Wikiposts

Obama

Old Jan 20th 2009, 5:58 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obama

Originally Posted by Eva
Shiva,

What if any excerpt has the longevity of MLK or Jfk's
not sure let me read it again. it will also depend on how he acts from here on in.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:06 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

like this bit

"But our time of standing pat, of protecting narrow interests and putting off unpleasant decisions - that time has surely passed. Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America. "

FDR like actions to create employment

"The state of the economy calls for action, bold and swift, and we will act - not only to create new jobs, but to lay a new foundation for growth. We will build the roads and bridges, the electric grids and digital lines that feed our commerce and bind us together"

my fav bit and if he does stimulate an alternative energy boom akin to teh dotcom boom, this may be what he's remebered for

"We will restore science to its rightful place, and wield technology's wonders to raise health care's quality and lower its cost. We will harness the sun and the winds and the soil to fuel our cars and run our factories"

perhapsa this if he gets a peace accord in the ME

"To the Muslim world, we seek a new way forward, based on mutual interest and mutual respect. To those leaders around the globe who seek to sow conflict, or blame their society's ills on the West - know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy. To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history; but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist."

i like the last few paragraphs as well
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Did you notice that he wasn't actually reading his speech???
autocue, non...??

MM, xx
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
autocue, non...??

MM, xx
I like to believe that he didn't...
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

I like to believe that he didn't...
then please do...

MM, xx
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

then please do...

MM, xx
He didn't...He's not the type...
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:15 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

autocue, non...??

MM, xx
I don't think so MM - and! I don't think he had a vest on.I don't mean a cotton one
one of those protective things.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
I don't think so MM - and! I don't think he had a vest on.I don't mean a cotton one
one of those protective things.
ohh, will have to have another look, just assumed that he did, they normally do...

MM, xx
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:32 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

ohh, will have to have another look, just assumed that he did, they normally do...

MM, xx

I know...but I am sure tonite and the night he won, it was off the cuff so to speak.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:38 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good luck to him and I hope he keeps safe.

Old Jan 20th 2009, 5:07 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Am sure he will do well.

It does irk me that they had public prayers at the ceremony that ushers in a the President of a constitutionally secular state but at least I know Obama will not blindly reject new technological research based on what he thinks the bible says...nor will he invade countries because it's "God's will".

I noticed while out last night a lot of detractors from the Brit camp about the hype which was rather pathetic given our current Prime Minister has not been elected and we have no right to elected our own Head of State.

Sigh...politics eh?

N.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:31 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Am sure he will do well.

It does irk me that they had public prayers at the ceremony that ushers in a the President of a constitutionally secular state but at least I know Obama will not blindly reject new technological research based on what he thinks the bible says...nor will he invade countries because it's "God's will".

I noticed while out last night a lot of detractors from the Brit camp about the hype which was rather pathetic given our current Prime Minister has not been elected and we have no right to elected our own Head of State.

Sigh...politics eh?

N.

Yes tbh, my cringe factor was well high with the tiresome pastor and his ramblings- spoiled the event a bit-not forgetting the Chief Justice fluffing the Oath though. How to terminate your career while the world watches eh?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Did you notice that he wasn't actually reading his speech???
Great isn't it? One in a million...
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

It was great viewing, I was impressed with his speech, particularly because he wasn't reading it. Loved all the people in the audience who were crying - he brings such huge hopefullness not just to US but to the world. Let's hope he does what he said he will in his speech . . .

He gets my vote - or he would if I had one . . .

N
Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

I would be highly surprised if he wasn't using a teleprompter, as i'm sure everyone saw they were positioned either side of him and he was noticeably going between them.

He is well known to have very good memory with regards to public speaking and is an excellent orator.....but there were very few (if any falters) during his speech, which is hard if you are doing it from your head? Also there was one point where he paused for a bit too long, as if the speech briefly stopped on the teleprompter?

Just my opinion. But the speechwriters, with his input, got it fairly spot on. At least it wasn't some "isn't America doing so well" speech?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.