British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   NSFW (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/nsfw-655441/)

Jeeper Feb 18th 2010 8:05 am

NSFW

as in...Not Suitable for Women.

Motoring columnist loses it....

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/n...0626997&pnum=0

lionheart Feb 18th 2010 8:10 am

Re: NSFW

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 8353550)
as in...Not Suitable for Women.
Motoring columnist loses it....
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/n...0626997&pnum=0

What a poor excuse for a journalist.:(

Bonny Boy Feb 18th 2010 8:50 am

He'd like it in Saudi. No women drivers here and so everything is just tickety-boo on the highways. :rolleyes:

TGFKASE Feb 18th 2010 9:15 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8353572)
What a poor excuse for a journalist.:(

Not at all....

You could just about mirror his comments for the JJ's on the school run and then taking 2 parking spaces when they stop for coffee with the girls...

I am sick to death of seeing women barely big enough to see over the steering wheel barrelling down SZR/ER/AKR?(inset rd name here..) completely oblivious to their surroundings and plainly petrified...

If they are that scared of driving, hire a bloody taxi!!!!

lionheart Feb 18th 2010 10:34 am

Having spent nearly 12 years in the Arabian Gulf, my own personal experience is that young males are by far the worst drivers.

TGFKASE Feb 18th 2010 10:39 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8353925)
Having spent nearly 12 years in the Arabian Gulf, my own personal experience is that young males are by far the worst drivers.

Right...

So a journalist is a poor excuse because he writes an article based on his own personal experiences...

You, however, are a shining light of journalistic integrity by deriding his article because it does not match your own personal experiences...

I say a poor excuse of a reply....:thumbdown:

MataHari Feb 18th 2010 10:40 am

it's one of those subject that people will never agree on...
I see a lot of stupid stupid drivers here, both male and female, in normal cars and 4x4s...
I do think men tend to be more forgiving towards other male drivers, but when they see a woman doing something stupid, they will make a bigger deal out of it...

TGFKASE Feb 18th 2010 10:52 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8353938)
I see a lot of stupid stupid drivers here, both male and female, in normal cars and 4x4s...
I do think men tend to be more forgiving towards other male drivers, but when they see a woman doing something stupid, they will make a bigger deal out of it...

TBH, Im the other way..

I half expect a female of sub-continent extraction to have absolutley NO IDEA of what is going on around her, while her 3yo bounces on the front passenger seat and she carries out a cell phone conversation, hogging the next to last left lane...

I tend to look at male drivers doing the stupidest things and wondering whether I should drag him outta his car and flog him for bringing the male species into disrepute...

Jeeper Feb 18th 2010 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8353938)

difference between the idiot men and idiot women drivers....?

The women are hopeless without intent.
The men are hopeless with intent.

Does that make sense?

seven seas Feb 18th 2010 3:31 pm

Why are people astounded whenever they see a bad driver 'in a 4x4' ?

Are you only allowed in one if you are a good driver?

And we don't all use the full capacity of our cars, do we?

You have a roof rack that ytou aren't even using? And nothing attached to that towbar?

And you're too lazy to use your cigarette lighter as well??

Newsflash- people don't buy 4x4s to go off-road. People buy them for:

-improved visibility
-to get respect from smaller shittier cars
-safety
-more room
-fitting-in reasons

Some of these reasons suck ass, some are plain fallacies. But hardly anyone buys a 4x4 to go off-road.

This journo needs to get a life. I discovered all this stuff about eighty years ago, and he's still crying about it?
And how many of us have used our Swiss Army knives in a life-or death situation?

The Dean Feb 18th 2010 5:49 pm

If I was a bad driver :o I'd want a 4x4.........

..... because when I (inevitably) crash into something, I'm more likely to survive.

QED. Ad hoc. Ipso facto.

Jeeper Feb 18th 2010 7:30 pm

I hate 4x4 arguments.

If we really REALLY cared about safety we'd sacrifice 15mins out of our day and all drive around in golf carts.

Think about it.

Jeeper Feb 18th 2010 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8355121)
If I was a bad driver :o I'd want a 4x4.........

..... because when I (inevitably) crash into something, I'm more likely to Kill.

QED. Ad hoc. Ipso facto.

Every man for himself.

This is not 'society'.

Jeeper Feb 18th 2010 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by seven seas (Post 8354801)
Why are people astounded whenever they see a bad driver 'in a 4x4' ?

Are you only allowed in one if you are a good driver?

And we don't all use the full capacity of our cars, do we?

You have a roof rack that ytou aren't even using? And nothing attached to that towbar?

And you're too lazy to use your cigarette lighter as well??

Newsflash- people don't buy 4x4s to go off-road. People buy them for:

-improved visibility
-to get respect from smaller shittier cars
-safety
-more room
-fitting-in reasons

Some of these reasons suck ass, some are plain fallacies. But hardly anyone buys a 4x4 to go off-road.

This journo needs to get a life. I discovered all this stuff about eighty years ago, and he's still crying about it?
And how many of us have used our Swiss Army knives in a life-or death situation?

So we should ALL buy 4x4's to get improved visibility, respect from smaller shittier cars, safety, more room, etc etc..etc....ever seen the episode of the Simpsons where homer designs a car?

your logic only applies if you're the only one applying it.

if everyone adopts your logic your benefits (visibility, safety, respect etc ) goes out the window and you have to buy ever bigger vehicles.