British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   And now it's Munich :( (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/now-its-munich-880822/)

Irishbeekeeper Jul 22nd 2016 9:33 pm

And now it's Munich :(

When will it all end and is the end really what is needed?
http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=cdc_1469207830

Charismatic Jul 22nd 2016 10:09 pm

Re: And now it's Munich :(

If we're going to have a new thread each time there is a new terror attack in the EU I fear we are heading into a future where we're likely to fill up the BE forums rather quickly. What about one consolidated thread for posting?

scot47 Jul 22nd 2016 11:31 pm

Suggestions that acts were carried out by Right wingers. 5 years since Breivik murdered all those innocents in Oslo.

DXBtoDOH Jul 23rd 2016 6:21 am

Iranian with German citizenship.

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12009735)
Suggestions that acts were carried out by Right wingers. 5 years since Breivik murdered all those innocents in Oslo.

iggle Jul 23rd 2016 10:11 am

I can't keep up its so daily. I am trying to figure out what happened at our air bases which have gone under the radar. It's a daily occurrence now.

Many people said this would happen and they were branded racists. It's such a shame Europe is not safe any more. I have many friends that fly to Munich and Paris, and they tell me they instructed by their cabin manger to stay in the hotels now.

mission Jul 24th 2016 10:02 am

couldn't agree more!

'Around and around we go. An 18-year old man, born and raised in Germany with Iranian background, has carried out a shooting in Munich during which he yelled "I... Am German!", complained about being bullied for years by Germans, made disparaging remarks about Turks and "foreigners", and ended up killing 10 people including himself.
The killer was obsessed with mass shootings, and his room was full of documents exploring school shootings. "Police also said there was an "obvious link between the gunman and Norway's mass killer Anders Behring Breivik, who murdered 77 people in July 2011," who was a white supremacist hoping to target "multiculturalism" in his killings.
And yet, suddenly, the fact that this boy was of Iranian heritage is the main story in the US media, and the same idiots as usual are calling for Muslim leaders and Islam to be put on trial for his actions.
Instead of having a conversation about violence in the West, about masculinity and gun culture, about bullying in schools particularly against children of immigrants, they want to talk about Islam. Why not ask:
Why would a young man feel so bullied and targeted that he would feel the need to claim his German-ness while killing people?
What pushes victims of bullying to engage in acts of horrifying violence themselves?
What effect does a climate of racist intolerance, in which the anti-immigrant right wing is gaining unprecedented power across Europe and the US, have on second-generation immigrant children in the West?
Why are 98% of mass killings carried out by men?
Instead of a real conversation about any of these issues, the main focus becomes whether or not he had ISIS links.
It is much easier to look to Iraq and Syria to blame, it seems, than to investigate what factors in our societies causes such incidents. Make no mistake about it: this violence is a product of our own society.'

Pongo Jul 24th 2016 10:37 am

Maybe he was reversing the trend, who knows, 3 of the victims were Turkish and 3 from Kosovo.

iggle Jul 24th 2016 10:47 am

No this is Western Media trying put a spin on this, i don't believe this for a second.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 24th 2016 11:25 am

It feels and appears to be a full on war on European soil.

Millhouse Jul 25th 2016 6:40 am

I'm actually losing count in Germany now.

They should really just focus on catching pokes.

mikelincs Jul 25th 2016 7:31 am

Now Ansbach, suicide bomber, only fatality was the bomber, but some others injured, none seriously. This was at some sort of music festival.

IKnowNothing Jul 25th 2016 8:43 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12011309)
Now Ansbach, suicide bomber, only fatality was the bomber, but some others injured, none seriously. This was at some sort of music festival.

What a waste of one life - if he'd read the instructions he could have wasted 12.

(sarcasm)

Millhouse Jul 25th 2016 9:11 am

something in Florida right now too.

iggle Jul 25th 2016 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12011361)
something in Florida right now too.

If they all had guns, they could defend them selves right??? :thumbsup:

DXBtoDOH Jul 25th 2016 9:27 am

I don't even look at the headlines anymore. :(

Whatever it was, it'll be replaced with something else next week.