British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Not even the Daily Mail could make this up.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/not-even-daily-mail-could-make-up-775644/)

The Dean Oct 24th 2012 7:23 pm

Not even the Daily Mail could make this up....

.......... surely?

[she's not a prostitute, as she is only doing it once] :huh:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Boomhauer Oct 24th 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Not even the Daily Mail could make this up....

It must be a publicity stunt, to grab attention. I read about this over a month ago and there were reports skeptical on whether the whole thing would even follow through.

Although Migliorini, a physical education student, has claimed to media that she planned to donate as much as 90 percent of the auction price to charities that will build homes in the Brazilian state of Santa Catarina, even auction organizer Justin Sisely, who devised the plan for a proposed documentary, was skeptical.

"I was surprised she said that because in all my dealings with her, she made it clear that it was a business decision for her," Australian filmmaker Justin Sisely told The Huffington Post recently. "Now, given how big this story is in Brazil, she's trapped. If she doesn't give any money to charity, she's going to look bad."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...world&ir=World

Fossildog Oct 24th 2012 7:52 pm

Daily Fail as Meow would hilariously call it.

britexpat76 Oct 25th 2012 8:29 am

For half a million Quid I would want Eva Mendes's virginity or Tweedy.

The Dean Oct 27th 2012 5:26 am

I've been away for a couple of days............... what happened to this thread? :confused:

Meow Oct 27th 2012 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Fossildog (Post 10348171)
Daily Fail as Meow would hilariously call it.

As I called it maybe twice? Stuck in your mind though, eh? :zzz::zzz::zzz:

captainflack Oct 27th 2012 11:57 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10348116)
she's not a prostitute, as she is only doing it once

"I'm not a murderer, I've only killed once"

The Dean Oct 27th 2012 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by captainflack (Post 10352573)
"I'm not a murderer, I've only killed once"

Hmmm............ no.

Murder is an event - if you do it, you are a murderer. Prostitution is a form of employment; it implies some degree of ongoing participation..........

Millhouse Oct 27th 2012 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10352587)
Hmmm............ no.

Murder is an event - if you do it, you are a murderer. Prostitution is a form of employment; it implies some degree of ongoing participation..........

where does a hitman fit into all of this?

The Dean Oct 27th 2012 8:39 pm

Good question, but captainflack talked about someone who kills only once..........

Norm_uk Oct 28th 2012 6:56 am

I wouldn't want anyone's virginity - and for that money I could have three fire breathing whores every day until I day (which would be soon from all the clap no doubt).

But seriously; once, twice or three times...if you charge money for sex you are a hooker.

N.

Boomhauer Oct 28th 2012 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 10353609)
I wouldn't want anyone's virginity - and for that money I could have three fire breathing whores every day until I day (which would be soon from all the clap no doubt).

But seriously; once, twice or three times...if you charge money for sex you are a hooker.

N.

After she does the deed (assuming the whole thing ain't a stunt) she would be an ex-prostitute.

Now the hard thing is figuring out if she is a hooker right this minute because she isn't servicing guys for money currently but she has entered into a contract to service a guy in the near future, so...

Meow Oct 28th 2012 12:18 pm

I am mystified as to why people are so bothered and need to attach a label to her. It's her body, she isn't a child, and she can do with it as she pleases. If some fool of a man is willing to pay a load of money to have sex with her once, then he is an idiot and she will profit massively from the transaction.

Bahtatboy Oct 28th 2012 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10353896)
After she does the deed (assuming the whole thing ain't a stunt) she would be an ex-prostitute.
Now the hard thing is figuring out if she is a hooker right this minute because she isn't servicing guys for money currently but she has entered into a contract to service a guy in the near future, so...

If you argue that after having done it she isn't a hooker, then she isn't a hooker now because she hasn't yet done it.

Both buyer and seller could wind up in hot water depending on how such a transaction is viewed in their own countries.

Miss Anne Thrope Oct 28th 2012 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10353902)
I am mystified....

But not surprised I would guess......