrashed at the weekend
corrected your typo mate...
Old Apr 1st 2009, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan View Post
corrected your typo mate...
bookmarked
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:36 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Sandboy View Post
bookmarked
bring it on....