NYE Festivities

Old Dec 28th 2010, 8:16 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NYE Festivities

Originally Posted by lionheart
So where are you guys planning to see in the New Year? They say that the Burj Khalifa firework and lazer show will be memorable, so a rooftop venue may not be a bad idea.
Irish Village it seems.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 9:05 am
Account Closed

yummybrummy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kittycat1
yeah I know- its always a hard time of year for me- I used to suffer quite badly with depression and it has a tendancy of rearing its ugly head this time of year- All just feels so fake- its just another night the same as any other- anyway best to keep my doom and gloom to myself.

Did you know that new years eve has the highest rate of suicides compared to any other night of the year? Oh happy days!
Kit, know exactly what you mean. Can be a kind of depressing time. I usually don't bother celebrating it either but will have to this year as daughter landing in Dxb NYE and she's well excited at attending some event or other. So guess will have to don my happy hat and do the expected parental thing..........

Might go to Burj Khalifa, think she'd like that. Come to think of it, I might too. You're welcome to join us
Old Dec 28th 2010, 9:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yummybrummy
Kit, know exactly what you mean. Can be a kind of depressing time. I usually don't bother celebrating it either but will have to this year as daughter landing in Dxb NYE and she's well excited at attending some event or other. So guess will have to don my happy hat and do the expected parental thing..........

Might go to Burj Khalifa, think she'd like that. Come to think of it, I might too. You're welcome to join us
the traffic in that area will be horrific, get there early if that's your plan
Old Dec 28th 2010, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
the traffic in that area will be horrific, get there early if that's your plan
Thanks BC. Thought it might not be too bad as over the Xmas period everywhere has been dead so gathered folks will still be at home visiting and not return until sometime following week but if everyone suddenly emerges from woodwork then I'll make provisions
Old Dec 28th 2010, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks brummy- but i think ill be stopping in- cant face all those people, and trying to get a cab- yuck! My duvet will do I think.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 9:48 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

The boss has just booked a NYE dinner at Carters at Wafi. Sounds like a nice menu with lots of scallops, quail breasts and such like. Not bad for AED350+ including unlimited vino.
Shame they stopped doing pork though, the food in there is pretty decent.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

HELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really nice

So where are you guys planning to see in the New Year? They say that the Burj Khalifa firework and lazer show will be memorable, so a rooftop venue may not be a bad idea.
Yup, that's exactly where I'm headed - a pal has an apartment overlooking it all, so a great view from her balcony!! Have fun!!
Old Dec 28th 2010, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be at Irish Vilage with the new lady......not really my choice but peer pressure pushed me into it. Had to turn down a night on a yacht in AD as well
Old Dec 28th 2010, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar
I'll be at Irish Vilage with the new lady......not really my choice but peer pressure pushed me into it. (
The new lady or the Irish Village?
Old Dec 28th 2010, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

Sod this for a lark, think I'll have a bbq in back garden - anyone interested?
Old Dec 28th 2010, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yummybrummy
Sod this for a lark, think I'll have a bbq in back garden - anyone interested?
at midnight?
Old Dec 28th 2010, 4:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
at midnight?
Why not Millhouse - you can supply all the booze and as much as you want to eat
Old Dec 28th 2010, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

Might even get Karaoke organised....................

Oh the pains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 29th 2010, 2:50 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a word of caution about the Burj Khalifa NYE fireworks show...as reported by Dubai Media Inc, whoever they are...the whole thing will only last 8 minutes, apparently:

"The fireworks display will last for three minutes commencing at 19:59:50GMT. The display will be preceded by a five-minute fire, water, and laser show on the Dubai Fountain, the world's tallest musical performing fountain, situated at the foot of the Burj Khalifa."

It seems that the whole show is being broadcast live, so for Kittykat and others who want to avoid the crush outside, it may not be such a bad idea to stay at home in front of the goggle box or computer with a bottle of Jack Daniels and a loved one. Just an option.
Old Dec 29th 2010, 3:23 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to try and stay up for the midnight ones at the Burj al Arab

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.