NYE in Dubai

Old Nov 29th 2012, 9:05 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default NYE in Dubai

So what we all doing for NYE then?

We went to Sandance recently and had a VIP table and it was class, but the packages aren't so great this year so I think we're going to MEydan. Faithless and Snoop Dogg are on, AED 750 for a ticket and you get AEd 800 worth of booze vouchers - sounds canny eh?
Old Nov 29th 2012, 9:14 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NYE in Dubai

No idea. Might have a house party. It'll be a damn sight cheaper, and probably more fun.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 9:26 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bistro Le Pierre, Ilkley
Old Nov 29th 2012, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Bistro Le Pierre, Ilkley
I have always wondered this... what does 'bahtat' actually mean? We used to sing this song at camp "On Ikley Moor Bahtat". I always wondered what it meant...

We shall be at home this NYE. Good food, champagne and trying to avoid Jools Holland.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 9:39 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla View Post
I have always wondered this... what does 'bahtat' actually mean? We used to sing this song at camp "On Ikley Moor Bahtat". I always wondered what it meant...

We shall be at home this NYE. Good food, champagne and trying to avoid Jools Holland.
Yorkshireish
Wheear 'ast tha bin sin' ah saw thee, ah saw thee?
On Ilkla Mooar baht 'at
Wheear 'ast tha bin sin' ah saw thee, ah saw thee?
Wheear 'ast tha bin sin' ah saw thee?
On Ilkla Mooar baht 'at
On Ilkla Mooar baht 'at
On Ilkla Mooar baht 'at
Tha's been a cooartin' Mary Jane
Tha's bahn' to catch thy deeath o` cowd
Then us'll ha' to bury thee
Then t'worms'll come an` eyt thee up
Then t'ducks'll come an` eyt up t'worms
Then us'll go an` eyt up t'ducks
Then us'll all ha' etten thee
That's wheear we get us ooan back

Ingerlish
Where have you been since I last saw you, last saw you?
On Ilkley Moor without a hat
Where have you been since I last saw you, last saw you?
Where have you been since I last saw you?
You have been courting Mary Jane
You are bound to catch your death of cold
Then we will have to bury you
Then the worms will come and eat you up
Then the ducks will come and eat up the worms
Then we will go and eat up the ducks
Then we will have eaten you
That's where we get our own back
Old Nov 29th 2012, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the translation . Another question for thee... my dad is a Yorkshireman and years ago he had this Danish girlfriend. He took her up to the Moors to some event or t'other and he told her that she would not be able to understand them as they had their own dialect. She said they were speaking Danish. Apparently, the vikings settled in Yorkshire and that is where a lot of the Yorkshire language comes from. Is that correct?

My dad also told me that the US nearly adopted German as their language rather than English, so I am a bit sceptical...
Old Nov 29th 2012, 9:54 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the translation . Another question for thee... my dad is a Yorkshireman and years ago he had this Danish girlfriend. He took her up to the Moors to some event or t'other and he told her that she would not be able to understand them as they had their own dialect. She said they were speaking Danish. Apparently, the vikings settled in Yorkshire and that is where a lot of the Yorkshire language comes from. Is that correct?

My dad also told me that the US nearly adopted German as their language rather than English, so I am a bit sceptical...
By all accounts there are a lot of similarities between Danish and Geordie. Now I always thought this was impossible until I watches a fantastic tv series called 'Le Brown' (the bridge, get it downloaded now, its class) which is half danish and half swedish and there was more than a few words in there that didn't mean the same thing but were pure Geordie.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff View Post
No idea. Might have a house party. It'll be a damn sight cheaper, and probably more fun.
I don't go out on NYE anymore. Overpriced, crowed and you can't get home afterwards!
I stay in, sip some bubbles, comfort my poor Doberman who becomes a wuss dog when the fireworks go off!
I do a lovely boozy NY day lunch with friends. Which is always fun.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 12:15 pm
Hit 16's

I dunno, I'm from Essex.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
I dunno, I'm from Essex.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

There was a lot of German immigrants to the states, as seen by the 'Pennsylvanian Dutch' -actually an American mangling of Deutch, and the Amish and Quaker population.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Geordie not Yorkie is the closest to Scandinavian

"Waurs the bairns ?" is the same in Danish and in Geordie

(= "Where are the children ?" in Standard English)

Last edited by scot47; Nov 30th 2012 at 6:00 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47 View Post
Geordie not Yorkie is the closed to Scandinavian

"Waurs the bairns ?" is the same in Danish and in Geordie

(= where are the childrfen in Styandrtad English)
For someone who claims to have been a teacher, your posts are appalling. Are you not aware of the spell-check facility that's available on this site?
Old Nov 30th 2012, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Claims?

I was

Snookered now by retinopathy

Thanks for your ever so gentle hint
Old Nov 30th 2012, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by scot47 View Post
Claims?

I was

Snookered now by retinopathy

Thanks for your ever so gentle hint
Oh dear! Foot-in-mouth time. Sorry to hear of your problems.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.