Nuisance calls

Old Aug 17th 2010, 7:43 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

Cow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really nice
Default Nuisance calls

Hi guys

A friend of mine here in the UAE has been receiving nuisance calls from an overseas caller. Have called du and they said they cannot block numbers... The guy she spoke to was pretty useless frankly and wondered if anyone had any more clarity on whether or not du can block numbers?

Advice gratefully received.

Cheers

DM
Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:51 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nuisance calls

Originally Posted by Daniel Marsden
Hi guys

A friend of mine here in the UAE has been receiving nuisance calls from an overseas caller. Have called du and they said they cannot block numbers... The guy she spoke to was pretty useless frankly and wondered if anyone had any more clarity on whether or not du can block numbers?

Advice gratefully received.

Cheers

DM
Have they said why they cannot block the number? I am sure Etisalat can. Your friend should also contact the TRA about the issue.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:05 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

Cow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really nice

No reason why not Meow - the guy offered to block ALL international calls but that would also take time and not a viable option... Will try du again and also the TRA. Thanks (as always).

Dan
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:21 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

It's easier said than done. I have also been getting prank call from a int'l number and even though I am working in the HQ of a network operator finding some-one who can help getting a specific number blocked is a nightmare. I am not sure whether it is a technical issue or "cannot be arsed" issue but I have not acheived it in a month or so of trying.

After n'th call I did blow a whistle real loud down the phone and that stopped it for a week or so.

Now I have just saved the number in phonebook and assigned them a silent ring tone and no vibrate so at least the call do not annoy or wake me. Ignoring them does seem to have cut back the frequency of the call.

If I get any more joy on blocking will let you know.

Last edited by Welivehere; Aug 17th 2010 at 11:56 am.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:50 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daniel Marsden
No reason why not Meow - the guy offered to block ALL international calls but that would also take time and not a viable option... Will try du again and also the TRA. Thanks (as always).

Dan
Hi

I have a contact at Du & he'll investigate properly if you like. PM me
-
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:57 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Hi

I have a contact at Du & he'll investigate properly if you like. PM me
-
Trust Meow's contacts, they do get stuff done quick....
Old Aug 18th 2010, 7:50 am
Bored liberal

I am now having an onging argument with DU. They are saying that they will not block calls, but will investigate matters and 'take customer concerns seriously and will act accordingly'. I am trying to get them to tell me what they will actually do, as I fail to see what else solves the problem.

FWIW, I have found out that the iPhone has an application that blocks calls from specific numbers.
-
Old Aug 18th 2010, 8:22 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a facility on my mobile to block callers - have to save them first and then can block them, so although it registers that they have called, the number gets disconnected straight away.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 8:25 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Tillybean
I have a facility on my mobile to block callers - have to save them first and then can block them, so although it registers that they have called, the number gets disconnected straight away.
What type of phone do you have?
Old Aug 18th 2010, 8:26 am
Bored liberal

This is really bugging me so I have gone higher at Du. If they don't offer a satisfactory solution the option is to register a formal compaint and then take the matter to the TRA.
-
Old Aug 18th 2010, 8:31 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

What type of phone do you have?
It's a Samsung Touch phone - couple of years old now.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 9:41 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

This is really bugging me so I have gone higher at Du. If they don't offer a satisfactory solution the option is to register a formal compaint and then take the matter to the TRA.
-
Meow I salute you...