November Thread

Old Nov 1st 2018, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: November Thread

Originally Posted by reddiva
Primark makes a killing, every other person i see in town has one of their carrier bags. Cheat tat is popular
Yup. And dessert restaurants.

The high street is wiped out, but it will come back - I'm really seeing a rise in independent businesses which is great. Loads of old office space being refused as escape rooms etc. (sad to say I failed on an escape room this week and it was largely my fault)
Old Nov 1st 2018, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me about escape rooms, Millhouse. I've heard of the concept. You're locked into a room and need to figure your way out? What's the pleasure in it?
Old Nov 1st 2018, 11:35 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reddiva
I heard that Bidis and Cabana have or are closing
Not been down there in a while, was told Cabana is closed (it was always quiet) and Bidis will close January with Barasti taking over...not a big miss as I prefer Barrel 12 for the sport.
We have a lot of friends just left or leaving soon, mainly long-term residents who have done their time and want to go home to pasture.
For us, we'll see how 2019 pans out then likely move back to blighty 2020 at the latest.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 11:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Yup. And dessert restaurants.

The high street is wiped out, but it will come back - I'm really seeing a rise in independent businesses which is great. Loads of old office space being refused as escape rooms etc. (sad to say I failed on an escape room this week and it was largely my fault)
Love an escape room.

Unfortunately though, the last one we did the answers were almost permanently marked (the most used key lock, the most used numbers, the most used 'thing').

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Tell me about escape rooms, Millhouse. I've heard of the concept. You're locked into a room and need to figure your way out? What's the pleasure in it?
Too much fun for you. Also the quicker you do it, the lower the value for money is. You'd hate it.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Love an escape room.
Too much fun for you. Also the quicker you do it, the lower the value for money is. You'd hate it.
On the flip side, in the UK at least - they are all run by socially awkward starwars fan-types, so I think he might like it.

There is one where you are blindfolded and hand-cuffed to the floor; although I didn't do it as they won't let you do it naked.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

On the flip side, in the UK at least - they are all run by socially awkward starwars fan-types, so I think he might like it.

There is one where you are blindfolded and hand-cuffed to the floor; although I didn't do it as they won't let you do it naked.
Huge lolz.

Did some excellent ones here and some fairly average.

There's one where you have to work out people's ages from a DOB. Having done that for well over 10 years now I'm pretty swift at working out how old someone is (and therefore whether I'm going to call them). The bloke loved how quickly I did that, said the average was ages longer. Things like that are really cool, having to work things backwards or sideways or test things to get a result.

Might have to do one this weekend now. Fancy it?
Old Nov 1st 2018, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Love an escape room.

Unfortunately though, the last one we did the answers were almost permanently marked (the most used key lock, the most used numbers, the most used 'thing').

Probably right. Quite good at puzzles. I used to read my mother's mysteries and had them solved within 20 pages.

I could tell you stories about blindfolds and hand-cuffs and being naked. Would you like to hear them?
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 8:17 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

I could tell you stories about blindfolds and hand-cuffs and being naked. Would you like to hear them?
Hell NO
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 10:10 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Someone's been reading Fifty Shades of Grey...
Old Nov 4th 2018, 7:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Someone's been reading Fifty Shades of Bullshit...
FIFY
Old Nov 4th 2018, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Probably right. Quite good at puzzles. I used to read my mother's mysteries and had them solved within 20 pages.

Sounds like a normal masonic lodge Thursday night !
Old Nov 4th 2018, 8:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Sounds like a normal masonic lodge Thursday night !
I've been watching the doc on Netflix.
They aren't helping themselves are they, they've produced a documentary that makes it even more boring than previously thought.
Old Nov 4th 2018, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Last edited by DXBtoDOH; Nov 4th 2018 at 9:56 am.
Old Nov 4th 2018, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

<images of blindfolded naked men on the floor with golf-balls in their mouth removed>
we asked you to not share it.

Last edited by Millhouse; Nov 4th 2018 at 10:04 am.
Old Nov 4th 2018, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

we asked you to not share it.
Fair enough. I edited. Do the same and people's sensibilities will no longer be offended.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.