Wikiposts

Obama

Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:19 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obama

Shiva,

We will restore science to its rightful place, and wield technology's wonders to raise health care's quality and lower its cost. We will harness the sun and the winds and the soil to fuel our cars and run our factories"

perhapsa this if he gets a peace accord in the ME

"T[B]o the Muslim world, we seek a new way forward, based on mutual interest and mutual respect. To those leaders around the globe who seek to sow conflict, or blame their society's ills on the West - know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy[/B]. To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history; but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist."

Yes j'agree....bold statements.I really hope he pulls them off.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:40 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Shiva,

We will restore science to its rightful place, and wield technology's wonders to raise health care's quality and lower its cost. We will harness the sun and the winds and the soil to fuel our cars and run our factories"

perhapsa this if he gets a peace accord in the ME
If they really do harness the sun, winds and soil to fuel their cars oil prices will drop further and it will cause a lot of instability in the region - especially when the wealthy despots who run it start running out of money to keep their people entertained and distracted...

N.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:44 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
autocue, non...??

MM, xx
Agree totally...of course he was reading from autocues to his left and right. That is why when he made his speech he never looked straight ahead when talking. If you look at shots before the speech ...you can see the two autocues.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 2:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

autocue, non...??

MM, xx
Originally Posted by Confucius
I like to believe that he didn't...
Originally Posted by Eva
I know...but I am sure tonite and the night he won, it was off the cuff so to speak.
well, i was just reading in international herald tribune that it WAS an autocue...apparently, obama uses a teleprompter more than any other president, even for every day rountine announcements...
http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/03/...ica/prompt.php

it's actually quite weird once you've watched him make a few speeches how he never looks straight on, always directly from left to right, obviously where his screens are...

MM, xx
Old Mar 6th 2009, 5:30 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

well, i was just reading in international herald tribune that it WAS an autocue...apparently, obama uses a teleprompter more than any other president, even for every day rountine announcements...
http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/03/...ica/prompt.php

it's actually quite weird once you've watched him make a few speeches how he never looks straight on, always directly from left to right, obviously where his screens are...

MM, xx

Apols MM,I stand corrected.